College Basketball "off-season" Thread (players leaving/coaching changes/recruiting)

Originally Posted by Juicy J 32

http://www.newsobserver.com/sports/story/1098535.html
[h2]Ty Lawson charged with drinking, driving[/h2]From Staff Reports
CHAPEL HILL - North Carolina point guard Ty Lawson was arrested today and charged with driving after consuming alcohol, violating a local noise ordinance and driving with a revoked license.
Chapel Hill police officer C. Shehan arrested Lawson, 20, at 2:33 a.m. on North Columbia St., in the heart of town. The officer stopped Lawson, who was alone in a 2005 four-door Chevrolet with Maryland plates, after hearing loud music coming from the car, said police Capt. Chris Blue.

Shehan suspected that Lawson had been drinking, conducted a field sobriety test and found probable cause to charge him with the misdemeanors, Blue said. State law prohibits anyone under 21 from driving after drinking any amount of alcohol.

Lawson was given a Breathalyzer test, said police Capt. Jackie Carden. The arrest and incident reports did not disclose the Breathalyzer reading, but Carden said it must have been below .08 or Lawson also would have been charged with DWI.

Lawson was taken into custody, processed and released on a written promise to appear in court July 8.

He had no comment when he was contacted by phone this morning.

Lawson, a sophomore, averaged 12.7 points for the Tar Heels, who advanced to the Final Four last season. He is one of three UNC players who entered their names into the NBA draft, but he did not hire an agent, leaving open the possibility that he will return to school. He has until June 16 to pull his name out of the draft and has been working out for NBA teams to judge where he would be taken.

Contacted early this morning, a team spokesman did not know of the arrest report and had no immediate comment.

All rights reserved. This copyrighted material may not be published, broadcast or redistributed in any manner.

Damn Ty.....
smh.gif

At least no one was injured

Stupid %$% Mother *@@%%#

I guess he is a good fit in Denver after all.

My bias aside....Roscoe has a good shot at being a Hoya, same with Hairston.

JT3 is making the '10 class a priority and not letting the best outa the area.

NT's own..

No longer committed to USC, 2008 three-star prospect Malik Story has a new school at the top of his list and will visit the Big Eastpower next week.

[table][tr][td]
MALIKSTORY7_23150.JPG
[/td] [td]
spacer1.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
spacer1.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Malik Story[/td] [/tr][/table]Georgetown, who has had a couple players transfer from the program this spring, has emerged as Story's top school. An offerhasn't yet been extended to the 6-foot-5, 200-pound wing prospect out of Cerritos (Calif.) Artesia High School, but that might change next weekend.

"I'm visiting Georgetown from the 14th to the 17th," said Story. "Right now Georgetown is my top school. They said they would talk to meabout an offer on my visit."

The team oriented play of Georgetown is a major draw for Story.

"I like the way they play and the way everyone gets exposure," he said. "Also, it is a great academic school, and I want to get a greateducation."

A number of other schools who are in need of a late addition to their 2008 class, including Wake Forest, Marquette, Oregon and Indiana are also involved withStory.

I'm indifferent.

No offense to him, but I might prefer saving a scholarship from 09 or 10

Originally Posted by Al3xis

NT's own..

No longer committed to USC, 2008 three-star prospect Malik Story has a new school at the top of his list and will visit the Big East power next week.

[table][tr][td]
MALIKSTORY7_23150.JPG
[/td] [td]
spacer1.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
spacer1.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Malik Story[/td] [/tr][/table]Georgetown, who has had a couple players transfer from the program this spring, has emerged as Story's top school. An offer hasn't yet been extended to the 6-foot-5, 200-pound wing prospect out of Cerritos (Calif.) Artesia High School, but that might change next weekend.

"I'm visiting Georgetown from the 14th to the 17th," said Story. "Right now Georgetown is my top school. They said they would talk to me about an offer on my visit."

The team oriented play of Georgetown is a major draw for Story.

