Chronicle (Opening 2/3/12) Anyone watching?

It was a cool movie.

Andrew's journey was $!@$## up. I'm guessing he was so good at using the power because he was so emotional along with his creativity and he used it more with the camera. Was still just wishing dude would stop being a lame after the talent show. Why be embarrassed about what happened at the party? The girl should be the one embarrassed
laugh.gif
Dude also should've handled his pops early and the problem with his mom should've been addressed earlier as far as caring for her via his powers.

After that though he took it too far with that predator nonsense. I liked the deeper themes setting things up in the background like that question being raised by Andrew about them being more/better than humans so killing them shouldn't be a big deal and then Matt with his whole pseudo-philosophical personality at the start.

Steve
30t6p3b.gif

Spoiler [+]
Great movie. Too salty about my man Stephen getting offed early
ohwell.gif
. I think he would've eventually been the strongest. Think about it, he moved the car first and he was the first to fly. His powers were growing at an alarming rate. I can't believe he got bodied like that. And I wish dudes pops would've got murked too. I literally have no complaints about this movie. Hopefully there's a sequel.

illmaticsoulchild wrote:
Another quick thing, even though it really doesn't matter too much, the length of the film was perfect. Definitely left you wanting more, but ended when it was suppose to.

Highly recommended to comic geeks and non-comic geeks alike.

I thought this too, the length of the movie was absolutely perfect, nothing seemed hurried and everything was well paced.
To give a description of this movie think of  it  like the movie Jumper when he was first discovering his power but the kid never grew up. 

Also did Andrew look like a younger Leonardo DiCaprio to anyone else? 

Originally Posted by illmaticsoulchild

eek.gif
 @ Andrew in full Tetsuo-mode in the end.
The film was great and a refreshing take on superheroes (given how watered down the genre has become).

The best attribute to a found-footage-film is the fact that it directly pulls you into the action. Loved the interaction between the 3 teens and was pleased that they didn't go overboard with their conversations with each other.

The most annoying thing in the film was the female blogger. She was completely unnecessary, and it's not like her footage was even vital to the story.

One element I was very impressed with, is how you were really pulling against the villain. No matter how empathetic you were towards him, there's still Uncle Ben whispering in your ear, "with great power, comes great responsibility."

Another quick thing, even though it really doesn't matter too much, the length of the film was perfect. Definitely left you wanting more, but ended when it was suppose to.

Highly recommended to comic geeks and non-comic geeks alike.

Originally Posted by natelav129

Man %*++ this movie.....

not even joking, I've been in the process of writing somewhat of a novel about this very same concept, yet with more emphasis on the psychological aspects of actually having a super power....inspiration in now out the window
ohwell.gif

people rap about the same thing, have same flows, writers write about the same thing same stories, movies use the same effects. . .its all about who does it better. I saw the movie last night it was good, but if you think that you can make something better please do it I'd like to see what other ideas people have!

Totally didn't think about the parallels between this and Akira but after reading a bunch of responses it's spot on. I thought it was outstanding, by far one of the better movies I've seen this year. Teeeeeeeeeetsuuuuuuuo!

saw it on opening night. Such a good movie, wish it was half an hour or so longer with more development of steve and matt. And, as usual the black guy dies first. There was virtually no development of Steve, as he was alive for only about a fifth of the movie. Andrew was a #$%#@ for almost the whole movie. My theory is that the big stone thing in the ground took control of his emotions and actions. Still, I loved the movie.

I really was waiting for some Steve character development as well
frown.gif
He would have been the strongest one.
30t6p3b.gif

I really liked the black dude in this movie, was pissed when he died. The interactions between the three of them becoming friends was what made me like it..

Originally Posted by theDEEK

I really was waiting for some Steve character development as well
frown.gif
He would have been the strongest one.
30t6p3b.gif

Andrew just had too much time on his hands.
Steve was the popular kid, so it's not like he had a lot of time to develop his telekinesis. Don't know why he was killed off so early. 
eyes.gif

Saw this movie last night. I gotta say it exceeded my expectations. It's a pretty cool take on a "superhero" type movie. A sequel would be
pimp.gif

Maybe a trilogy type thing where Matt starts doing +++%. They shoulda never killed off the black dude though
30t6p3b.gif

Illmatic pretty much said what I wanted to say. I was suprised at how much everything worked. I'm glad that the cast was pretty much unknowns(minus Michael B. Jordan). It allowed you to focus more on the story, which was really good. That's not to say that the acting wasn't good; it was great.

Did anyone think that the pink haired girl that was trying to get with Andrew looked REALLY old!? Besides the hair, they didn't even try to make her look like a high school student.
laugh.gif

I'm trying to write a screenplay for a Sequel and submit it.

-The Government Finds out about the Incident after they were seen on the news
-They try to track Matt down and find the origin of the powers they have
-Matt won't surrender
-Government and other Secret agencies all want apart of Matt
-Matt grows stronger over the years he's MIA
-He is tested and has no choice but to fight them

Something like that

grin.gif

Saw it tonight, took my kids. (didnt think the cursing would be like it was, but they are old enough to know what they should/shouldnt say)

The movie was dope...........My kids liked it also.(my son wants to see it again)

On a side note...........

We got to my sister in laws house to pick up my wife and my daughter ran to the door and was like "I BET I CAN MAKE THE DOOR OPEN WITH MY SUPER POWERS"
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
..............So she went up to the door and put her hands out like she was trying to make it open, and without knocking on the door, it opened
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

When it opened, i was like WHAT THE %+%%   ??????      after talking to them when we got in the house, they heard us laughing and just got up to open the door before we knocked
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

its just so funny because it happened right after she said she would open the door with her "powers" and at the moment she "tried" to open the door, it opened
roll.gif
roll.gif
  I almost had a heart attack

Originally Posted by DMoney82

I'm trying to write a screenplay for a Sequel and submit it.

-The Government Finds out about the Incident after they were seen on the news
-They try to track Matt down and find the origin of the powers they have
-Matt won't surrender
-Government and other Secret agencies all want apart of Matt
-Matt grows stronger over the years he's MIA
-He is tested and has no choice but to fight them

Something like that

grin.gif

sounds like the on-going struggle of the X Men /mutants mythology 

Spoiler [+]
x-men-first-class-magneto.jpg

I watched this last night, great movie. My only gripe is:
Spoiler [+]
Andrew. Dude's character was so %$%+*+$ annoying. I wanted to beat this testicle lacking whiny mother %!@$%@ with a golf club even though he was made out to be a sympathetic character. And he killed Steve for no reason. 
grin.gif

people on pg 3+4 just said "#!** spoilers"...anyway, im going to see this in a couple hours off the strength of wallace.

Back
Top Bottom