Colin Kaepernick Is Righter Than You Know

Will you boycott the NFL this upcoming season?

• Yes

• No

• Maybe

Results are only viewable after voting.
Third verse of the national anthem.

"And where is that band who so vauntingly swore,
That the havoc of war and the battle’s confusion
A home and a Country should leave us no more?
Their blood has wash’d out their foul footstep’s pollution.
No refuge could save the hireling and slave
From the terror of flight or the gloom of the grave,
And the star-spangled banner in triumph doth wave
O’er the land of the free and the home of the brave."

If you didn't know Francis Scott key was a slave owner and hated African Americans, he was also a lawyer who represented other slave owners.

FDB.
Holy ******* **** :wow: I never knew about that tired verse. There's a mall here where I live at names after this man :x Baseball team named from his last name :x

It's about time someone makes a stand, unlike what Melo and Dwade did. I'm even prouder of Kaep, considering he doesn't have a guaranteed contract and his standing with the team.

The same people with the fake crocodile tears over Muhammad Ali and who bash our commander in chief are now outraged. Yet, they see no problem with our rights guaranteed by the constitution being violated and feel we deserve it. Their intelligence is lacking anyway.

I rode beside a truck this morning that had a confederate flag on his car beside a american flag. But he probably thinks he's a patriot and doesn't see the hypocrisy in being proud of the confederate flag.

I hope more players start doing it.

I've been doing it for twenty years.

The confederate flag thing always makes me chuckle. These people will be the first ones to say they want to "protect the constitution" when it comes to so many social issues, yet they fly the flag of a group of people that didn't want to follow it anymore.

To make it more hilarious, they usually also proud to be Republicans, to be members of the party of Lincoln. You know, the leader of the opposing team

These people so loss in the hate sauce they don't even know which way is up.

Last edited:
It is funny how so many people at ESPN and elsewhere in sports media say that we should keep politics separate from sports. It is funny because of what they consider to be political and not political.

Play a game in a stadium paid for by regressive sales taxes. That's not political. Host a military parade before the game. Apparently that's not a political act. Use the competition itself to underscore the narrative of American meritocracy. That's not political at all.

this! things like many stadiums being financed by taxpayer funds and loss leaders for the people of those cities are things that affect so many people's lives, in the form of opportunity cost/lack of funding for infrastructure...and how the military has been so closely forced/tied to the the nfl

whether or not a 2nd string qb (???) stands/salutes/reveres the flag, for whatever reason, is purely symbolic (#sidebar ); i respect his stance though and it has sparked interesting discussion(s) & has been enlightening as to the history of the national anthem (though can't really be surprised about it's origins, given the past misdeeds of the country)...

When I see things like that it really makes me wonder. If white people are being purposely obtuse or just trolling.

You never know man.

One part of me says that there is no way they don't get it.

But the other part of me realizes they have the luxury of walking in this space without having to think about race.

i think it is more of the latter, but there is definitely some willing blindness/denial as well, especially given how segregated, still, people's lives are & can be across (even within) beliefs, ethnicity, income, etc., there is a disconnect in how these things interact; less of a melting pot & more of a buffet...

I was just thinking how dumb the argument of him disrespecting the military is.

every war in the past 80 years has been a useless war with other agendas. Our freedom was never at stake. Those soldiers died for some politician's and corporations' agenda. Their sacrifice hasn't been for our freedom in decades. Also, when they come back from war, they are treated like ****. How is standing up for a national anthem showing respect for the military again? Nationalism is straight up idiotic and scary at the same time. It brainwashes people.

