Cigarette Smokers: How and Why?

Originally Posted by seasoned vet

- oh and,
laugh.gif
 @ the urban community myth of the positive effects of 'freaking blacks'.

.....no shots, you just took me back.

roll.gif
, no shots...

i didn't take the "cancer paper" out because i, infact, thought it was a "cancer paper"

i freak blacks cause they hit harder and taste smoother.....duh

Originally Posted by CaptinStabbin

Originally Posted by Jay02

I hate cigs, wish i never started. Its a shame cause i rejected them for so long. Then eventually caved. 
tired.gif
The money you spend on cigs isn't enough for you to kick though?

-The Juice

The two things that would make you not wanna smoke are health and money. I didn't really care about the health aspect because I feel i dont smoke enough to end up dying at a super early age or get cancer. And money, I came to the realization im broke with cigarettes and im broke without them so F it 
laugh.gif

Seriously though I think I will quit one day. The reason I quit for 2 months is cause eventually I just didnt like it, plain and simple. I got sick of cigarettes. As 2 months go on ,though you slowly crave it more and more. Then one drunk night, you cave. But the fact that I simply got sick of em and just stopped makes me think I can do it again but for longer.

Jay02 wrote:
CaptinStabbin wrote:
Cigarettes are one of those things people do to seem "cool" cause they see someone doing it and act like they didn't do it to be cool. They are lying. Smoking is such a conscious decision and your body rejects smoking the first time you try to inhale, that's why you get that burn when you first start doing it. There is no reason why a person should start smoking other than because "other people do it", when you start smoking and become addicted.....then it's a different story

Smoking is such a sheep activity 

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]-The Juice[/color]

I disagree.
First time I smoked were when a friend gave me some of those swisher mini cigars (like cigs) you could either inhale them or choose not to. I eventually started inhaling, and then said screw this im just going to cigs cause they were easier and just felt better to inhale. The thing is I never did it to look cool, and would rather do it alone or with only friends who smoke cause even I think its tacky. I always though I would be able to kick the habit if i wanted but i thought wrong. The best I did was 2 months without one.

I hate cigs, wish i never started. Its a shame cause i rejected them for so long. Then eventually caved. 
tired.gif

so you fell into peer pressure... you did it so you could fit in, or be cool. same thing either way.

Peer pressure maybe, but for years I rejected peer pressure. It was eventually kinda just a I guess ill try it. I had a little weird mindset that filtered cigars werent as bad as cigs. Eventually I just said screw it and converted to cigs. Trying to be cool though? Never. Why would I try to be cool in front of a friend who I have known for years. I'd be damned if he didnt like me anymore cause I didnt want to have a cigarette. Now if it was in front of someone I didnt know then maybe, but like I said I dont like to be labeled as a cig smoker cause even though I smoke I think its tacky.

Originally Posted by Jay02

tired.gif
The money you spend on cigs isn't enough for you to kick though?

-The Juice

The two things that would make you not wanna smoke are health and money. I didn't really care about the health aspect because I feel i dont smoke enough to end up dying at a super early age or get cancer. And money, I came to the realization im broke with cigarettes and im broke without them so F it 
laugh.gif

Seriously though I think I will quit one day. The reason I quit for 2 months is cause eventually I just didnt like it, plain and simple. I got sick of cigarettes. As 2 months go on ,though you slowly crave it more and more. Then one drunk night, you cave. But the fact that I simply got sick of em and just stopped makes me think I can do it again but for longer.

Jay02 wrote:
CaptinStabbin wrote:
Cigarettes are one of those things people do to seem "cool" cause they see someone doing it and act like they didn't do it to be cool. They are lying. Smoking is such a conscious decision and your body rejects smoking the first time you try to inhale, that's why you get that burn when you first start doing it. There is no reason why a person should start smoking other than because "other people do it", when you start smoking and become addicted.....then it's a different story

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]-The Juice[/color]

I disagree.
First time I smoked were when a friend gave me some of those swisher mini cigars (like cigs) you could either inhale them or choose not to. I eventually started inhaling, and then said screw this im just going to cigs cause they were easier and just felt better to inhale. The thing is I never did it to look cool, and would rather do it alone or with only friends who smoke cause even I think its tacky. I always though I would be able to kick the habit if i wanted but i thought wrong. The best I did was 2 months without one.

tired.gif

so you fell into peer pressure... you did it so you could fit in, or be cool. same thing either way.

