Coachella 2012 : April 13-15, 20-22 in Indio, CA Streaming on Youtube THIS WEEKEND

The saddest thing about this argument is, its all a matter of personal taste and opinion.

Ye's set wasn't better than Dre's and Dre's wasn't better than Ye's.

Fans of both sides will defend whichever set they liked more. They rocked the same size crowds and everyone left happy both years. The shows were equal.

Why don't we appreciate the fact that we get this same quality festival EVERY year rather than fight over which year was best?

Originally Posted by Cragmatic

Originally Posted by bballah3

PJ and Bompton wrote:
roll.gif
roll.gif
it's not like 50 came out and played the new single off his album...son came out to WHAT UP GANGSTA. the crowd went APE**** when that dropped. EMINEM played FORGOT ABOUT D.R.E. there is honestly no way to describe how !$%++%@ insane this crowd was. it was a nonstop party.
^^^^You might want to edit your post, but yeah the crowd when 50 came out went bananas.   
To say that it wasn't a great set means that you are a straight hater or you weren't there and wish you were. 

I'm not saying it wasn't a great set, I'm not denying it would have been a ton of fun, but the set relied on guest appearances, and a hologram, how are you going to possibly say it's a better overall show than the Kanye performance? Seeing "Runaway" performed that way alone is > than that show, and then the way he ended with Lost in the World and Hey Mama...

Haters.
preference is what it comes down to...but RUNAWAY ALONE BETTER THAN THE WHOLE SHOW???
roll.gif
i'm done...

gotta love the "Haters" thrown on at the end
laugh.gif
go find some more spooky houses bruh

Dudes tripping in here.

That 50 moment was crazy because it wasn't expect when it happened. Kendrick Lamar finishes, dead silence, then the intro to "What Up Gangsta" with the awesome bullets graphics moving to the beat and then Curtis and Yayo appear out of nowhere? just dope.

I'm gonna take a wild guess and assume youtube isn't streaming this weekend? I know its pretty much a repeat of last week, but maybe some new surprises from some sets?
nerd.gif

Just got back. The whole experience was INSANE!

THE HEAT WAS STUPID HOT! 105 degrees

a bunch of new artist are going to be added to my ipod. Some which i would have never been a fan of if it wasnt for coachella. Santigold, girl talk, rehab beats antique are all artist i didnt give the time of day to until this weekend.

Gary Clark Jr. As a blues guitar player myself i was excited how this man drew a huge crowd within a few minutes of him playing. The fans started to pile on even outside the tent he was at where they stood in the heat for him. He is as good as it gets. Prob my fave act from friday.

Childish gambino did his thing, got some oohhhs and ahhhs from first time listeners with some of his punchlines
laugh.gif

the weeknd was maybe a 7/10. His mic could have been louder but he has been getting better. Potentially he can do way more.

Radiohead killed it with paranoid android.
at the drive in was 
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Dre, em, snoop, 50 all did their thing. Best show ever. Best weekend i can remember.

One of the best weekends of my life!!

The people! The whole campin experience! The snow bunnies!

I thought SebastiAn's set was
pimp.gif

just got back...had the most amazing time of my life...dude above me pretty much summed it up...

Frank Ocean is DOOOPPPPEEE live...i've never been a huge fan, but dude made me a believer...that Super Rich Kids song, or whatever the name is, is nice...any CDQ audio???

Weeknd was ehh...wasn't doing it for me...i don't think a live band is a good idea for an artist like him...the music just isn't the same...like on Gone, the best part about that song is the bass and it wasn't hittin like it was supposed to...

stood 4 hours just to get a good spot for Radiohead and was 3rd row
pimp.gif
...that alone was worth the ticket price...Feral live is INTENSE...