Nationalism is one of the main reasons we cannot move forward as a country because there are a good amount of people in this country who feel like our **** doesn't stink.

i think the idea of nationalism is not altogether bad, it is one of the things that has been somewhat unique to the u.s. & i would think a net positive, in the respect that it has historically been RELATIVELY(bolded for emphasis) inclusive in assimilating other peoples in a way that most other countries do not, regardless to how people of color in the u.s. feel about how america feels about people of color, people of color in america generally believe themselves to be american; i don't know that is the case in too many places. granted it can get out of can & cross over into zenophobia, but having a little pride over being from or associating with wherever it not a bad thing

besides every country has their own brand/idea of exceptionalism/nationalism...rather it seems the general splintering of culture into different echo chambers, where we rarely encounter ideas that challenge our own outlook in a civil way, that from people we know & are close to, as opposed to always in a combative way from people we think different from us, seems to be at the root of the reason there hasn't been more coalitions formed where different peoples would seem to have far more reasons to link up over a common goal than to beef over the irrelevant

If you didn't know Francis Scott key was a slave owner and hated African Americans, he was also a lawyer who represented other slave owners.

FDB.
Holy ******* **** :wow: I never knew about that tired verse. There's a mall here where I live at names after this man :x Baseball team named from his last name :x
And lets not forget the resort in Ocean City

It's about time someone makes a stand, unlike what Melo and Dwade did. I'm even prouder of Kaep, considering he doesn't have a guaranteed contract and his standing with the team.

The same people with the fake crocodile tears over Muhammad Ali and who bash our commander in chief are now outraged. Yet, they see no problem with our rights guaranteed by the constitution being violated and feel we deserve it. Their intelligence is lacking anyway.

I rode beside a truck this morning that had a confederate flag on his car beside a american flag. But he probably thinks he's a patriot and doesn't see the hypocrisy in being proud of the confederate flag.

The confederate flag thing always makes me chuckle. These people will be the first ones to say they want to "protect the constitution" when it comes to so many social issues, yet they fly the flag of a group of people that didn't want to follow it anymore.

To make it more hilarious, they usually also proud to be Republicans, to be members of the party of Lincoln. You know, the leader of the opposing team

And add the fact that prior to Kennedy, their beloved Republicans were the party that many black people voted and 9/10 their great grand pappy voted Democrat as were most of the people in the south.

Ignorance is very dangerous, funny, but dangerous

People getting stuffy with Kaep..

I wonder how many of them stand when they're watching the games at home.

Probably none.

Kaep :pimp:

These same people that are mad about this have been claiming how terrible this country is and how it needs to be made great again.

:smh: :lol:

You don't have to agree with him but you should be damn proud of him exercising his constitutional right as an American. The ability to protest like this without repercussion makes this country great.

FDB.
They don't want us to understand it, they want us to blindly follow it.

They want us to respect and participate in some **** that wasn't even meant for us. We weren't even considered human when the anthem was penned so why tf would or should we respect it?

Last edited:
I've read comments like this

"the NFL, MLB and NBA are making millionaires out of these guys, why should they feel oppressed?"

So the solution is, if you are a minority, play sports and everything is ok.

I've read comments like this

"the NFL, MLB and NBA are making millionaires out of these guys, why should they feel oppressed?"

So the solution is, if you are a minority, play sports and everything is ok.

And Kaep also never said that he feels oppressed.

People literally can't even listen.

And add the fact that prior to Kennedy, their beloved Republicans were the party that many black people voted and 9/10 their great grand pappy voted Democrat as were most of the people in the south.

Ignorance is very dangerous, funny, but dangerous

Yeah funny but dangerous.

It is sad and infuriating that so many (not all I know) middle, lower middle, lower and poor whites are always so opposed to any social change the black community push for.

Also everything the black community wants would also greatly benefit lower class whites. Blacks might get disproportional helped, but poor whites would benefit more in magnitude.

Lower class whites would benefit from a truly fair criminal justice system, they would benefit from illegal guns being controlled, they would benefit from a jobs programs, they would benefit from a better health care industry, to better schools, to a more progressive tax system, to change to rehabilitation as opposed to punishment when it comes to drug users.

