Colin Kaepernick Is Righter Than You Know

Will you boycott the NFL this upcoming season?

• Yes

• No

• Maybe

Results are only viewable after voting.
I swear it's like no one is allowed to have an opinion in America.

CK did something, thats his decision, his choice, so who cares?

People make a big deal out of nothing

Go to a game and you'll see other people not standing up as well, so they should get back lashed as well?

It's not affecting me or your life, so move on with yours.

You don't see it as a move for positive change but in Kaeps decision is about doing what he feels is right to him and he doesn't feel it is right. And making people less safe is a very hyperbolic thing to say.
The whole point of my argument is "fu*k feelings." I don't care what he feels, I care what is demonstrated in peer reviewed literature to help make young black men less likely to be involved in gun violence.

I get it, it is quite a bit easier to sit on a chair for two minutes once a week, but if anyone is really looking for solutions they are out there.

Pro social structured activity for young males; proven effective.

Sitting during national anthem; proven to create internet arguments.

What he is doing is not "wrong" from a subjective perspective, it is incorrect based on the evidence.
The whole point of my argument is that Kaep is not doing this to create policy or an organization he is doing it because he sees no reason he should honor the anthem right now and for people to educate themselves.

To say this only generated internet arguments is an over simplification. It's created an opportunity for people to learn. Like I said earlier people didn't know Francis Scott Key and the Anthem and now people know because some people decided what can I learn from what he is doing instead of going what he's doing is pointless and means nothing when he could have done this instead. And he still has time to act in other ways its only been a couple days and many of us don't know what he has been doing behind the scenes.

People so butthurt over him not standing but ignore why he's doing it.

Did all these people hating forget that muhammad ali died recently and there was so much praise for what he did in his life? People want more athletes today to take action but non-minorities want to criticize them when they do.

Stan Verrett on sportscenter

“I’ve always stood for the anthem because I believe in the promise of America, what the flag is supposed to symbolize even though America often falls short of what it’s supposed to symbolize. I mean, my dad served in the Army, dealt with discrimination in the Army, came back from his service in World War II and was not afforded the same rights as a U.S. citizen after his service, so don’t talk to me about sacrifice and the military. My mom was the valedictorian of her high school, couldn’t go to college in Louisiana and other mainstream universities because they were segregated. They didn’t want to hear about her grades. You can’t go because you’re black.

“There’s still (discriminatory) problems in housing, hiring, the justice system. These are real problems. People aren’t making this up and they’re trying to find ways to speak out about it. You’re not always going to agree with the method. But let’s pay as much attention to the substance as we do to the symbol.”

I swear it's like no one is allowed to have an opinion in America.

CK did something, thats his decision, his choice, so who cares?

People make a big deal out of nothing

Go to a game and you'll see other people not standing up as well, so they should get back lashed as well?

It's not affecting me or your life, so move on with yours.
well said.. I don't care why he did it.. That's his business. He has the right to do so.
It's not a big deal.. It doesn't make him a hero. Celebrity and athlete worship is weird to me.. People will make a big deal out of an athlete taking a dump.

Last edited:
Typical media coverage.. Kap.. the individual.. the act of not standing... unpatriotic.. :smh: Shut up about him and start TALKING about the actual subject for crying out loud.

Where's the conversation about the poverty, lack of education, police and housing discrimination, and every and all the things that made racial inequality what it is today?

Kap will have his 10 minutes.. than on to the next one. Too bad Lebron, Melo, Von Miller, Cam, etc.. won't follow up. Hell as an NFL/NBA fan I don't mind sacrificing one or two seasons of boycotts just so this conversation is talked about. Yeah yeah I know.. when's the fantasy draft?

Da convo you shoulda been having with ya Moms is that you finally decided to man up get off welfare &get ya own spot so the poor woman doesn't have to run an obstacle course day to day in that cubby hole
Yikes.

CrGssf7WIAAnhER.jpg
View media item 2149120
Jerry Rice :smh:

Cheating *** stickum using *** *****
Tight braids got Jerry tripping

Mog cornrows started behind his earlobes

pretty simple concept to grasp...we ca hash out da differences, but no need to disrespect da flag.

da United States is a Lamborghini with a terrible Driver for 8 years... doesn't take away from da fact its still a exotic supercar that would dust ad camrys or accords of other countries in its wake, bad driver or not. That doesn't mean that this Lamborghini of a Country doesn't deserve a driver worth da caliber of da automobile.

Anyone else see the irony of this dude using a foreign car as a metaphor to describe how great America is?

