Chicago the birhtplace of the Jordan

I have a serious problem with the fact that Chicago only has one location listed as a top 23 store for the upcoming release of the 23 blue. As aChicagoan, we are the ones that started the Jordan trend. Yeah, New York had the Air Force 1's and they popularized the sneaker game a bit. But Chicagois responsible for Jordans coming into the spotlight and revolutioning the shoe game. Michael Jordan, the Bulls and Chicago all combined to give birth to theJordan line. I think people need to recognize this and pay their respects to Chicago for playing their part in this whole shoe game. I give the utmostrespect to New York. They too played a big role in the popularization of Jordans, but they weren't the birthplace. It bugs the crap out of me when I lookand see Los Angelos get three stores receiving these limited's. It's a fake*%@% fashion trend for those people. The majority of people don'tunderstand the history of Micheal Jordan and the Chicago Bulls. Chicagoans identify with Jordans more than any other city, I don't care whatanybody says. We deserve more than one flipping store and just to let everyone know I don't plan on buying these limited's. This post is tolet everyone know Chicago is the city that started this whole thing, and deserves more respect from Jordan Brand.

um jordan was born in brooklyn...... well since i dont live in chicago anymore its like w/e...but when the bulls would play at msg it was a big deal i agreethey should have a few more spots in chitown get the 23s but whats done is done.

Jordan was born in New York, and there is no place for Jordans like New York... New York has the MOST people who rock J's... New York is really thebirthplace of sneaker culture... all in all, New York knows wats up

new york and la still have too many stores for themselves
sick.gif

Originally Posted by 23edge

besides Jordan always wanted to play in New York
The Knicks offered him mad money in I think 1996.
Jordan decided to stay with the Bulls for only $35 million though
laugh.gif

^^ obv he would stay in 1996, he had already built his legend in chicago and was near the end of his career.

The thing is I respect New York, I think they deserve as many stores as Chicago. But New York gets 8 stores and Chicago gets 1...thats just not right. Thereason New York deserves respect more than any other city than Chicago is because, Mike was born in Brooklyn, and its the city that started the shoe game. However Chicagoans supported Mike more than any city and made him who he is and what the Jordan shoe game is. For me its New York and Chicago. All othercities follow our lead.

Originally Posted by king jay XI

Jordan was born in New York, and there is no place for Jordans like New York... New York has the MOST people who rock J's... New York is really the birthplace of sneaker culture... all in all, New York knows wats up
HAHAHAHAHA you wish!!!!
You know California has almost 2x more people in it then New york? Take that back to N.Y with you!
Cali is where it's at. 35+ million people son, statistics speak for themselves.
Eastcoast always thinks they started some trend. MJ started the **#@@*&^ trend!
Numbers never lie! Cali makes up most of the U.S.

HAHAHAHAHA you wish!!!!
You know California has almost 2x more people in it then New york? Take that back to N.Y with you!
Cali is where it's at. 35+ million people son, statistics speak for themselves.
Eastcoast always thinks they started some trend. MJ started the **#@@*&^ trend!
Numbers never lie! Cali makes up most of the U.S.

what about the rest of the country????? what is it 1 TX, 1 IL, 5 CA, 1 FL, 10 NY, and where ever else they will be released..... its all based off population,west hicksville in the middle of America simply cant be a top 23 account because it does not have enough people....

more people equals more sales of any product, so it is what it is.....i wish they would have spread the love out a bit, and give everyone a shot at gettingthem, but its the same thing with most releases...NY gets a ton, LA gets a ton, and the rest of us have to hustle to get what we want, but everyone has toadmit that Nike gives some extra love to the NY area all the time, look at the one love concept (its BS that the NE gets shot at some great air ones just cuz afew DJ's told them where to go)..............come to detroit and will show you just how many people buy AF1's, thats why we sell out every AF1 anystore gets, but NIKE dont care cuz its not NY/LA/IL.........

so in short, stop crying !!!!! and welcome to what the rest of the country deals with on a regular basis........

Originally Posted by TrueBeliever23

I have a serious problem with the fact that Chicago only has one location listed as a top 23 store for the upcoming release of the 23 blue. As a Chicagoan, we are the ones that started the Jordan trend. Yeah, New York had the Air Force 1's and they popularized the sneaker game a bit. But Chicago is responsible for Jordans coming into the spotlight and revolutioning the shoe game. Michael Jordan, the Bulls and Chicago all combined to give birth to the Jordan line. I think people need to recognize this and pay their respects to Chicago for playing their part in this whole shoe game. I give the utmost respect to New York. They too played a big role in the popularization of Jordans, but they weren't the birthplace. It bugs the crap out of me when I look and see Los Angelos get three stores receiving these limited's. It's a fake*%@% fashion trend for those people. The majority of people don't understand the history of Micheal Jordan and the Chicago Bulls. Chicagoans identify with Jordans more than any other city, I don't care what anybody says. We deserve more than one flipping store and just to let everyone know I don't plan on buying these limited's. This post is to let everyone know Chicago is the city that started this whole thing, and deserves more respect from Jordan Brand.

WAt dAt MaN SAiD 100%-CHI-TOWN Da BiRTh PLaCE!!!!!
pimp.gif

OMFG just face it NYC rules i mean when you got a store that recently just open recieving the limited XX3's { House Of Hoops} you know that your city isthe s#!+ period.
laugh.gif

I'm cool with New York getting that many stores. I'm not cool with Chicago getting one store. And like I said before, I'm not copping these shoes.The point is no city has as much love for Michael Jordan and his shoes than CHICAGO. Thats a fact my friends. You guys can all appreciate the fashion andrespect the man for his game. But unless you lived in this city and watched/went to games, you will never understand what Jordan means to a Chicagoan. THEJORDAN SHOE was conceived within Chicago culture.

here i was thinking the dope boys in the hood were the ones responsible for turning me on to Jordans, boy was i off. thanks for clearing that up for me.

Originally Posted by girbaud2345

Originally Posted by The Technodrome

China/ Taiwan makes the joints, so they rule all imo
Yea, for fakes!
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

ahh good old girbaud with another stupid comment

look at the inside tag of any of your authentic jordans (if you have any) and you'll see that theyre made in asia

on another note, didnt they calculate the top 23 stores based on sales? if NYC has the most sales, then they deserve to have the most stores carrying em ifthis is the case

umm...I guess you didnt see the OTHER store they added to the list? Its in Chicago man. I agree with you 100%, because I live here. BUT, at the same time, NewYork and Cali have like 345879745892745098750698356 more people and stores then us so its only right that they get more spots.

Well Jordan helped out Miami when hurricane Andrew hit. Sooo.... They should drop the limited 23's here too

Back
Top Bottom