Checks vs Direct Deposit

Physical Check all day. Don't trust payroll they funny style. Plus I like going to the bank and making the teller work. They will soon be replaced watched , might as well give me purpose.

either way is cool with me

DD or a live check cuz i can deposit it with my app & keep it moving no issue

I still know people that prefer paper checks..

I get my check every Wednesday. Take it straight to the bank and deposit it.

No reason for me to get a direct deposit with a company even if it is offered, If they piss me off I don't plan on staying for long and I'll ask for a layoff. You only have a direct deposit if you're a superintendent who doesn't plan on leaving ever.

I don't understand that reasoning. You're saying you don't plan on working there forever so you don't get direct deposit?

What does that have to do with layoffs? You gonna be waiting for them to mail that final check when it could've been in your bank account.

My bank gives me $20  a month for using DD and bill pay. Totally worth it

It's basically frowned upon in our local. It signifies you're more of a company man than a brother. You just don't do it.
What? 
laugh.gif

Tbh I didn't even know y'all still used paper checks like that in the US.

Literally never seen someone use a paper check here.

I need info on this bro

I'm with Wells Fargo, it's called a Way To Save account. IDK what bank you're with but I'd call and inquire as to if they have a similar service. It really did help me out during my brokeboi days.

But on the other hand, it's really just an automatic version of something you can do yourself. If you take a certain percent of all your purchases and deposit in a savings account, it's basically the same thing.

I need to start saving more :smh:

Open up a separate account. Online high yields saving account specifically, and transfer some money there automatically each check. You will forget about the money because you never see it and you don't have instant access to the money.

Open up a separate account. Online high yields saving account specifically, and transfer some money there automatically each check. You will forget about the money because you never see it and you don't have instant access to the money.
One of my friends has an online savings account. Her interest rate is really nice. Have you done it?

My dad tells this all the time. Its solid advice. I don't use my debit cards ever though they're for suckers. It benefits you in no way. I use my credit card as a debit card equivalent. I spend it and then go home and pay it off.

That plus the extra fraud protection for situations like this is why I do this.

Agree. You also get reward points or cash back on your credit card by spending on stuff you were already going to spend anyway. There's more protection as youre sort of using the banks money and it's easier to stop the frauds, however for a debit card it comes straight from your bank account which I don't like.

One of my friends has an online savings account. Her interest rate is really nice. Have you done it?

Yes I have a Barclay high yield savings account, the interest rate is 1.05%. Very secure and easy to use. Seems like the average savings account interest is between .20% - .45%.

They also have a dream savings account that has an interest rate of 5% if you make a deposit every month and no withdrawals for 6 months. Only drawback is the $1000/mo deposit limit.

Back
Top Bottom