Colin Kaepernick Is Righter Than You Know

Will you boycott the NFL this upcoming season?

• Yes

• No

• Maybe

Results are only viewable after voting.
The brainwashing to respect the military in this country is absurd and something I refuse to do. Committing atrocities overseas on a daily basis and labeling it as "protecting our freedom"...@$%@ outta here! I always like when angry white people say "if you don't like it, leave!" As if that's supposed to be an insult :lol: Find me a job in a foreign country with similar pay and work/life balance and I'll be on the next flight out :lol: dumb rednecks think that there's no life outside of this country and them expect you to worship it

Last edited:
It's funny, the majority of blacks and Hispanics that have served in the military don't have an issue with this. White people that haven't served in the military are extremely offended like someone spit in their moms face. White people love the flag and America when it's an American holiday and when a minority "disrespects" it. It's sickening.

This. My peeps who served aren't offended and says he's free to speak his mind cause that's his right.

I'm gonna paste a post from one of my boys who served in the army (he's white too). I felt that he nailed it in the head with this

I've seen a lot of opinions (mostly fallacies) on kapernick or however you spell his name. So I'd like to set some **** straight.
1) First and foremost, he wasn't specifically talking of his own oppression, more accurately he was speaking of the oppression he believes is happening to Americans with a darker complexion.
2) He is an American, he is provided the right to stand for what he believes.
3) He knows the stage he is afforded and used it to showcase his opinion. Much like everyone else in the spotlight uses it to bring attention to causes they believe in.
4) He is an American, he is provided the right to stand for what he believes. (Yes I said it twice)
5) Last but certainly not least, all my military buddies on here, I know that 90% of y'all ran to get indoors when you knew taps was coming so you didn't have to stand and salute, what's the difference?
A lot of what I see people posting on here are things I believe to be very un-American. However, you are provided the right to stand for what you believe.
So, let the man sit or stand, or whatever the **** he wants. Forcing a man to stand during a national anthem is very Nazi-ish of you. Being American doesn't mean having the same mindset, it means having a difference of opinions and living together in harmony despite them, because that is what freedom means.

Crazy how brain washed people are.

Before anyone learns or listens they go down a list of things that they think it means when a person does not stand for the National Anthem :x.

5) Last but certainly not least, all my military buddies on here, I know that 90% of y'all ran to get indoors when you knew taps was coming so you didn't have to stand and salute, what's the difference?

True this. I see it all the time dudes in the military be trying to get over a good amounts in the lower enlisted. Shoot even in the higher rankings 

It's funny, the majority of blacks and Hispanics that have served in the military don't have an issue with this. White people that haven't served in the military are extremely offended like someone spit in their moms face. White people love the flag and America when it's an American holiday and when a minority "disrespects" it. It's sickening.
this. 

i have served. i feel no disrespect from kaep at all. not for one second did i take it that way either

white people smh

Last edited:
^ and he has specifically told them he is extremely proud of all the troops and in no way trying to disrespect them so this shouldn't even be the issue.

White people are losing the privilege that they did not know existed and now they are panicking. They feel like they are being attacked.

They are acting like they are losing their freedom.

It is like nah, you are losing your privilege which in turn feels like oppression.

I was on Twitter reading some comments. No lie, 70-80% of the people that have issues with this also have trump banners on their profiles.

I was just thinking how dumb the argument of him disrespecting the military is.

every war in the past 80 years has been a useless war with other agendas. Our freedom was never at stake. Those soldiers died for some politician's and corporations' agenda. Their sacrifice hasn't been for our freedom in decades. Also, when they come back from war, they are treated like ****. How is standing up for a national anthem showing respect for the military again? Nationalism is straight up idiotic and scary at the same time. It brainwashes people.

View media item 2147910
Too much truth

Nah, they havent lost their privilege. They are just being called out on it more than ever.

More awareness is good, though.

When I first read the headline about this story, I thought CK was just sitting because he was mad at not being given first string reps or something :lol:

Glad it was for something important he believed in.

