CNN's Rick Sanchez Calls FOX News Liars - Dude goes in hard at these fools... good watch

I don't care as much for bias than I do accuracy:

http://www.democracynow.org

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

Originally Posted by LilStarZ07

if anything YOUR people have this ability, not fox news ...
I think this is the root of the problem. The whole left vs right/conservative vs liberal/republican vs democrat thing. I don't see why it's so hard for some people to hold their own opinions while still respecting dissenting opinions as valid (not a shot at anyone in this thread). It's like, instead of proving our point, we tend to try to discredit and tear down the opposing point.

It happens way too often, from both sides, and it's so elementary and immature.

*steps off soapbox*
I feel what you're saying.

But imho, as it relates to this topic, your point is only really valid when both parties are not lying or misrepresenting facts (I'd personally also countfear mongering and spreading FUD along with those two, but maybe at their base meanings that's what they are anyway). This apparently wasn't the casewith the newspaper ad Fox News took out.

Either way, I rarely watch news on TV for these and other related reasons. Seems to me there are a lot of "journalists" who are just trying to make aname for themselves so they say outlandish/false/bold/etc. statements. Methinks if you want just the news with no commentary, watch something on PBS (like theMacNeil Lehrer News or whatever it's called).

Originally Posted by theconditioner

I don't care as much for bias than I do accuracy:
I agree. Everyone will have some sort of bias. It is almost impossible to be completely neutral on everything. At least come with accurate ideas,thoughts, opinions, etc....

Originally Posted by Uptown Roamer

I was watchin' this yesterday, Rick Sanchez went in.

"Two words...you lie"
laugh.gif

Part Had Me And Everyone In The Barber Shop Trippin
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

In fairness, I believe Lou Dobbs is an Independent.
yeah, yeah, and glen beck is a "libertarian"
wink.gif
.I've watched dobbs enough to know he falls on the conservative side of the fence, whether or not he wants to classify himself as one.

I hate faux news as much as the next person, but don't nobody want to see him crying because cnn got dissed.
eyes.gif

While Fox is the home of all sorts of douche bags and loud mouths masquerading as journalists, most of you are in no position to call out news organizationsfor wrong doings when you support MSNBC, the "all dissent is racism" noise machine.

Originally Posted by DubA169

NPR, PBS, BBC=quality

I agree although I do disagree with those who hold them up as examples of absolute objectivity. However, they are still much, much better than Fox-CNN-MSNBC.

Rick Sanchez is a tool. He acts just like O'Reilly does when he doesn't agree with his guests. His tirade was fully unprofessional and had no place onCNN. Pundits of all stripes are the downfall of cable news.

As for most of your blind hate of Fox, O' Reilly is basically an actor and Beck considers himself an entertainer not a journalist.

I shouldn't be surprised for your blind love for CNN (I watch CNN too) and
pimp.gif
ing Rick Sanchez. These threads consistently reminds me why I hatepolitical threads on NT

PS. MSNBC lies too
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Trelvis Tha Thrilla

I dont watch fox news and dont get the obsession over that station, but why isnt there as much outrage for MSNBC as there is for Fox News? Olberman does the same stuff, but its for the Liberals.

yea, i agree 100% MSNBC is so far left is sickening (and im liberal) but MSNBC doesnt constantly push falsehoods to push heir own agenda. They also aren'tcondescending and attempt to belittle every other news station in an attempt to boost their ow credibility. In fact, I think that MSNBC is so far left in anattempt to counter Fox News. oh wow, I was watching CNN while typing this post and they ran a commercial saying: Fox News wants you to believe we didn'tcover this story.......Fox News: Distorting, NOT reporting

Originally Posted by Rexanglorum

While Fox is the home of all sorts of douche bags and loud mouths masquerading as journalists, most of you are in no position to call out news organizations for wrong doings when you support MSNBC, the "all dissent is racism" noise machine.

I can't say that I "support" or don't support MSNBC - I think sometimes they do a nice job presenting a view point, and other times they arejust as crazy as Fox News.

But I don't think it's fair to just equate MSNBC as the left version of Fox News either, nor say Olbermann is the left's answer to Beck andO'Reilly. I happen to think the agenda pushed by Fox News is much more dangerous than the one pushed by MSNBC, as many times they go out of their wayattempting to incite anger and fear in their viewers.

So while I can't say I agree with MSNBC's agenda all the time either, it seems far less harmful to the state of this country than does Fox News',and therefore doesn't need to just be thrown into the same pot because it's shares the label of being extreme in one direction.

Also - I don't get how CNN gets thrown under the bus so much. They are pretty much in the middle on most issues, and if not for the Fox News attacks onthem, they'd be seen as a pretty neutral station still to this day. Their entire reputation can almost entirely be blamed on Fox News alone... but theyare much more BBC than they are MSNBC.

Just how I see it anyways.

MSNBC is heavily biased to the left.

Lou Dobbs is a Republican all the way. He calls himself independent but rarely do I see him side with the left side. He's cool to watch/listen to every nowand then though.

Originally Posted by Rexanglorum

Originally Posted by DubA169

NPR, PBS, BBC=quality

I agree although I do disagree with those who hold them up as examples of absolute objectivity. However, they are still much, much better than Fox-CNN-MSNBC.
I don't believe 100% objectivity exists. People aren't robots. you can't suppress your subconscious (I think?).

Are the companies I named better solely because they are publically financed? is that really the only difference?

Dobbs is not an Independent.� He is an advocate of right wing white supremacist hate groups.

Back
Top Bottom