Cheap things you do vol. every dollar counts

Honestly I just exercise common sense when I make a purchase.

1. Unless I'm strapped for time, I buy my food and drinks at grocery stores like Fry's(Kroger in other parts of the country) and Costco. Safeway and Albertsons are too expensive for me.

2. When buying clothes or shoes I'll try them out in the store and almost always find them cheaper online.

3. Slickdeals usually has decent deals on things like socks, undershirts and boxers

4. Never buy anything from Best Buy unless its extremely discounted. 99% of my electronic purchases happen online

5. One thing I've learned over the years is that quality is important. When I buy something I want it to last awhile vs buying something cheaper and replacongnit several times. There is nothing wrong with spending a little extra for proven quality and longevity

I been tryna put my family on game but they just don't listen. :smh: Spend guap on the things that you gotta use often, everything else is whatever.

Honestly, there isn't much need for Paper Towels. Forget re-using them, I JUST started buying them this year. And I usually by $1 rolls

I'm pretty good with math off the top of my head, so when I'm in the grocery store I'll compare weights of food products to make sure I'm getting the most relative to the weight/price.

never buy napkins for the apartment or the car, just use the ones i get from fast food restaurants

never order drinks while out, always water.
I do this as well. I thought most people do this actually.

Last edited:
I'm pretty good with math off the top of my head, so when I'm in the grocery store I'll compare weights of food products to make sure I'm getting the most relative to the weight/price.

never buy napkins for the apartment or the car, just use the ones i get from fast food restaurants

never order drinks while out, always water.
I do this as well. I thought most people do this actually.
Walmart do it for you tho...

I actually know a guy who instead of order a lemonade, orders a water with lemon and asks for sugar.

For inside garbage we use plastic bags from the store, not a bin liner like a glad bag.

We ruse napkins until they tear. If you for example wipe your hands with a napkin, my mom will put to the side on the counter, use it it wipe solid food off the plates into the garbage like bones n stuff, then put it aside again and wait until all the dishes are washed and use the same napkin to clean out that drain gaurd thing for the sink.

THEN we throw it out

Last edited:
I stopped smoking cigarettes 4 months ago..so that saves about $130 a month

I don't drink soda or iced tea..strictly water..so that saves a lot of money..also I purchase all of my water at wholesale stores..it's normally $5 for a 35-pack..so u see the value there

Also..my company has a gym..and they have free spring water fountains..so I just fill my water at work in my water bottle all day..I don't have to bring any water at all (I used to buy up to two drinks a day there out of the machine)..too bad the gym sucks and I still pay $60 at the gym by my house

I also buy all my snacks at the wholesale place as well

I now make my breakfast at home and bring my lunch..some days I would spend $20 a day

Whenever I buy something online I will pay the minimum needed for free shipping..almost always (sneakers,Amazon, etc)

When booking trips I could spend days comparing prices..until I'm satisfied with a price

I wouldn't really call my measures cheap..but cost-effective

Lol @ reusing napkins..why don't u guys just use hand towels or rags and wash them

Last edited:
Grab a handful of toothpicks when eating out.
Take home shampoo, lotion..etc when staying at hotel.
Use plastic bags on the doorknob for garbage.

I been tryna put my family on game but they just don't listen.
mean.gif
Spend guap on the things that you gotta use often, everything else is whatever.
laugh.gif
 Me too.

Every time I go over my grandmas house I see a new trash can.

I'm like grandma kill that dollar store $5 bs and cop a real can.

winner.

I never order a drink at restaurants, just water.
Same here, but that is because I just drink water. Don't do it to save money.

Some of the stuff yall are naming isn't CHEAP forreal

How do you save on tampons?

I couldn't be friends with some of ya'll

Some of this belongs in the 'fools wildin' thread

Do ya'll do this around ya'll gf's/wives? Smh

*posting from free wi-fi at the mall*

^ reminds me, too cheap for data so I rely on wifi hot spots. I also have a 1000 text limit

I work at the mall and there's also a Jimmy Johns at the mall, as well. Every once in a while, I'll call and have it delivered for lunch. Would you guys tip the delivery guy since he's basically running across the mall?

I work at the mall and there's also a Jimmy Johns at the mall, as well. Every once in a while, I'll call and have it delivered for lunch. Would you guys tip the delivery guy since he's basically running across the mall?

Lol..yes

I'd probably just walk over there, but I'm guessing there is a reason why you can't. If so maybe like a dollar but not much.

Lately I been taking napkins and eating utensils from chipotle :lol: I haven't had to buy any all semester lmaoo

I like to have tissue paper and paper towels in both our vehicles in case of a spill, so I normally take a stack of both (off the roll and not the entire thing) from my office building and keep a hefty amount in the glove boxes.

But reading this thread is sad, entertaining and smart all at the same time, haha.

Back
Top Bottom