Childs Play Remake

idk if this has been posted already.. just a heads up for those who are into horror icons

This afternoon Bloody Disgusting reporter BC chatted with CHILD'S PLAY creator Don Mancini who talked a bit on why he's remaking the film and not continuing with a sixth film.

"Well because the main thing is that we want to make it scary again, rather than comedic," Don Mancini tells Bloody-Disgusting. "And I think that was really the response to SEED, the fans sort of told us that they want it to be scary again. I think if we did a direct sequel to SEED OF CHUCKY, which is a horror comedy, it would be a little tougher to continue the aspects of that story which so inherently absurd."

Don Mancini tells us that what it all comes down to is making the franchise scary again, and remaking it is the best way to go.

"That the bottom line, our main mission was to make it scary again and the best way to do that would be to reboot it."

One of the main questions we have all been wondering is how much of the original will be in the remake. Mancini explains that even Chucky will get a slight reboot...

"...And it's a remake, but there are a lot of new things in it" he explains. "None of the details of the murders in the first movie will be repeated. All of the setpieces are going to be completely brand new, and we're going to do a slight re-design on Chucky himself, although Brad Dourif will absolutely be the voice of Chucky, and will once again play Charles Lee Ray in the flesh. And we're giving him more to do than he did in the original movie."

http://fangoria.com/forums/index.php?topic=231.0

if this does happen i hope they do right by it. Im glad they are actually reboot this series

pimp.gif

After bride of chucky I lost hope,,,the one wit the son was the worst one
indifferent.gif

lol, theres no humanly way this will be scary sorry, we're all adults now.

I agree with the both of u. seeing that movie when it first came out and i was about 7 years old terrified me more then freddy, jason, micheal myers or pumpkinhead..i think this is what horror needs. the slasher films are horrible now.. i havent seen a worthy horror icon since candy man. chucky scared us craplesswhen we were younger ...i wonder what effect it would have on the younger generations now. Regardless I will see the remake but only for nostalgic reasons.

Originally Posted by Sun Of Knowledge

lol, theres no humanly way this will be scary sorry, we're all adults now.

I agree with the both of u. seeing that movie when it first came out and i was about 7 years old terrified me more then freddy, jason, micheal myers or pumpkin head..i think this is what horror needs. the slasher films are horrible now.. i havent seen a worthy horror icon since candy man. chucky scared us crapless when we were younger ...i wonder what effect it would have on the younger generations now.
See thing is when these movies OG dropped they weren't scaring the people our age of that time, they were just Fun movies. So being that wewere young I feel thats the main reason we say "man they dont make scary movies like they use to"
I mean honestly if you're a grown man and get scared from a movie, your pathetic. There are 3 things a horror movie can do to an adult, Be super gory thatit leaves you sick, Be a GREAT movie that just has explicit murders, or be comedy.

I just don't like the idea of a reboot using the same characters/actors from the OG. It doesn't really make it a reboot that way IMO.

Childs Play 1 had me shook when i first seen it! i was like 4 when it came out on video....and i never was cool with human figured dolls after that
laugh.gif

except for my Urkel doll...i knew he would never turn on me!!!
roll.gif

Childs Play 2 & 3 were cool though, but 1 is the best and the scariest!!!

i would like to see a remake and take my lil ex-son (ex girl son..lol) to go see it and see if he gets the same reaction as i did when i was his age!!!

See thing is when these movies OG dropped they weren't scaring the people our age of that time, they were just Fun movies. So being that we were young I feel thats the main reason we say "man they dont make scary movies like they use to"
I mean honestly if you're a grown man and get scared from a movie, your pathetic. There are 3 things a horror movie can do to an adult, Be super gory that it leaves you sick, Be a GREAT movie that just has explicit murders, or be comedy.

I agree with u they dont make scary movies like they use to. Like i said i was born in 81 and I saw this movie when i was about 6 or 7 and scared the hell outof me.During the 80s there were alot of good horror films. Of course now childs play wouldnt have the same effect on me as it did when i was youngster. Being ahuge horror fan I think this is what the franchise needs as long as they do right by it..We shall see!

TURRIBLE!! When will they stop preying on peoples nostalgia?!!? Better yet, when will people stop supporting this mess?

i remember my cousin had this doll

mybudfl.jpg

my aunt scared the *$#% outta of us one night, she put a big knife in his hands and was walking him in the dark in my cousins room, my cuz freaked out
laugh.gif

i played it cool but can't front i was shook
laugh.gif

This wasn't scary then & it sure as hell won't be scary now. I mean seriously, a 2-foot doll that kills grown @^^ adults
smh.gif
indifferent.gif

I liked Bride of Chucky.

It was pretty funny and the death scenes were creative.

Plus it had Katherine Hiegel when she was really thick.

It seems like remakes have been getting made for movies that didnt even come out that long ago.

or maybe im just getting old.

The first two movies were actually well made. I still haven't seen the new Friday movie.

Originally Posted by yep617

It seems like remakes have been getting made for movies that didnt even come out that long ago.

or maybe im just getting old.
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
embarassed.gif
embarassed.gif
embarassed.gif
embarassed.gif

Back
Top Bottom