Dodge (a American Company) used to own Lamborghini, hence da creation of da Dodge viper..

which routinely embarrasses other cars in da German Nurburgring...

VW owns Lamborghini now...where do u think they get their magnetic ride suspension from? Cadillac :smokin

People so butthurt over him not standing but ignore why he's doing it.

Did all these people hating forget that muhammad ali died recently and there was so much praise for what he did in his life? People want more athletes today to take action but non-minorities want to criticize them when they do.
Ali was arrested convicted and sentenced to jail 5 years and was banned from boxing for 3 years. 

I like CK's message, but at this point it feels more like one of those "facebook post" messages instead of an actual stance. 

Wonder if he would consider not paying taxes. Or quitting football and tackling the issue head on. 

Also in the same way some people are try to use MLK to undermine black movements and black people when they take a stand I've seen a few people try to use Ali in the same way to undermine Kaep's point. 
 I know I got it made while the masses of black people are catchin' hell, but as long as they ain't free, I ain't free.
- Ali
 CK: There have been situations where I feel like I’ve been ill-treated, yes. This stand wasn’t for me. This stand wasn’t because I feel like I’m being put down in any kind of way. This is because I’m seeing things happen to people that don’t have a voice, people that don’t have a platform to talk and have their voices heard, and effect change. So I’m in the position where I can do that and I’m going to do that for people that can’t
- Kaep

I think it's safe to say we know who Ali would have backed in this situation.

It's so obviously disingenuous. They wait for people like MLK and Ali to die so they can say things like "He was a man of principle and stood for what he believed" so on the surface it seems like they care but in reality they know damn well they don't really care about the things these people fought for and things people continue to fight for.

How dude going to talk **** about the US and then wear a Fidel Castro shirt?

Ali was arrested convicted and sentenced to jail 5 years and was banned from boxing for 3 years. 

I like CK's message, but at this point it feels more like one of those "facebook post" messages instead of an actual stance. 

Wonder if he would consider not paying taxes. Or quitting football and tackling the issue head on. 

What? You do know he's prepared to face whatever comes from this he's already said if he's done in the league as a result he's ok with that and it's not going to stop him from speaking out.

as far as european countries go its all about the netherlands. its lit over there. 
The Netherlands has a lot of positives but also some major negatives. There's an upcoming election and it looks like things might get very ugly. Think Donald Trump on steroids. You may have heard of Geert Wilders, head of the PVV ("Freedom party")party. He has been prosecuted twice for hate speech and inciting violence but was acquitted both times.
His party is currently leading in the polls and Wilders has released his "de-islamization" policy.
https://www.rt.com/news/357340-geert-wilders-manifesto-islam/
That policy includes the closing of all mosques, banning of the Quran, closing of all refugee centers, "preventive imprisonment" for radicalized muslims, deportation of all criminals with dual nationalities, banning "public displays of islam", ...

Last edited:
Also in the same way some people are try to use MLK to undermine black movements and black people when they take a stand I've seen a few people try to use Ali in the same way to undermine Kaep's point. 

- Ali

- Kaep

I think it's safe to say we know who Ali would have backed in this situation.

It's so obviously disingenuous. They wait for people like MLK and Ali to die so they can say things like "He was a man of principle and stood for what he believed" so on the surface it seems like they care but in reality they know damn well they don't really care about the things these people fought for and things people continue to fight for.

Say it 1 more time for them :x :pimp:

I find it to be so infuriating when people get stuck on the first page of the book (refusing to stand for the national anthem and misunderstanding the free speech aspect) and never get to the other 300 pages of the book, which contain the actual substance of the discussion. Ask the next question. Listen to the next answer. The guy is pulling the fire alarm. Don’t stand there while the sprinklers are showering you asking why he pulled the alarm. Find the fire and put it out.

http://screengrabber.deadspin.com/stan-verrett-on-kaepernick-lets-pay-as-much-attention-1785928720

Taking issue with how he delivered the message is much easier than actually acknowledging the issues he brought up
it's the weak way out man. particularly insulting when the person saying such things is not a person of color and hasn't faced the same level of discrimmination as the one's they're critcizing? and those critics who do happen to be people of color? shameful and embarrassing.

how you white and telling a person of color how to air their grievances? nah man. just no

another shameful and embarrassing thing is the supposed values and rules NT purports to uphold. i'm talking to you method man - you got two crabs like NH and rico X hood come in and express profoundly racist, ignorant, hateful things and get personal with people over and over again, but the moment you call em out for being the uneducated parasites that they are, you're out there giving warnings. people with a loooong history of antagonistic posts who add absolutely nothing to this website, but division and animosity. right

Back
Top Bottom