Chris Broussard actually making sense, who knew he had it in him?

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

Dan Gilbert lost $100,000,000. I would be irate if I lost $100.

He had every right in what he did. Period.
It was $100,000.*

Second, yeah he had the right to, but that doesn't make it right. People have already mentioned it but owners & GM's constantly tell their players "you're safe, we're not shopping you, you're not going to get traded." and go ahead and trade them anyway without any sort of note.

A ton of athletes find out their traded via text messages, friends and ESPN tickers.

LeBron had every right to do what he did, too. That doesn't make him right either.

The funny thing is, this happens more to athletes than owners and the players never lash out like Gilbert did. You'd think the owner understands that it's a business. *shrugs*

Originally Posted by RetroBaller

hes made sense the whole free angency period.
No he hasn't. He's been one of the worst "insiders" ESPN had.

If you lost as much money as he is projected to lose, you'd be irate too. He did everything to satisfy LeBron while he owned the team. This was the man who made the franchise that he bought worth something. Most owners in the NBA wouldn't even consider doing that and the man couldn't even get a phone call or a face to face. What happened in Cleveland won't fly in Miami with Riley running things. Broutard is wrong once again. It has nothing to do with acting your age. It was a reaction to losing more than 50% of an investment. I've watched people on Wall Street cry when they lose 10 Gs in a day and destroy their office when they manage to lose 100k in a few minutes, if you lost as much as Dan Gilbert stands to lose after the 2010-11 season you would have written a letter like that as well. Could he have handled it better? Most definitely. He just let his emotions get the best of him and prevented the city of Cleveland from getting nationwide sympathy.

Originally Posted by RetroBaller

If you lost as much money as he is projected to lose, you'd be irate too. He did everything to satisfy LeBron while he owned the team. This was the man who made the franchise that he bought worth something. Most owners in the NBA wouldn't even consider doing that and the man couldn't even get a phone call or a face to face. What happened in Cleveland won't fly in Miami with Riley running things. Broutard is wrong once again. It has nothing to do with acting your age. It was a reaction to losing more than 50% of an investment. I've watched people on Wall Street cry when they lose 10 Gs in a day and destroy their office when they manage to lose 100k in a few minutes, if you lost as much as Dan Gilbert stands to lose after the 2010-11 season you would have written a letter like that as well. Could he have handled it better? Most definitely. He just let his emotions get the best of him and prevented the city of Cleveland from getting nationwide sympathy.

gilbert was immature for his actions. wow. such wisdom and insight. nobody could have figure that one out.

this article really impresses you?

gilbert was immature for his actions. wow. such wisdom and insight. nobody could have figure that one out.

this article really impresses you?

viiheaven wrote:

It was $100,000.*

Second, yeah he had the right to, but that doesn't make it right. People have already mentioned it but owners & GM's constantly tell their players "you're safe, we're not shopping you, you're not going to get traded." and go ahead and trade them anyway without any sort of note.

A ton of athletes find out their traded via text messages, friends and ESPN tickers.

LeBron had every right to do what he did, too. That doesn't make him right either.

The funny thing is, this happens more to athletes than owners and the players never lash out like Gilbert did. You'd think the owner understands that it's a business. *shrugs*

Loss of Lebron: $100,000,000
Fine by David Stern: $100,000.
                Total: $100,100,000.

And what Dan Gilbert said was what every fan in Cleveland felt. I respect Dan Gilbert's comments as a fan of the Cavaliers. He took it a little too far by promising a championship before Lebron gets one but he made me feel like this wasn't the end of an organization, coming from the owner himself, it felt right.

There were fans who even asked if they could donate to help pay for the $100,000 fine, thats's how much what he said meant to us. Regardless of the media, NBA players, outside world - what Dan Gilbert said in that letter is exactly how I felt about the situation, bottom line. And as a fan of the Cleveland Cavaliers, that's all that matters.

viiheaven wrote:

It was $100,000.*

And what Dan Gilbert said was what every fan in Cleveland felt. I respect Dan Gilbert's comments as a fan of the Cavaliers. He took it a little too far by promising a championship before Lebron gets one but he made me feel like this wasn't the end of an organization, coming from the owner himself, it felt right.

There were fans who even asked if they could donate to help pay for the $100,000 fine, thats's how much what he said meant to us. Regardless of the media, NBA players, outside world - what Dan Gilbert said in that letter is exactly how I felt about the situation, bottom line. And as a fan of the Cleveland Cavaliers, that's all that matters.

viiheaven wrote:

It was $100,000.*

I absolutely understand what you mean but it's not LeBron's fault he was the heart/cash-cow of that city. He still has dreams and aspirations of his own, it's just at the cost of crippling the economic situation and spirit of a city.