"I like the way they play and the way everyone gets exposure," he said. "Also, it is a great academic school, and I want to get a great education."

A number of other schools who are in need of a late addition to their 2008 class, including Wake Forest, Marquette, Oregon and Indiana are also involved with Story.
he played at oak hill last year

This is the first recruit I honestly have no clue what in the hell is going on with Georgetown? What interest would Hoyas have in a guy who was sent home from Oak Hill where you basically have to pass "breathing 101" to stay there--you can do just about anything off the court and stay--and Story was sent home prior to season. He's a one dimensional player--and while that dimension is something III covets--I can't see him taking a guy like this into the program--with all of the movement Hoyas have had-this guy has proven--he'll jump if he doesn't like how it's going. Who in the hell is he going to beat out for playing time? He'd be gone in a year and I dont' trust him to keep his grades up to avoid losing a scholarship.

Best thing about his visit--the program still hasn't offered. This one is beyond strange. I know Hoyas like to operate in a covert manner when it comes to recruiting--but Story is someone USC didn't want the day Brandon Jennings de-committed from them. He left Artesia to go to Oak Hill--with Jennings--and no matter how talented Brandon Jennings is--I'd want no part of that clown.
Whomever is pushing for this--needs to be brought into III's office because if it was III--the offer would've been given already. Let's bring in a 6'3 spot shooter who is best friends with a total clown, got thrown out of Oak Hill, and wasn't eligible to play at Ribet Academy. Yikes.

laugh.gif

A couple of weeks ago, Bradley told Rivals.com that he wanted to take his five official visits in the fall before making a decision. I doubt that Gaddy would rush into a decision after his recent decommitment from Arizona. Furthermore, Gaddy has indicated that he wants to play with Bradley in college and that he wants to be re-recruited by the new coaching staff at Arizona.
Although Gaddy is on record saying Bradley and he are a package deal, the two prospects do not have identical school lists. Gaddy has Gonzaga, Oregon and Washington on his list, and Bradley is considering Florida, UCLA and Wake Forest - which are not on Gaddy's list.

Assuming the two are serious about playing together, Arizona, Kansas, Memphis, Texas and USC are in favorable positions.

Whichever school (or schools) lands Gaddy and Bradley will get two extremely talented five-star prospects. Gaddy, the No. 14 ranked prospect in the Rivals150, is a crafty and skilled point guard with good size. He has a great feel for running a team, can make difficult shots in the midrange and is an intelligent defender.

Bradley, the No. 17 ranked prospect in the Rivals150, is a great scorer off the dribble. He has the athleticism to attack the rim, and he is also terrific in the midrange. Not only is Bradley an impressive scorer, he is also a tenacious defender. Extremely quick laterally, Bradley can use his rangy build to lock down opposing guards.

I'm not really a fan of package deals.....just never turn out as good as they appear to be on paper.

Sometimes the better prospects in the nation aren't as active in the AAU scene as others. Some kids are focusing more on individual skill development. Someon academics. And honestly, some just already have all of the exposure that they might need.

[table][tr][td]
648349.jpg
[/td] [td]
spacer1.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
spacer1.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Roscoe Smith enjoyed a monster sophomore season, averaging over 23 points and 11 rebounds per game.[/td] [/tr][/table]One of these kids, for example, is Roscoe Smith, a sophomore from Baltimore, who pretty much meets all three ofthese criteria.

The 6-7 wing forward from Walbrook High School has cultivated quite the following from college coaches. He's got numerous offers, with even more on theway. And some programs are labeling him as their top target in the class of 2010.

"He's got offers from Florida State, Texas, Kansas, Louisville, UConn, Maryland and Georgetown," said Brian Thompson,Smith's father. "He's getting a lot of interest as well from North Carolina, Duke, Florida and Memphis," he continued.

After averaging 23.6 points, 11 rebounds and seven blocks per game as a sophomore this past season, the athletic wing was named first team All-Metro inMaryland, which is not exactly an easy feat for a mere 10th grader.

