Chris Bosh says that he wont sign an extension with the Raptors...

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

and get the %@%@ out of here with any big name FA signing with horse @%!+ memphis
indifferent.gif

Money talks.
Does Rubio even want to play for Memphis? Who's going to pay for the $8 million buyout? Memphis needs to stop giving away players...

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

I don't even see why this is a thread.

Is Lebron signing with Cleveland this summer? Is Wade singing with the Heat?
The difference is there is a good chance that LeBron resigns with the Cavs and there is little doubt that Wade will leave the Heat in 2010. Even if LeBron/Wade do not plan on resigning with their clubs this summer, there is a 0.00000001 chance that they get traded within the next year. Bosh on the other hand has effectively put himself on the trade block as everyone expects him to bolt the Raptors next summer. He's forced Colangelo's hand and a Bosh trade is imminent.

I dont think that trading Bosh will be as easy as it seems for the Raptors. A lot of the teams interested in Bosh will not be looking to give up a lot of talent for a one-year rental. The team that acquires Bosh will pretty much demand that he signs a long term extension. The problem is that Bosh wants to play on a winner and most teams in a position to contend next season will be unwilling to trade much for Bosh...it's basically teams like the Clippers, Grizzlies and Thunder who have the most to offer the Raptors however there's no way in he.ll Bosh wants to join a rebuilding club.
The thing if nothing presents itself this summer we could always wait till the trade deadline or let the contract expire.

All I know if anybody wants Chris Bosh I hope they want Jason Kapono and Marcus Banks too.
laugh.gif
Waiting until the trade deadline will poseeven bigger problems.

First, the Bosh trade rumors will be a huge distraction to the team.

Secondly, as I said earlier, the teams that Bosh wants to go to (contenders) will have the least to offer the Raptors, especially at the trade deadline. A teamthat feels like they're 1 player away from contending will see little reason to trade away some key assets for a rental player. Also, their 1st round pickswill be useless to us since they'll be in the 25-30 range of future drafts.

The best time to trade Bosh is now leading up to this month's draft. Colangelo better act quick if he wants to maximize his returns.

I do agree with you about packaging bad contracts with Bosh.

Originally Posted by DMan14

shareef abdur raheem 2.0

wouldnt want him as a number one guy and face of franchise. but would be a great number two.
kinda how pau was...speaking of pau...we can trade bosh for bynum!

I don't even see why this is a thread.

Is Lebron signing with Cleveland this summer? Is Wade singing with the Heat?
The difference is there is a good chance that LeBron resigns with the Cavs and there is little doubt that Wade will leave the Heat in 2010. Even if LeBron/Wade do not plan on resigning with their clubs this summer, there is a 0.00000001 chance that they get traded within the next year. Bosh on the other hand has effectively put himself on the trade block as everyone expects him to bolt the Raptors next summer. He's forced Colangelo's hand and a Bosh trade is imminent.

I dont think that trading Bosh will be as easy as it seems for the Raptors. A lot of the teams interested in Bosh will not be looking to give up a lot of talent for a one-year rental. The team that acquires Bosh will pretty much demand that he signs a long term extension. The problem is that Bosh wants to play on a winner and most teams in a position to contend next season will be unwilling to trade much for Bosh...it's basically teams like the Clippers, Grizzlies and Thunder who have the most to offer the Raptors however there's no way in he.ll Bosh wants to join a rebuilding club.
The thing if nothing presents itself this summer we could always wait till the trade deadline or let the contract expire.

All I know if anybody wants Chris Bosh I hope they want Jason Kapono and Marcus Banks too.
laugh.gif
Waiting until the trade deadline will poseeven bigger problems.

First, the Bosh trade rumors will be a huge distraction to the team.

Secondly, as I said earlier, the teams that Bosh wants to go to (contenders) will have the least to offer the Raptors, especially at the trade deadline. A team that feels like they're 1 player away from contending will see little reason to trade away some key assets for a rental player. Also, their 1st round picks will be useless to us since they'll be in the 25-30 range of future drafts.

The best time to trade Bosh is now leading up to this month's draft. Colangelo better act quick if he wants to maximize his returns.

I do agree with you about packaging bad contracts with Bosh.
Im good with what ever trade as long as we don't take back any stupid contracts.

and get the %@%@ out of here with any big name FA signing with horse @%!+ memphis
indifferent.gif

Money talks.

and there will be better teams with the same amount of money. why the hell would bosh leave the Raptors for memphis? he has a better shot at winning with theraps then memphis

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

indifferent.gif

Money talks.

and there will be better teams with the same amount of money. why the hell would bosh leave the Raptors for memphis? he has a better shot at winning with the raps then memphis

There won't be better teams with more money if Memphis holds on to their capspace this off-season along with the expirings they will have coming off thebooks. How exactly do you know those teams will be better than Memphis once the 2010 off-season rolls around? With the way the Knicks are looking, theydefinitely won't be better they just have the city to offer, but Memphis will have more capspace unless NY will try to throw all their money at Bosh whichis unlikely. Chicago won't have the money if they re-sign Ben Gordon. Detroit may be in the bidding, but with the way they were looking this year itsunlikely they will look that much better than Memphis with their players continuing to age.

I'm not even saying that Bosh is coming or wants to come, it was just a scenario anyway. I'm just tired of the same ol' excuses of "no FAwould come to Memphis" crap. I wish he would turn down a huge max deal worth 110-120+ mil. It's a risk giving a player that much money, but I thinkit'll be worth it.

Memphis could even offer them the no.2 pick, unprotected 1st next year, Arthur, Darko's expiring for Bosh, Banks and Kapono's contract. That's arisk as well to see whether or not Memphis can compete in the West with a lineup of Conley, OJ, Gay, Bosh and Gasol. It's feasible, but they would have toadd depth to the bench obviously. I believe Toronto would accept it if they're trying to rebuild and wouldn't want to lose Bosh for nothing.There's a chance at that next year pick being a lottery pick, then they can throw away two bad salaries onto the other team. Memphis would just have tohope its not a 1-year rental and can convince Bosh that a core of Conley, OJ, Rudy and Gasol can be good in another year or two.

Does Rubio even want to play for Memphis? Who's going to pay for the $8 million buyout? Memphis needs to stop giving away players...
And yes it was mentioned in the other pre-draft thread that he's willing to work out for Memphis, OKC and Sacramento. The buyout thing has todeal with where he will be picked at, not what team picks him as long as he is a top 3 pick. If he falls out the top 3, there's a more likely chance of himstaying.

feel bad for bosh. takes alot of heart to stay with a losing team for that long, and i guess he couldnt take it no more.
the most you're going to get out of him is draft picks, and bad contracts. everyone knows that bosh wont be resigning, and no GM (besides kerr+zeke and abunch of others) would be stupid enough to give talent for bosh unless they know for sure bosh is resigning.
i cant wait till the draft date, A LOT of things are going to go down....

Say Boston wants bosh, and the raps want a future first rounder, one thats as far into the future as possible. what year pick can boston trade to them?

Originally Posted by YoungTriz

come on heat.... spend that money and get wade some more help
Beasley.
nerd.gif
beasley is working on the 3 spot... riley said our core team is... wade, chalmers, beasley, cook... haslem?

i respect it cuz at least he isnt bs'ing the organization and the fans by lying. i hate when players act like theyre gonna stay, and as soon as they canbecome free agents, they go sign with another team.

Wade, Bosh, and Bron need to go to NY in 2010. JUST DO IT! It'd be horrible for the fans of all 3 current cities (and the rest of the NBA) but who gives adamn! That'd be ridiculous. They'd 10-peat!

Originally Posted by BangDak

feel bad for bosh. takes alot of heart to stay with a losing team for that long, and i guess he couldnt take it no more.
the most you're going to get out of him is draft picks, and bad contracts. everyone knows that bosh wont be resigning, and no GM (besides kerr+zeke and a bunch of others) would be stupid enough to give talent for bosh unless they know for sure bosh is resigning.
i cant wait till the draft date, A LOT of things are going to go down....

do you even watch ball? the raps were in the playoffs two years in a row before this year....a losing team for that long?

how far did they get into the playoffs?
what has bosh accomplished, or shall i say,what has the management accomplished to help relief the load on bosh's back?

whos getting far in the playoffs out side of san antonio, l.a, cleveland and boston...and i guess you could add orlando.......

the raps were young and won the atlantic division on Bosh's back. he has a top 5 point guard (Calderon) and managment brought in J.O last summer to reliefhis load. but when JO went down the league's biggest secret lessened the load (Andrea Bargnani).

they aren't deep at all but the draft and some trades could fix that. and by all means, the only reason the raps didn't make the playoffs is becausecalderon wasn't healthy. when they picked up matrix and calderon was healthy they were beasting at the end of the year.

bosh thinks the grass is gonna be greener on the other side but its gonna be the same for that guy unless he's on a stacked team. imo if you replace timduncan with chris bosh the spurs would win a chip. but that's the thing...not a lot of teams are as well constructed and deep as the spurs. he'll justrun into another toronto situation. by your logic though...96% of the teams in the nba are losing teams.

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

indifferent.gif

Money talks.

and there will be better teams with the same amount of money. why the hell would bosh leave the Raptors for memphis? he has a better shot at winning with the raps then memphis

There won't be better teams with more money if Memphis holds on to their capspace this off-season along with the expirings they will have coming off the books. How exactly do you know those teams will be better than Memphis once the 2010 off-season rolls around? With the way the Knicks are looking, they definitely won't be better they just have the city to offer, but Memphis will have more capspace unless NY will try to throw all their money at Bosh which is unlikely. Chicago won't have the money if they re-sign Ben Gordon. Detroit may be in the bidding, but with the way they were looking this year its unlikely they will look that much better than Memphis with their players continuing to age.

I'm not even saying that Bosh is coming or wants to come, it was just a scenario anyway. I'm just tired of the same ol' excuses of "no FA would come to Memphis" crap. I wish he would turn down a huge max deal worth 110-120+ mil. It's a risk giving a player that much money, but I think it'll be worth it.

Memphis could even offer them the no.2 pick, unprotected 1st next year, Arthur, Darko's expiring for Bosh, Banks and Kapono's contract. That's a risk as well to see whether or not Memphis can compete in the West with a lineup of Conley, OJ, Gay, Bosh and Gasol. It's feasible, but they would have to add depth to the bench obviously. I believe Toronto would accept it if they're trying to rebuild and wouldn't want to lose Bosh for nothing. There's a chance at that next year pick being a lottery pick, then they can throw away two bad salaries onto the other team. Memphis would just have to hope its not a 1-year rental and can convince Bosh that a core of Conley, OJ, Rudy and Gasol can be good in another year or two.

And yes it was mentioned in the other pre-draft thread that he's willing to work out for Memphis, OKC and Sacramento. The buyout thing has to deal with where he will be picked at, not what team picks him as long as he is a top 3 pick. If he falls out the top 3, there's a more likely chance of him staying.

Ok, I want the Kings to draft Rubio so that is the reason why I am even in this topic. Haha. While I don't personally know what Rubio wants toachieve in the NBA, but if he wants to be the #1 player on the team, he should go to the Kings. At least he won't be traded away a year later when Memphisdrafts another PG... Memphis can always sign Jason Williams back. Nah, really though, the Kings will be on a life support financially without Rubio.

Back
Top Bottom