I understand how Gilbert felt but play devil's advocate, GM's & owners have been just as heartless to players as LeBron was to the Cavs organization/city.

Again, it's a business.
"If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all."
That simple.

viiheaven wrote:

It was $100,000.*

I absolutely understand what you mean but it's not LeBron's fault he was the heart/cash-cow of that city. He still has dreams and aspirations of his own, it's just at the cost of crippling the economic situation and spirit of a city.

I understand how Gilbert felt but play devil's advocate, GM's & owners have been just as heartless to players as LeBron was to the Cavs organization/city.

Again, it's a business.
"If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all."
That simple.

ElijahBrohammed wrote:
RetroBaller wrote:

If you lost as much money as he is projected to lose, you'd be irate too. He did everything to satisfy LeBron while he owned the team. This was the man who made the franchise that he bought worth something. Most owners in the NBA wouldn't even consider doing that and the man couldn't even get a phone call or a face to face. What happened in Cleveland won't fly in Miami with Riley running things. Broutard is wrong once again. It has nothing to do with acting your age. It was a reaction to losing more than 50% of an investment. I've watched people on Wall Street cry when they lose 10 Gs in a day and destroy their office when they manage to lose 100k in a few minutes, if you lost as much as Dan Gilbert stands to lose after the 2010-11 season you would have written a letter like that as well.

He has a right to be mad sure, at himself. He is the reason he is in this predicament in the first place. His only goal was to make money offa lebron and thats all. Had he made smart moves, good trades, saavy business decisions. He would have built a team in which lebron would have won with thus he would have stayed.

As far as satisfying lebron all teams do this to star players. But the difference is they also do whats in the best interest of the team in hopes to build a championship team. You dont think the lakers show/gave pref to kobe/shaq? You dont think the bulls gave special treatment to jordan? Sure they did but that didnt deter them from making a championship team.

As far as miami and what they do. Im pretty sure their main focal point wont be appeasing dwade,bosh, and bron. It will be building a dynasty. I get/understand at him being upset that his main stud/ his cash cow has left and he will be reduced to just a multi-millionaire (boo hoo) But that letter is very immature and childiesh. If you feel someone has done somethin distastefull/classless, you dont scold them and rebut what they do by stooping to that level. How can you say what someone did is unprofessional and then turn around and do the same thing? Thats def being hypocritical.

I also find how it is ok for owners well employers in general can fire players/employees w/o a notice at a drop of a dime, but if a player leaves/employee quits w/o notice it is distasteful. Seems like a situation where a person can dish it, but cant take it. That is a lesson ppl learn as a child, the golden rule do unto others as you would like them to do under you.

And if he is the great team owner, he proclaims to be he can develop another winning team and everything is back to the glory days. I think he knows he isnt a good owner, he has no chance in developing a profitable/championship team, and his sole reason of success/fate lied in lebron. No owner of a business wants to be at the mercy of an employee.

Plenty of businesses go bad/under take hits. But great business owners can rebuild and restore again. Look at teams like the lakers, the yankees. They lose star players all the time. They dont cry moan and +$+!@ they go back to the drawing board and reastablish the team and they get back to the top.

Instead of worrying and wasting time on lebron. He should be working on how he can make this team profitable. Belly aching and whinning about what he has lost isnt gonna increase sales or make the team champions.

like the article said.....GILBERT let lebron have all those perks....danny ferry didnt agree w/ it but of course GILBERT aka the owner allowed it.......

so now he's bitter lebron left.....
laugh.gif
!%$#$ please.....this $$%# made me a fan of lebron....its all love when he's making millions off a man but all of a sudden he spews hatred when he's not making millions...

like the article said.....GILBERT let lebron have all those perks....danny ferry didnt agree w/ it but of course GILBERT aka the owner allowed it.......

so now he's bitter lebron left.....
laugh.gif
!%$#$ please.....this $$%# made me a fan of lebron....its all love when he's making millions off a man but all of a sudden he spews hatred when he's not making millions...

ElijahBrohammed wrote:
RetroBaller wrote:

If you lost as much money as he is projected to lose, you'd be irate too. He did everything to satisfy LeBron while he owned the team. This was the man who made the franchise that he bought worth something. Most owners in the NBA wouldn't even consider doing that and the man couldn't even get a phone call or a face to face. What happened in Cleveland won't fly in Miami with Riley running things. Broutard is wrong once again. It has nothing to do with acting your age. It was a reaction to losing more than 50% of an investment. I've watched people on Wall Street cry when they lose 10 Gs in a day and destroy their office when they manage to lose 100k in a few minutes, if you lost as much as Dan Gilbert stands to lose after the 2010-11 season you would have written a letter like that as well.