Peer pressure maybe, but for years I rejected peer pressure. It was eventually kinda just a I guess ill try it. I had a little weird mindset that filtered cigars werent as bad as cigs. Eventually I just said screw it and converted to cigs. Trying to be cool though? Never. Why would I try to be cool in front of a friend who I have known for years. I'd be damned if he didnt like me anymore cause I didnt want to have a cigarette. Now if it was in front of someone I didnt know then maybe, but like I said I dont like to be labeled as a cig smoker cause even though I smoke I think its tacky.

I just quit recently.  I smoked about 4-5 packs/week for 15 years (insert old joke here).  Honestly, and most smokers will tell you this - I started smoking to fit in, look cool/rebellious.  Depending on your genetic predisposition to nicotine addiction, you could be physically hooked after a few weeks, maybe a few months, maybe never.  Once you do become addicted, it becomes difficult to stop, either because you go through withdrawal, or you just miss the habit. 

Why did I quit?  Well, to break it down to the most simple form of logic - I did not want to keep making the CEOs and executives of tobacco companies rich while they killed me.  That's what happens when you smoke really.  Paying someone to kill you.  How silly is that?  If I tried to tell you "Hey, gimme $5 every 2 days and I'll give something that will kill you slowly in 40-50 years.  Whaddya say?", you'd probably hit me with the
indifferent.gif

I just quit recently.  I smoked about 4-5 packs/week for 15 years (insert old joke here).  Honestly, and most smokers will tell you this - I started smoking to fit in, look cool/rebellious.  Depending on your genetic predisposition to nicotine addiction, you could be physically hooked after a few weeks, maybe a few months, maybe never.  Once you do become addicted, it becomes difficult to stop, either because you go through withdrawal, or you just miss the habit. 

Why did I quit?  Well, to break it down to the most simple form of logic - I did not want to keep making the CEOs and executives of tobacco companies rich while they killed me.  That's what happens when you smoke really.  Paying someone to kill you.  How silly is that?  If I tried to tell you "Hey, gimme $5 every 2 days and I'll give something that will kill you slowly in 40-50 years.  Whaddya say?", you'd probably hit me with the
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by UPandCOMING32

started smoking senior year of HS for bout a year and a half.then stopped for a good 7-8 months. picked it up again. but now stopped. havent smoked a cigg in about 3 months and Im pretty sure Im not going back
pimp.gif

as for the herbal, used to smoke Ls daily,but cut down. now its maybe an L or 2 a day, 2-3 days a week max.

Its all mental. One can simply tell themself they will quit and they can. but others are weak minded and have a difficult time in convincing themself to quit. I suggest, if you want to quit, first slow down, smoke less and less a day gradually. til youre down to 1-3 a day and you will see that you can quit.
This. I used to smoke because my friends did. It was just something to do and i liked it when I drank/smoked green. One day I just realized it was dumb and stopped. No craving, withdraws or anything. To me it just seems like the people who have trouble quitting don't really want to quit.

Originally Posted by UPandCOMING32

started smoking senior year of HS for bout a year and a half.then stopped for a good 7-8 months. picked it up again. but now stopped. havent smoked a cigg in about 3 months and Im pretty sure Im not going back
pimp.gif

as for the herbal, used to smoke Ls daily,but cut down. now its maybe an L or 2 a day, 2-3 days a week max.

Its all mental. One can simply tell themself they will quit and they can. but others are weak minded and have a difficult time in convincing themself to quit. I suggest, if you want to quit, first slow down, smoke less and less a day gradually. til youre down to 1-3 a day and you will see that you can quit.
This. I used to smoke because my friends did. It was just something to do and i liked it when I drank/smoked green. One day I just realized it was dumb and stopped. No craving, withdraws or anything. To me it just seems like the people who have trouble quitting don't really want to quit.

Originally Posted by eNPHAN

i will eventually stop...im actually starting to dislike smoking....slowly...

but for right now....i be uber-stressed.....i blow trees, too....

i dont have kids.....im not in bad health....and i enjoy it...

that's how i justify poisoning my body, at least...

ohwell.gif

Pretty much how I feel. I like smoking. Eases the stress. Enjoy going outside and smoking a cig.

ohwell.gif

Pretty much how I feel. I like smoking. Eases the stress. Enjoy going outside and smoking a cig.

I'm 25, been smoking since I was 14. My Mom has always smoked, so I was always around it. Never did it to be cool, because really none of my friends smoked. Don't really know why I started but I did.

The people who criticize someone smoking a cigarette probably go out every friday and saturday night drinking.

