Colin Kaepernick Is Righter Than You Know

Will you boycott the NFL this upcoming season?

• Yes

• No

• Maybe

Results are only viewable after voting.
The difference is saying he's ungrateful as if he should feel lucky that this country threw him a bone is shaded with ignorance and borderline racist. So if I hear something like 'he shouldn't speak up because he's one of the lucky ones' or 'but he was adopted by white parents' of course I'm going to take issue with it.

Or it just means that some people don't like that he's "disrespecting" a country that has helped make it possible for him to achieve fame and fortune. He went about it in a very specific and public way and noone should be surprised that not everyone is patting him on the back. I actually think he is getting plenty of good press.

As a 49ers fan I'm disappointed in Kap. Not for sitting down during the anthem cause that's his right to do so, but his reason for doing so seems foolish. There's absolutely NO connection between the national anthem and law enforcement/police officers so using the example of bad police officers as justification for not standing for the playing of the national anthem makes no sense.

in how many ways has this country made it not possible for other people (of color) to achieve fame and fortune?

more of this than examples where they provided opportunities.and yet they have persevered despite all the hurdles placed on them by white government and white society here?

hey we're gonna provide you with opportunities to be a highly paid athlete, rapper and entertain us, but we draw the line at leveling the playing field if you want to become a scientist or supreme court judge or president

gee we should all be glad they're throwing us a bone

On the radio they said it's an imperfect messenger.. That it would've been better if Rodgers cam Wilson came out and did this. Not someone who is barely holding on to a roster spot. Interesting to say the least.

Didn't know this many NT'rs weren't brainwashed by the pro-American military propaganda.

The 15th anniversary 9/11 thread next month should be interesting.

The difference is saying he's ungrateful as if he should feel lucky that this country threw him a bone is shaded with ignorance and borderline racist. So if I hear something like 'he shouldn't speak up because he's one of the lucky ones' or 'but he was adopted by white parents' of course I'm going to take issue with it.
Or it just means that some people don't like that he's "disrespecting" a country that has helped make it possible for him to achieve fame and fortune. He went about it in a very specific and public way and noone should be surprised that not everyone is patting him on the back. I actually think he is getting plenty of good press.
No one is surprised that people are outraged. The issue is that people are outraged as if this country wasn't built on this type of protest.

Protest isn't supposed to feel good to you or me. It's supposed to be divisive. It's supposed to get people talking. To take a quote from Stephen A Smith (I never thought I'd be doing this 
laugh.gif
) it's supposed to make you choose sides.

Word is he did it for weeks and no one noticed. So we can kill his noise he is doing it just for attention.

I find it weird that the same folk that will tell black people to pick themselves up by their bootstraps, now wants Keep to show respect to the socioeconomic system for making it possible.

And the ultimate disrespect in this country is the lack of justice the black community gets.

But demanding Kaep honor a country that continues to fails to deliver for Kaep's people

Maybe everyone should be outraged at that first and foremost.

Last edited:
"Who's the real idiot for joining the military" should be the real question. Recruiters brainwashing minorities into becoming "heroes" for a population that doesn't give a single @#%# about them

This.

x10000000 this.

You can't donate the blood you spill overseas to an educational institution.

You can definitely write a 5 million check to a museum after a fulfilling career in the league of your choice and hundreds of millions in royalties from sneaker sales.

As a 49ers fan I'm disappointed in Kap. Not for sitting down during the anthem cause that's his right to do so, but his reason for doing so seems foolish. There's absolutely NO connection between the national anthem and law enforcement/police officers so using the example of bad police officers as justification for not standing for the playing of the national anthem makes no sense.
lol

On the radio they said it's an imperfect messenger.. That it would've been better if Rodgers cam Wilson came out and did this. Not someone who is barely holding on to a roster spot. Interesting to say the least.
To me it means more coming from someone not on top of the world with more to lose.

He doesn't have a guaranteed contract. He's fighting for a starting spot.

It takes a lot more to make this statement when you're down than when you're untouchable.

"Who's the real idiot for joining the military" should be the real question. Recruiters brainwashing minorities into becoming "heroes" for a population that doesn't give a single @#%# about them
This.

x10000000 this.

You can't donate the blood you spill overseas to an educational institution.

You can definitely write a 5 million check to a museum after a fulfilling career in the league of your choice and hundreds of millions in royalties from sneaker sales.
This is real ****, though. I remember how they set up shop right next to the student credit card table (gotta create debt early, right?) and the way they spoke to us.

One thing we don't remember is a lot of these recruiters are babies too just brainwashed to do the brainwashing.

Last edited:
Are law enforcement agencies not governmental agencencies who are tasked with upholding the constitution? Kaep said the police are apart of government that needs reform.

lol
perhaps you should look into how & why police enforcement became a thing in this country - especially throughout the south - and what the connection is with the general mindset of people of this country )then and now) including the person who wrote the star spangled banner

its respectability politics at play

from perception of kaepernick status in the nfl

to peoples perception of what an athlete can and should stand for

to the coaches in the nfl talmbout "i wouldnt let one of my players say that"

race is the "construct" society uses to divide the mass

this issue points out class issues as much as race issues imo

If you're too dense to understand the connection between Kaep's protest & the various forms of oppression faced by peoples of color in the U.S. then that's completely on you.
Lol at being disappointed and not even being able to accurately assess the reasoning behind your disappointment. Some true shining stars on here :lol:

(3rd) verse from the star spangled banner ,but nope, no connection

CrDGTYdWcAEpTYw.jpg:large

Last edited:

Word is he did it for weeks and no one noticed. So we can kill his noise he is doing it just for attention.

I find it weird that the same folk that will tell black people to pick themselves up by their bootstraps, now wants Keep to show respect to the socioeconomic system for making it possible.

And the ultimate disrespect in this country is the lack of justice the black community gets.

But demanding Kaep honor a country that continues to fails to deliver for Kaep's people

Maybe everyone should be outraged at that first and foremost.

Go look at his Instagram.

Son been on this kick for a while, I don't know what woke him up but I'm glad it did.

EVERY SINGLE TIME I see that "be grateful you have these opportunities" type **** all I can think is "look at all we did for you. Be thankful we let you do this".

Last edited:
It's crazy how ugly this country's history. The national anthem was written by a racist and slave owner. It's so much **** that was based on racism that still goes on today. They just cover it up. Yet they expect black people to have some real love for America. And to those "If you don't like it leave" folks black people built this country/economic system so give whats owed then we can talk.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom