Colin Kaepernick Is Righter Than You Know

Will you boycott the NFL this upcoming season?

• Yes

• No

• Maybe

Results are only viewable after voting.
akkm5ebglznuqfbzcqvz.jpg

I know for a fact they do it in North Korea, they even make them sing a cute little song about how the Supreme Leader guy is a glowing golden god or whatever, the PoA is only a couple of steps under that the way I see it.

your point is taken tho, somehow I can't picture a mandatory morning salute for Canadian or Swedish students.

Im from canada. We use to stand for the anthem every morning in school that was bout it. Didnt have to sing it or anything.

He has the right to do it. Nothing will change though.

Last edited:
Im from canada. We use to stand for the anthem every morning in school that was bout it. Didnt have to sing it or anything.
that's reasonable I guess...but even putting aside the historical aspect, I remember having to sing the anthem and pledge my allegiance each day on threat of various punishments (detention, grading penalties, standing in the corner holding books). now that I think about it, that seems illegalish. 
laugh.gif

man I would have had a field day with the PC culture of today...might have won my struggle to have my fitteds observed as religious head coverings.

all seriousness tho, this is definitely an important topic as people become more aware of their place in history.

He spoke so much truth today in that presser that it shocked me even more. Some smart dumb ***** will do or say something to be controversial but when pressed back track or come off looking stupid and misinformed.

Cap did the opposite and spoke very well highlighting his stance and what it means to him to protest. He doesn't owe anyone answers but again he opens his arms to dialogue and welcomes the conversation, which is lost to so many people. I think all he wants is an open conversation and for people to ask themselves why would someone who has it "all" protest. Self-reflection is very important.

Anyone who talks about the obvious :what might happen to him and what he may lose and what so so thinks. Stay out of this convo ya not saying anything important or insightful.

that's reasonable I guess...but even putting aside the historical aspect, I remember having to sing the anthem and pledge my allegiance each day on threat of various punishments (detention, grading penalties, standing in the corner holding books). now that I think about it, that seems illegalish. :lol:

man I would have had a field day with the PC culture of today...might have won my struggle to have my fitteds observed as religious head coverings.

all seriousness tho, this is definitely an important topic as people become more aware of their place in history.

I went to 1st grade in cali for like half the school year since i was living with my uncle. I remember having to sing the US national anthem and the pledge of allegiance but i didnt even know the words lol. It felt weird to me since i wasnt even american.

I think in elementary school we were forced to sing it. I wanna say by middle school it wasnt mandatory but u still had to stand. I still remember this one chick wouldnt stand at all cuz she was a jehovahs witness. I dunno what the reason was behind that but she never got in trouble for it

Sang dat jawn from elementary all the way to high school from public to charter/alternative to private same across the boards for me

Not sure how someone can be mad at a person exercising their 1st Amendment rights. This is a different time where people are more "woke." While folks may not agree with his decision, who is he hurting? Exactly.

Only certain ppl b

Talkin bout well if u don't respect the flag u don't like America. Why don't u leave? Type people

Ppl really showing their true colors during stuff like this

Only when blacks exercise their rights is it a problem. U have the freedom to not stand during the anthem. And u get called out for it

Let Taylor swift do it and she would be called a heroine
Yeah it's not even that a black man or ppl aren't standing for the pledge. These patriots probably don't care if black ppl do.

Its why they're not. Let it be related to oppression and the current treatment of black ppl and then out comes all the if you don't like it leave the country bull ****.

Interested to see who comes forward next and supports him in the NFL.

Imagine if Cam Newton did this?

Bomani keeping it 1k as always.

Hope some of the rest of these dudes join him. No reason they shouldn't I've felt the exact same way since grade school no reason these dudes shouldn't unify.

Dude gets my respect. If you're black I honestly don't see how you can buy into this "patriotic" "Land of the free/America is so great/everybody is treated equal" BS. Knowing the history and the present of America it's the complete opposite.

Some of these athletes are waking up and I hope it continues.

Last edited:
Bomani had some good words on it.

Bomani was having a Twitter exchange with Doug Gottlieb the other day. Dude was sounding kinda suspect( Gottlieb not Bomani).

I mean I wasn't a fan of Gottlieb before but that made me even more of a non fan

Bomani was spitting the truth as usual though

Last edited:
Bomani was having a Twitter exchange with Doug Gottlieb the other day. Dude was sounding kinda suspect( Gottlieb not Bomani).

I mean I wasn't a fan of Gottlieb before but that made me even more of a non fan

Bomani was spitting the truth as usual though

He got into it today with Ryan rusillo over the kap subject. You can guess the stance rusillo took.

Bomani just schooled him, as usual.

So now this will be the "reason" he gets cut :lol:

He was getting cut regardless after this season.

I stand with him on this but let's not forget the elephant in the room.

You dont have to be black per se to see the smoke and mirrors.

America was built on deceit since the revolutionary war days , for example the boston massacre

Whoever wins wars gets to rewrite history
the world is built by killers

100%. Yet the country puts on this religious facade, always wanting to acknowledge God in formal situations.
This country is built on theft and the undertones of society reflect that, because that's who wrote the rules.

It is funny how so many people at ESPN and elsewhere in sports media say that we should keep politics separate from sports. It is funny because of what they consider to be political and not political.

Play a game in a stadium paid for by regressive sales taxes. That's not political. Host a military parade before the game. Apparently that's not a political act. Use the competition itself to underscore the narrative of American meritocracy. That's not political at all.

Wear a BLM or "I can't breathe" T-shirt in warm ups. Oh no, take politics out of our totally apolitical world of sports!

In short; if people in the exoburbs of Boston agree with something, it is not "political." If the affluent North Easterner disagrees with something, it is suddenly deemed "political" and therefore unsuited for the sacred temple of televised athletics.

Back
Top Bottom