He has a right to be mad sure, at himself. He is the reason he is in this predicament in the first place. His only goal was to make money offa lebron and thats all. Had he made smart moves, good trades, saavy business decisions. He would have built a team in which lebron would have won with thus he would have stayed.

As far as satisfying lebron all teams do this to star players. But the difference is they also do whats in the best interest of the team in hopes to build a championship team. You dont think the lakers show/gave pref to kobe/shaq? You dont think the bulls gave special treatment to jordan? Sure they did but that didnt deter them from making a championship team.

As far as miami and what they do. Im pretty sure their main focal point wont be appeasing dwade,bosh, and bron. It will be building a dynasty. I get/understand at him being upset that his main stud/ his cash cow has left and he will be reduced to just a multi-millionaire (boo hoo) But that letter is very immature and childiesh. If you feel someone has done somethin distastefull/classless, you dont scold them and rebut what they do by stooping to that level. How can you say what someone did is unprofessional and then turn around and do the same thing? Thats def being hypocritical.

I also find how it is ok for owners well employers in general can fire players/employees w/o a notice at a drop of a dime, but if a player leaves/employee quits w/o notice it is distasteful. Seems like a situation where a person can dish it, but cant take it. That is a lesson ppl learn as a child, the golden rule do unto others as you would like them to do under you.

And if he is the great team owner, he proclaims to be he can develop another winning team and everything is back to the glory days. I think he knows he isnt a good owner, he has no chance in developing a profitable/championship team, and his sole reason of success/fate lied in lebron. No owner of a business wants to be at the mercy of an employee.

Plenty of businesses go bad/under take hits. But great business owners can rebuild and restore again. Look at teams like the lakers, the yankees. They lose star players all the time. They dont cry moan and +$+!@ they go back to the drawing board and reastablish the team and they get back to the top.

Instead of worrying and wasting time on lebron. He should be working on how he can make this team profitable. Belly aching and whinning about what he has lost isnt gonna increase sales or make the team champions.

Gilbert's letter was such an embarassment, I don't even see how people are defending him. It's littered with double standards, the common denominator of all of them being, "as long as you're making me money and I can benefit from it, it's okay."

The same actions he claims make LeBron a traitor (leaving your hometown) are what he wanted Izzo to do to come coach.

He mentions the word loyalty despite firing Mike Brown a few weeks after assuring he wouldn't, fired Danny Ferry,
If LeBron would have come back, everything would be OK, but since he didn't all of a sudden everybody has a laundry list of problems.

You say he got perks, yet you don't chastise yourself for giving them to him and becoming the enabler, putting money before your own sense of morals of ethics. And even furthermore, whatever you paid for those perks you more than made back off of him anyways.

And the Cavs winning a title before the Heat, seriously?!

Gilbert's letter was such an embarassment, I don't even see how people are defending him. It's littered with double standards, the common denominator of all of them being, "as long as you're making me money and I can benefit from it, it's okay."

The same actions he claims make LeBron a traitor (leaving your hometown) are what he wanted Izzo to do to come coach.

He mentions the word loyalty despite firing Mike Brown a few weeks after assuring he wouldn't, fired Danny Ferry,
If LeBron would have come back, everything would be OK, but since he didn't all of a sudden everybody has a laundry list of problems.

You say he got perks, yet you don't chastise yourself for giving them to him and becoming the enabler, putting money before your own sense of morals of ethics. And even furthermore, whatever you paid for those perks you more than made back off of him anyways.

And the Cavs winning a title before the Heat, seriously?!

It's actually pretty messed up for an owner to see his ticket sale going to take a sky dive from now on and his team go back to being irrelevant for the next decade. I think he has every right to be mad and express his anger. ESPN is wack. I mean they're the one who gave Lebron an hour special bs

It's actually pretty messed up for an owner to see his ticket sale going to take a sky dive from now on and his team go back to being irrelevant for the next decade. I think he has every right to be mad and express his anger. ESPN is wack. I mean they're the one who gave Lebron an hour special bs

Gilbert has had 3 legit seasons to help deliver LeBron a title.
LeBron can only do so much as an individual.

ask Kobe who carried them in the OKC series of the playoffs. Gasol
ask Kobe who carried them in Game 7 of the Finals. Artest

the point is LeBron never really had anyone else to rely on but himself.

Gilbert has had 3 legit seasons to help deliver LeBron a title.
LeBron can only do so much as an individual.

ask Kobe who carried them in the OKC series of the playoffs. Gasol
ask Kobe who carried them in Game 7 of the Finals. Artest

the point is LeBron never really had anyone else to rely on but himself.

"In the heat of the moment".......
I see what you did there Broussard.
His thoughts are pretty much the same as mine when it comes to this.

"In the heat of the moment".......
I see what you did there Broussard.
His thoughts are pretty much the same as mine when it comes to this.

Back
Top Bottom