Last edited:
It's about time someone makes a stand, unlike what Melo and Dwade did. I'm even prouder of Kaep, considering he doesn't have a guaranteed contract and his standing with the team.

The same people with the fake crocodile tears over Muhammad Ali and who bash our commander in chief are now outraged. Yet, they see no problem with our rights guaranteed by the constitution being violated and feel we deserve it. Their intelligence is lacking anyway.

I rode beside a truck this morning that had a confederate flag on his car beside a american flag. But he probably thinks he's a patriot and doesn't see the hypocrisy in being proud of the confederate flag.

I hope more players start doing it.

I've been doing it for twenty years.

Nah, they havent lost their privilege. They are just being called out on it more than ever.

They are losing their privilege. Slowly but surely.

They can't be as unaware as they used to be able to. They can't just say ignorant s*** anymore and have it not effect them.

The brainwashing to respect the military in this country is absurd and something I refuse to do. Committing atrocities overseas on a daily basis and labeling it as "protecting our freedom"...@$%@ outta here! I always like when angry white people say "if you don't like it, leave!" As if that's supposed to be an insult :lol: Find me a job in a foreign country with similar pay and work/life balance and I'll be on the next flight out :lol: dumb rednecks think that there's no life outside of this country and them expect you to worship it

When I first read the headline about this story, I thought CK was just sitting because he was mad at not being given first string reps or something :lol:

Glad it was for something important he believed in.

Real

I've noticed the following, and I'm sure most minorities have too.

White people when a white person says something racist: "I don't agree with it, but I'll defend his right to say it with my life"

When a minority says ANYTHING critical: "if you don't like it here, go back to your own country (even if the person was born here) " :rofl:

White people saying "Make America great again" on one hand and then roasting minorities who think the country isn't great and has issues to be resolved.

Guess freedom of speech only applies to one demographic :lol:

Last edited:
Third verse of the national anthem.

"And where is that band who so vauntingly swore,
That the havoc of war and the battle’s confusion
A home and a Country should leave us no more?
Their blood has wash’d out their foul footstep’s pollution.
No refuge could save the hireling and slave
From the terror of flight or the gloom of the grave,
And the star-spangled banner in triumph doth wave
O’er the land of the free and the home of the brave."

If you didn't know Francis Scott key was a slave owner and hated African Americans, he was also a lawyer who represented other slave owners.

FDB.

Mad respekt for Colin Kaepernick!! I was on the radio locally this morning arguing with the host because he said that Colin was disrespecting the flag. 
Man sports talk radio is terrible
mean.gif
 hearing them speak on social issues when those came up is one of the main reasons I never tune in when i'm driving anymore.

Third verse of the national anthem.

"And where is that band who so vauntingly swore,
That the havoc of war and the battle’s confusion
A home and a Country should leave us no more?
Their blood has wash’d out their foul footstep’s pollution.
No refuge could save the hireling and slave
From the terror of flight or the gloom of the grave,
And the star-spangled banner in triumph doth wave
O’er the land of the free and the home of the brave."

If you didn't know Francis Scott key was a slave owner and hated African Americans, he was also a lawyer who represented other slave owners.

FDB.

I talked to my pops yesterday about this issue. Now mind you, my father ( who is black ) was drafted into the Vietnam War at an early age. So I was interested in his perspective since he actually served in the military. And he said that Colin was right to take that stance. My dad doesn't worship or place his value on a piece of cloth. He's a quiet and humble dude. He said he's sees injustice going on everyday and it was about time a prominent athlete decided to do say something about it. 

He personally I never stood up for the flag or placed my hand over my heart. When I was a kid in school yea, we were forced to. But after hearing stories from my dad about how POC served in the military and put their life's on the line for this country only to come back home to endure the same racism and injustice......that left a lasting impression on me. 

i'm white and i'm shocked at how other white folks on my TL are reacting to this...dudes burning jerseys...lol...ridiculous

i saw this one that i thought was good:

"Fun fact: Most people saying Colin Kaepernick is unpatriotic for criticizing America do so while wearing red ball caps that say America isn't great."

Back
Top Bottom