Santigold put on a better show than i though she would...he dancers were pretty sick

Amon Tobin 
eek.gif
...that $*#* was like watching Inception live with a dubstep soundtrack...it was my camp neighbors who suggested him, as i've never even heard of him, and damn...i'm so glad i stumbled into that...

made the mistake of not looking up artist before going to see them...i was able to get into the pit of the main stage after Justice and decided to wait through At The Drive In until Dre and Snoop...bad idea...ended up in the middle of one of the most intense mosh pits...everybody who had the same idea as me were absolutely stunned...that moshing $*#* isn't fun at all...even after they left dudes were still all over each other...i definitely had to earn my spot for Dre and Snoop 
laugh.gif

aside from the first half of the first day when i drunk too much vodka and let the heat get the better of me, everything was #%+@+! perfect...i'm worn the *+%% out tho...glad i ain't gotta work this week 
laugh.gif

got back today around 3. Crazy weekend/ Definiely an experience that wont be soon forgotten I saw:
Friday-
Breakbot
Gary Clark Jr.- amazing performer. he was in my top 3 most needed to see and definitely did his thing. His cover of Jimi's Third Rock from the Sun?
c7e150e195ac2ae99f1bc00c5de6ef06d11ec72.gif
flames
Arctic Monkeys
Pulp- best set of the day..perhaps even the weekend. Apparently that was their last concert ever in North America
853157e596ab25e1e6f076e431e417ee8471782.gif

The Black Keys- When John Fogerty came on the crowd went nuts. him and Dan together rocking The Weight was so surreal
after TBK i was too done to stand again for Swedish House Mafia. Ended up watching their set from a distance and knocked out on the grass

Saturday-
Childish Gambino- wasn't really feeling him, but it was funny when all the asian girls in the crowd were boppin to that asian girls song
AWOLNATION0 @+$*$+! nuts. their stage presense is amazing. ended up sending my group all crowd surfing. Towards the end of the set people were just rolling off each others heads. Security was working double time. Aaron Bruno hops on a damn wakeboard and goes into the crowd standing
03e15cef99a12ee6bbd03219196dd61dd9b05d1.gif

Noel Gallager's High Flying Band- had no clue Noel was half of the Gallager bros aka half of Oasis. I was thoroughly surprised since they were just a fill in while i waited for Radiohead.
The Shins
Bon Iver- couldn't get down with his set. snoozefest
Radiohead- I didnt like the early song selection but the visuals were amazing. The double encore and the Paranoid Android finale made up for everything else

Sunday-
Santigold-
6f425e5e2598ca5d2e5e2c2ba3d28c510b773bc.gif
The woman is completely adorable. She let whoever wanted to come up on stage and cleared out the first three rows in like 10 seconds. left room for me and my group to snag up spots along the rail. parked there all day
baf152e995a923e6bfe9892fb5dae575ea6f467.gif

Fitz and the Tantrums- was pretty excited to see them perform...started out sucky but when they did the Sweet Dreams cover i was all in.
The Hives- best show of the weekend. The lead guitarist threw out guitar picks at the crowd and i ended up getting two.
Justice- not a fan
At The Drive In-
aaf35799ef9b9300a0242439ecf23d9bc10159c.gif
these dudes.
aaf35799ef9b9300a0242439ecf23d9bc10159c.gif
them hard
853157e596ab25e1e6f076e431e417ee8471782.gif
. the entire set i spent bracing myself across the rail just so i could breath. people behind us had to crawl out beacuse they couldnt take the surge. the whole hour they were on stage was a straight struggle for survival.
Dre and Snoop- Tupac wasnt even the best part about their show.

also, although cool for the fans, i thought it was pretty disrespectful how ASAP walked through the crowd during the Weeknd's set...i would've been tight if i was Abel

Originally Posted by Epidemik The Great

also, although cool for the fans, i thought it was pretty disrespectful how ASAP walked through the crowd during the Weeknd's set...i would've been tight if i was Abel

wait what happened?
oh people were passing out left and right 
eek.gif

i had to help like 4 people get their !*%% together cause i didnt know if they would die or something. it was scary.

I wish i met up with some NTers here.

the security that pat us down on the way in did not know !*%% about their jobs 
laugh.gif
 it got annoying

Dre and Snoop- Tupac wasnt even the best part about their show. 

