Chicago style pizza is the BEST pizza out there...

Originally Posted by TeflanDon

Originally Posted by Crank Lucas

NEW YORK AND JERSEY PIZZA>

This
pimp.gif
. New Jersey Pizza is underrated.
I'm from Jerz...and NJ pizza IS NY style pizza.

to me, it looks like NY is all about quanity and Chicago is about quality.

NY is big on having slices so big you have to fold it and jumbo this and that.

chicago is about toppings, the quality of toppings and how deep the dish can go.

ive never been to NY or Chicago, but i have had Unos and a brooklyn style pizza tho lol.

Originally Posted by taimaishu123

to me, it looks like NY is all about quanity and Chicago is about quality.

NY is big on having slices so big you have to fold it and jumbo this and that.

chicago is about toppings, the quality of toppings and how deep the dish can go.

ive never been to NY or Chicago, but i have had Unos and a brooklyn style pizza tho lol.
no.. NY Pizza is about portability and convenience...you eat it on the go really
Chicago Pizza you eat like a meal with a fork and knife

PS. Unos and Brooklyn Style Pizza From Dominos don't count as representative examples of either style.

I have had several pizza places in Chicago (Lou malnati's, giordano's, Gino's East, anduno's). Give Lou's, Giordano's or Gino's east a shot. Unos is so so

I can't judge on NY pizza because I have never had pizza in NY

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

no.. NY Pizza is about portability and convenience...you eat it on the go really
I agree with this, but that doesn't make it GOOD.

When I was in NYC, I ate pizza on the run several times and all the places I tried were just alright.

Originally Posted by grittyman20

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

I agree with this, but that doesn't make it GOOD.
When I was in NYC, I ate pizza on the run several times and all the places I tried were just alright.
that's the problem with NYC though... too many average pizza joints.
plus.. if you're used to one type of pizza(chicago) then your perception of what is good pizza is already skewed.

it's all about super thin crust....real Italian style.

not a fan of all the doughy cheesy bread like the Chicago style

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

If u can't fold it in half, it ain't pizza....
QFT

Don't get me wrong, I really like Chicago casserole. Excellent usage of the knife and fork.

dunno i love pizza in general i cant pick and choose !!!! when i was out in NY there was some shops where there pizza were just GOAT!!!! ive never been tochicago so really cant judge but that pic that op posted does look
pimp.gif
!!!!

Both are good. I like Chicago when it comes to having a meal, but as a snack or anything else then NY is better.

To me, they are way too different to actually compare to each other. It just depends what you are looking for.

I'm not about to go crazy with any of the X >>>>>>>> Y statements, but I prefer St. Louis style pizza like Imo's.

imos082208.jpg

Originally Posted by joesarge

Chicago Style > DC Jumbo Slice > NY Pizza

That DC slice is the TRUTH when you're drunk after a night out. Perfect late night food.
d6a35aef497c6dadfc7f33c12e9fe8957e8dff7.jpg
you funny son..

Originally Posted by millionuppercuts

Rosa's Pizza...Corato's > All...

That's only in Queens too...
Actually I think you may be drunk because it's dani's pizza as the best in Queens...

And OP those monstrosities you posted look more like salads than pizza's. GTFOHWTS

Those are probably nice for a sit-down with the family...but I rarely sit down with my family to have a pizza...Certain NY pizza spots > Chicago "Whatkind of dressing would you like on you pizza" pizza's

Back
Top Bottom