Charlie Davies in Serious Car Accident.. 1 dead

I can't think of anyone who can replace Davies pace up front.

This is big trouble for the USMNT

can't imagine how jozy's taking it. they're like best friends.

and jaflash, i think we're screwed now. i can't think of one person who can come in and fill the role davies had.

really messed up situation... i agree that it sounds like probably a drunk driving accident.

Don't let the picture of the car completely fool you though - if they had to cut the car up to get people out, it can look much worse than it really was.However, from the sounds of his injuries and the girl who died, it sounds like it was a terribly bad accident.

And the worst part is that he was out after curfew to begin with.... not saying it's his fault they got in a wreck, but he never should've been in thatsituation to begin with from the sounds of it.

wonder how jozy is taking it, they were alwyas talking to each other on twitter.
j8pe2h.jpg

I was just thinking today, what ever happened to Eddie Johnson? I would say we that Conor Casey will get the start again tomorrow, but I'm hoping we starthim or Brian Ching in South Africa. I would pick Conor Casey if I had to pick anyone on our current roster though. He really proved me wrong Saturday, but heis just so damn slow! I think it would kinda throw us out of whack if we had to move Dempsey or Landon to striker (obviously that works late in games, butI'm talking entire games).

Any other options I'm forgetting?

I'm liking the look of Holden in place of Demps in the midfield... so i think we could move him up front. He's move aggressive, so I almost prefer himup front anyways. but there's no replacing Davies speed up front. and we can't afford to move Landon up as far as i'm concerned.

I also wouldn't mind seeing Adu get some work.. but we'll see.

RIP to the women that didn't make it. She had a bright future It sounds like.

Charlie Davies will be out until next season resumes. I hope everyone else is okay.

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

I'm liking the look of Holden in place of Demps in the midfield... so i think we could move him up front. He's move aggressive, so I almost prefer him up front anyways. but there's no replacing Davies speed up front. and we can't afford to move Landon up as far as i'm concerned.
Yeah, I agree with this scenario. I really like the way Holden distributes the ball.

I got an email from the American Outlaws newsletter and it had this to say about Davies:
[font=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]One woman passenger is dead, and the driver is in critical condition. It has been said that Davies will surely be out of action for at least 12 months, if he ever plays professionally again. Fracturing several bones and lacerating his bladder will surely cause problems with years to come, not just in the game. We can only give our thoughts and prayers to all involved, and the football aspect really becomes insignificant. [/font]
Hopefully #9 will be alright. One can only hope.

smh...

the lady was the driver. hes going to be out at least 6-12 months and add some more time to get back to form if he can at all..
He was one of our main keys on the team, with he speed,quickness, and fearless attitude.

im totally shocked and saddened by the news.

Hell no..............Pull through Charlie. Man I hate this kind of news.

RIP to the young lady.

i dont mean to sound like im only thinkin of myself instead of davies condition and the girls death...

but this !*@! is a blow to our 2010 WC squad. not saying he's our best player, but he definitely brought a different element to the team than the rest ofthe guys did with his speed and quickness

I'm not really going out on a limb here but I'm going to say that it's less than likely that he'll ever be able to return to playing form. OnceI heard it was the femur then I automatically knew it'd be an extremely difficult recovery.

I'm almost tempted to fly down to DC and see him as we've grown pretty close over the years (it's that new england prep school soccer brotherhood).This really hurts the US team's potential in South Africa but I think by moving some pieces around, we can weather the storm. As someone alluded to,Stu's midfield play and versatility allows either Landon or Dempsey to move up top. And though Jozy and Charlie are different, forcing Jozy to play moredirect and off of Casey/Ching is a viable option.

Might as also want to finally bring in a Jemal Johnson or Jeremiah White and see how they pan out at the international level.

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

SMH if alcohol played a part in this.
The parkway for the most part is narrow and only 2 lanes ....it's a gorgeous ride during the day, but if your driving is impared due toalcohol, the parkway is VERY dangerous....especially at night. I'm hoping that alcohol wasn't involved....I think last year, a dude was on amotorcycle and drove off the parkway into the potomac river. That is a HUGE drop....

Originally Posted by Ricardo Malta

I'm not really going out on a limb here but I'm going to say that it's less than likely that he'll ever be able to return to playing form. Once I heard it was the femur then I automatically knew it'd be an extremely difficult recovery.

I'm almost tempted to fly down to DC and see him as we've grown pretty close over the years (it's that new england prep school soccer brotherhood). This really hurts the US team's potential in South Africa but I think by moving some pieces around, we can weather the storm. As someone alluded to, Stu's midfield play and versatility allows either Landon or Dempsey to move up top. And though Jozy and Charlie are different, forcing Jozy to play more direct and off of Casey/Ching is a viable option.

Might as also want to finally bring in a Jemal Johnson or Jeremiah White and see how they pan out at the international level.

damn malta, i knew you were a soccer player but never really put 2 and 2 together realizing you might know him. This *!$$ is depressing the hell out of meright now, mostly because i agree with your first statement.

i had a good friend !+#@ up his femur in a soccer game, got the surgery with the rods and what not which they $+@*!$ up and he ended up having damage done tohis knee from it or something along those lines.. had to go in and get his knee fixed and re-do the surgery for the femur... just a mess. He moves pretty wellnow some years later, ended up still playing small college soccer, and i'm not saying they'll screw up his surgery.. but you just never are the sameafter having a serious injury to a major bone like that, especially in a sport where you move around on your feet constantly.
frown.gif

Hopefully we're both wrong. loved watching him play...
tired.gif

Originally Posted by Scott Frost

Isnt the Femur the strongest bone in the human body?
Also the longest in your body so if it doesn't heal properly then you're gonna be walking with a noticeable limp for AT LEAST a year. What works in Charlie's favor is that he was in great shape and the muscles around the femur will help with his recovery.

If anybody follows US youth soccer closely, you'll remember the same thing happened to Chefik Simo back in 2002. He was part of that u-17 residency teamwith Eddie Johnson, Santino Quaranta, etc and he never fully recovered and had to quit playing soccer all together. Sad sad story.

damn malta, i knew you were a soccer player but never really put 2 and 2 together realizing you might know him. This *!$$ is depressing the hell out of me right now, mostly because i agree with your first statement.
He's a couple years younger than me but he went to Nobles and I went to Loomis Chaffee so we had alot of mutual friends, especially in Boston. Being a black and playing soccer at a New England prep school, there was always this silent brotherhood amongst us and me and Charlie followed eachother's careers closely, even before we became good friends. Sad really because he was really taking flight in France and was cementing a starting spot inSouth Africa.

Prayers go out to the young ladies family and hopefully Davies can make a full recovery.

There is no other USAMNT player that can replace his pace or skill. He will be greatly missed if he can't get back onto the pitch.

i dont think you can replace dudes skill....only thing is maybe motivation for world cup..

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

SMH if alcohol played a part in this.
The parkway for the most part is narrow and only 2 lanes ....it's a gorgeous ride during the day, but if your driving is impared due to alcohol, the parkway is VERY dangerous....especially at night. I'm hoping that alcohol wasn't involved....I think last year, a dude was on a motorcycle and drove off the parkway into the potomac river. That is a HUGE drop....
Hate driving at night on there. Complete mess. Hope he gets back to form.

Back
Top Bottom