I'm 25, been smoking since I was 14. My Mom has always smoked, so I was always around it. Never did it to be cool, because really none of my friends smoked. Don't really know why I started but I did.

The people who criticize someone smoking a cigarette probably go out every friday and saturday night drinking.

Originally Posted by Trelvis Tha Thrilla

ohwell.gif

eek.gif
, we agree? commonground?

Originally Posted by Trelvis Tha Thrilla

ohwell.gif

eek.gif
, we agree? commonground?

Originally Posted by NORCALHUSSLA

bored between classes so i started smoking.

- oh okay. so destroying our lungs is a good way to pass the time when we're bored huh? hmm, never knew......

I like the awake feeling I get from it.  I feel refreshed when i come back from break.
I smoke bud everyday to tho...and i have asthma.
laugh.gif
happy.gif

Originally Posted by NORCALHUSSLA

- oh okay. so destroying our lungs is a good way to pass the time when we're bored huh? hmm, never knew......

I like the awake feeling I get from it.  I feel refreshed when i come back from break.
I smoke bud everyday to tho...and i have asthma.
laugh.gif
happy.gif

Drinking got me smoking cigarettes. Bummed one off my man after a couple shots and it felt good. So i started smoking only when drinking. Then I started buying packs because I felt lame bumming them off people at parties. An since I.now had whole packs I started smoking during times I wasn't drinking because it was real calming.I've been smoking for about 5 years.

Drinking got me smoking cigarettes. Bummed one off my man after a couple shots and it felt good. So i started smoking only when drinking. Then I started buying packs because I felt lame bumming them off people at parties. An since I.now had whole packs I started smoking during times I wasn't drinking because it was real calming.I've been smoking for about 5 years.

YouMadYouBad wrote:

NORCALHUSSLA wrote:

Why do people care if someone enjoys a stimulant or not? We all have an expiration date regardless of what you do in your life. 
Guess what certain produce you eat leads to cancer, you gonna ask people why they started eating potatoes? 

- true story.......EYE dont care. i just find it hilarious that some think:

destroying our lungs is a good way to pass the time when we're bored

- and your potatoes analogy has to be the second funniest thing ive read all day (besides the bored comment). thing is, even IF potatoes did give you cancer..........how many people do you think knows that before they eat one? better yet, how many people do you think would willingly look at a well known cancer producing potato and say "hmm, well, theres nothing else to do....." and eat one?
roll.gif

......they say youth is wasted on the young. i say intelligence is wasted on humans.

- oh and,
laugh.gif

roll.gif
, no shots...

i didn't take the "cancer paper" out because i, infact, thought it was a "cancer paper"

- actually i said that because i remember a thread a couple years back on NT mocking those that dont 'freak' blacks because the paper causes cancer......

YouMadYouBad wrote:

NORCALHUSSLA wrote:

Why do people care if someone enjoys a stimulant or not? We all have an expiration date regardless of what you do in your life. 
Guess what certain produce you eat leads to cancer, you gonna ask people why they started eating potatoes? 

- true story.......EYE dont care. i just find it hilarious that some think:

destroying our lungs is a good way to pass the time when we're bored

- and your potatoes analogy has to be the second funniest thing ive read all day (besides the bored comment). thing is, even IF potatoes did give you cancer..........how many people do you think knows that before they eat one? better yet, how many people do you think would willingly look at a well known cancer producing potato and say "hmm, well, theres nothing else to do....." and eat one?
roll.gif

......they say youth is wasted on the young. i say intelligence is wasted on humans.

- oh and,
laugh.gif

roll.gif
, no shots...

- actually i said that because i remember a thread a couple years back on NT mocking those that dont 'freak' blacks because the paper causes cancer......

-The Juice
i started smoking when i was %$*#@* up. my friend said it would get me on a better level, so i tried it and it did. even though i coughed the first time trying to inhale it, i felt a little rush. i dont see why people think you only smoke cause its "cool". i smoke when im really stressed, nicotine is a chemical that helps with that. they dont just put pencil shavings in cigs
indifferent.gif

although i didnt read any of the replies in here, and my personal story isn't important, i will say i used to smoke two packs a day
ohwell.gif

for those actually interested in quitting, not just talking about it, this book will change your life--
20jokls.jpg

like i said two packs a day, my addictive nature is like
eek.gif
. this book= truth.

and if you haven't heard the song 'the skinny' by atmosphere, go listen to it

Back
Top Bottom