Solving every major socioeconomic problem that hurt black people the most, would also help poor white communities a great deal. And these bigoted ones want all those things too, but god forbid "the blacks" get it too, and extra god forbid that ****** Obama is the one that gives it to them.

Loving your country means wanting to make it better, to progress forward. Not trying to send it back to a time that never really existed, to "Make it Great Again" :rolleyes

That's why I always tell folk that black people fighting for justice are some of the most American loving Patriots outchea.

When you love something you want better for it, demand it become something better. You don't constant remind them of how great they used to be, and try to make sure it never betters itself.

White Supremacy is like America's oxy habit. Black folk want it to go to rehab, and bigots think it is best it goes back on heroin (you know the good stuff, the strong stuff)

Last edited:
^^^

Our issues often reflect theirs. But they are so caught on the color of our skin that they cannot see it.

I dunno how people are connecting not standing up for the anthem to not supporting the military and vererans. They're making up their own connections and excuses to justify being mad. People acting like it's mandatory to stand it's funny.

I dunno how people are connecting not standing up for the anthem to not supporting the military and vererans. They're making up their own connections and excuses to justify being mad. People acting like it's mandatory to stand it's funny.
It's deflecting. Like military veterans trumps race issues( and a lot of other issues for that matter in people's eyes). So by making it a military thing, people don't want to support him

Because certaim humans love to associate things that have absolutely no correlation whatsoever.

I agree witcha.

Elway should have made that trade and let this guy finesse Carolina opening day instead of....
Trevor Simpien.

Last edited:
A guy I was cool with in high school who now serves (army I think) is posting ish like this on fb. Sad thing is ...he's black. Ignorant black folks make me sick. Dude is brainwashed. :smh: more in spolier

View media item 2147918

To me supporting the military is making sure we don't send them off to pointless wars, that we give them great training during their service at allows them to transition smoothly back into the job market when done, to put humanitarian work first so they can be proud of their service and the world will view them as heroes, to have well funded well van VA system to veterans can have adequate physical and mental healthcare (including those in the territories). Supporting the military is making sure that the country they fight for is just for all the people that live in it

Having blind patriotism is not supporting the military, ignoring injustice is not supporting the military. If anything it disrespects our vets and servicemen

The last time a wave of faux patriotism took over the country we went to Iraq. Trillions wasted, and thousands of lives lost just because we needed to be patriots. And at the time if you disagreed, you "were not supporting our troops"

Some people really need to take a step back and think about how indulging in these ways of thinking can lead to horrible outcomes.

Last edited:
Don't care bout the military..
They don't fight for our freedom. I don't stand for the anthem and really don't care bout the American flag and have no patriotic bone in my body. I was just born here.
I don't think military personnel are heroes.
Good for you, you volunteered to be a slave to our country. Minorities don't have no business in the white man's army word to boys n the hood..

It's weird seeing the difference in responses about this situation between a place like this and a place like reddit..People killing kaep over there..

Last edited:
I bet you no one is paying extra taxes.

That's one way to support the troops.

If you're not paying extra taxes, or trying to find ways to pay less taxes, you don't support the troops.

A guy I was cool with in high school who now serves (army I think) is posting ish like this on fb. Sad thing is ...he's black. Ignorant black folks make me sick. Dude is brainwashed. :smh: more in spolier

View media item 2147918

No disrespect to this guy but enlisting versus setting up your family with a once a lifetime opportunity doesn't sound like he thought out his decision.

The hero part is a fallacy too. When those bullets are flying past you you'd wish you were in that huddle in Green Bay

You don't have to agree with him but you should be damn proud of him exercising his constitutional right as an American. The ability to protest like this without repercussion makes this country great.

cant disagree with this...he pissed of ALOT of people of all stripes though.

and let's put it like this..if u love something, u love it with all its flaws unconditionally.

and once u travel? you'll realize how da US's status as a superpower is apparent.

Kap should take it to the next level and bring out a Us flag with him the next game and throw the flag on the ground and stomp on it with his cleats.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom