Chicago the birhtplace of the Jordan

This whole discussion is so stupid.

1. Jordan didn't love playing in NY because he was born in Brooklyn. He moved to North Carolina LONG before any of his first memories were formed. Hedidn't even reach his first birthday there. He loved it because it is the biggest city in the country with one of the biggest media markets, a greatstadium and crowd with celebrities he could disappoint, and a team that always defended and competed hard against him and drove him to superlativeperformances.

2. The top 23 stores where chosen because those are the ones that order and sell the most Jordans. If Chicago is so in love with Air Jordans then they shouldhave high sales. The shoes are going to where the most fanatical fans are - i.e. the ones that buy the most.

3. In what way is Chicago the birthplace of Jordans? They are designed in Oregon and even from the first ones they were a commercial success across the nation.It's not like they were designed and made in Chicago, or only available in Chicago, or only really popular in Chicago at first. You can argue that NYC wasvery important to the Air Force 1 but the city of Chicago was neither the birthplace nor important to the popularity of the Air Jordan line. NIKE was thebirthplace of the Jordan and JORDAN himself through his play, and the designers through their excellent work, made the shoes popular. Oh and a guy named SpikeLee who made some cool ads and was from NEW YORK.

4. This whole discussion is based in greed. Why don't you all sit down for a second and consider this fact: If there was a limit of ONE STORE per stateMORE THAN HALF THE STATES OF AMERICA WOULD STILL NOT GET ANY. And since New York and California and Illinois have multiple stores there are far more than halfthe states of the USA where you can't get ANY. Never mind international fans where none come to their whole country or even whole CONTINENT. What's upAfrican and Australian fans?

The fact is when there are 529 shoes for fans of one of the most popular athletes in the history of a country with over 300 MILLION people there are going tobe a LOT of disappointed people. The decision to give them to the stores that sell the most already was really the fairest thing to do. Forget birth places andhistorical importance. The fact is the ones that support the makers the most got the most love and that's how it should be.

Originally Posted by SoHi 23

Originally Posted by 23edge

besides Jordan always wanted to play in New York
The Knicks offered him mad money in I think 1996.
Jordan decided to stay with the Bulls for only $35 million though
laugh.gif

I think they also offered him a chance to play in New York in 1999 after he left the Bulls

Man I agree with threadstarter, I'm from the Chi and I remember when the plaza would be bonkers on release days. The line gained its popularity here, itsno way the Chi should get just 1 store. the colors made those shoes as much as Tinker did. Mikes woulda sold cause MJ wore them but those colorsreally set itoff.

Originally Posted by TrueBeliever23

indohan wrote:

The thing is: BRAND JORDAN selected the stores based on the income they made for Jordan shoes from all over the stores in US.

It's all about the money... THE MONEY, DUDE. MONEY TALKS HERE. GOSH...

And thats my point it shouldn't be all about the money. It should be about respect for Chicagoans who have been with him since day 1.

See the problem is people like you see Jordan Brand as purely a money making operation. It started out as more than that, and my whole point is that people outside of Chicago will never be able to see this. I'm sorry dude, but for some reason you can't understand my perspective and unfortunately I don't think you ever will. You obviously are not from Chicago. You are in this basically because its a trend. I'm in it for stronger reasons. Thats that I guess.

This might come across as self-rightous, but thats just how I feel. Chicago witnessed the birth of Jordan coming into prominence and therefore have a special hold on the meaning of the air jordan shoe, <this will never change.

Do you really in your heart believe that Jordan brand did not get started based on the fact they wanted to make money????? THEY MADE SHOES< AND WANTEDTO SELL THEM

Back
Top Bottom