Basically. 
I got chills when people sang along.

okay so the ASL translator for aint no fun if the homies cant get none was HILARIOUS! !*%% i wish everyone could see him

im forgetting a lot more so ill post again soon 
laugh.gif

you didn't see ASAP Rocky walk straight through the crowd when Weeknd was performing??? i think he was doing The Knowing...completely took the attention off the stage for like a minute straight...

and yeah, At The Drive In wasn't cool at all...my first concern was my life, my second were my glasses...i thought i was gonna lose both...at least i can say i was in the middle of a mosh pit though....

i wish some of us could've got together, too...this was my first Coachella, so i didn't know how things were gonna be...thought i would be way to busy at shows and *+$! to try to get together, but i had MAD downtime...we definitely gonna set it up next year...and i'm DEFINITELY gettin VIP tickets next year

found it
laugh.gif

dont know how i missed it haha i wasnt too far that i should have missed it. Dude took a lot of attention from the song

OH dude and there was that one chick that was crying like it was a bieber concert! lol

i remember they panned to her during the concert

I was standing directly to the left of where that vid was taken. Didn't see Rocky because we left halfway through the set. After waiting like an hour. Worst set of the festival because his mic was not nearly loud enough. It was like watching a muted TV. I cut out because it was honestly ruining my perception of him as an artist.

My favorites:

1. Swedish House Mafia: this set transcended music and was just on another level. The lasers were insane. I am not a fan of house music and had never heard of them. Biblical.

2. Frank Ocean: flawless. Glad he didn't bring Tyler out. Vibe was chill, his voice was stunning. Tightest part was seeing him get mobbed by a genuinely ecstatic Earl and other OFers as he left the stage.

3. A$AP: the first twenty minutes of this set were so powerful and perfect. I loved how he brought out his boys first, and they all KILLED IT, especially Ferg. Kinda lost the energy at some point but still a fantastic set.

4. Dre and Snoop: I liked it and had a blast at the set, but it wasn't nearly as awesome as the three sets above. They left the stage too much and it didn't feel like a seamless session like the others. There was zero flow to it. Kendrick to 50 to Em to Tupac and so on. Really fun but didn't take me into that zone like Frank Ocean coming out and doing songs back to back til his set was over.

Best weekend of my life hands down. It is my goal to go again and again. I hope next year they bring Cudi, Outkast, KRIT and The XX.

Didn't see much of Gambino or Kendrick because it was too hot.

I HAD A BLUE STL CARDINALS FITTED ON ALL WEEKEND, SO IF YOU SAW IT THAT WAS ME. WE STAYED IN SOUTH 109 in the first lot.
Canadians who camped near us saw my cardinals fitted and rapped an entire nelly verse to me. %%## was great.
Ended up giving my cardinals hat away to this London dude that was camping next to us the whole weekend.

i got KO'd friday night from drinking, smoking, and rolling for the first time and had to recover Saturday-Sunday.
Spent a few hours saturday in the first aid tent tryna rehydrate. even now i still feel dehydrated.
We got there Thursday, Friday was cool, rolled my first pill and woke up Saturday and was done.

My favorite show was A$AP, was not expecting P to come out on stage. What I liked about it most, was it competed with the radiohead spot which meant EVERYBODY went to see radiohead. Which left only people who really wanted to see A$AP at their show.

THE BLACK KEYS?! WOW! already loved them anyway, their performance was insane. Surprised i didn't lose my voice, i was going hard.

I was rolling so hard at swedish house mafia. @%$+ was intense. the lasers, the the fire, the smoke, the confetti. JUST WOW.

Frank Ocean was dope, and I really like the group of british guys that performed before him. I have to download them.

For that being my first time introduced to dubstep and electro bands. it was a really great time. we camped near some awesome people who put us onto some good bands i didn't know about.

Kendricks set was dope.

Frank > The Weeknd.

DRE and SNOOP was too ill, when wiz came out I got dumb hyped.

Wish I coulda met some NTers.

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

Originally Posted by Cobra Kai

Frank Ocean was dope, and I really like the group of british guys that performed before him. I have to download them.
Wu Lyf
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

PERFORMANCE WAS AMAZING. lead singer has GREAT energy.

i took plenty of video and pics. Ill post them up after they're all done uploading. I was in the front basically the entire weekend

Back
Top Bottom