He had an open gym in April where the likes of UNC, Duke, Kansas, Texas and numerous others watched. Soon after, the offers started rolling in.

"He's certainly a top ten sort of talent," said one area assistant college coach. "Versatility, size, athleticism -- that kid has it all. Wewill certainly lobby on that front for an official visit if we can get one."

Thompson says that his son is a true student-athlete, who carries a GPA in the 3.0 range, and he's going to school every Saturday morning to help preparehim for the S.A.T exams ahead of time.

"He's going to have everything together, academically, to be ahead of schedule to play college basketball," said Thompson.

As to whether scouts and basketball media will get a sneak peak of Smith on the AAU circuit -- it's not likely. The star sophomore plans to continue towork on individual skill development with a trainer in the months ahead, as well as maintaining his focus on his schoolwork. He is invited to attend the VinceCarter Skills Academy in June as well as Lebron James' event in July where he can compete against the nation's best at the 2 and 3 positions. And thesewing positions are something that UNC is really looking to fill in the next two years.

[table][tr][td]
648351.jpg
[/td] [td]
spacer1.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
spacer1.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]UNC head coach Roy Williams has been in Baltimore in recent weeks evaluating Smith.[/td] [/tr][/table]"Carolina is a really great school," said Thompson. "It's just a wonderful thing to have a program, so rich in history and tradition,recruiting your son."

And as to how aggressive the Tar Heels are being with Smith?

"I have talked to the assistants, as well as Roy Williams,and they have definitely told me that he is the priority recruit for them. They have made it clear that they want him to be a Tar Heel. The things that Roscoewill be seeking on the next level is a coach who can help him grow. Academics are important as well, trying to get a degree. Also, helping him socially, andserving as that mentor role that I think every kid needs when they go away from home."

As to whether the athletic prospect has scheduled any visits yet -- he hasn't. But they plan to look into that in the fall.

"We'll talk more about that after the summer is over. Right now, his focus is on his S.A.T. preparation and improving his individual skills. Butwe'll try and set up some visits in the fall," said Thompson.

UConn transfer Curtis Kelly will take a visit to UNLV this weekend. He already has visited Kansas State.

Kentucky transfer Derrick Jasper is scheduled to take a visit to UNLV next weekend.

i dont see why anyone wouldnt want a 6'3 player that could shoot lights out.

and what wast he need to post that for allen?

Cause honestly at this point, we can get better talent...and he'll just be over recruited if he is one dimensional.

and what wast he need to post that for allen?
Wasn't really needed, but I would like to hear his side of the story.

ESPN's Final Top 100

[table][tr][td]
ESPN 100 - Class of 2008
1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]RANK[/td] [td]NAME[/td] [td]POS[/td] [td]HT[/td] [td]WT[/td] [td]STATE[/td] [td]GRADE[/td] [td]SCHOOL[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1[/td] [td]Brandon Jennings[/td] [td]PG[/td] [td]6'2"[/td] [td]165[/td] [td]CA[/td] [td]92[/td] [td]Arizona[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2[/td] [td]Samardo Samuels[/td] [td]C[/td] [td]6'8"[/td] [td]235[/td] [td]NJ[/td] [td]92[/td] [td]Louisville[/td] [/tr][tr][td]3[/td] [td]Tyreke Evans[/td] [td]SG[/td] [td]6'5"[/td] [td]195[/td] [td]PA[/td] [td]92[/td] [td]Memphis[/td] [/tr][tr][td]4[/td] [td]Jrue Holiday[/td] [td]SG[/td] [td]6'3"[/td] [td]180[/td] [td]CA[/td] [td]92[/td] [td]UCLA[/td] [/tr][tr][td]5[/td] [td]B.J. Mullens[/td] [td]C[/td] [td]7'0"[/td] [td]260[/td] [td]OH[/td] [td]92[/td] [td]Ohio State[/td] [/tr][tr][td]6[/td] [td]JaMychal Green[/td] [td]PF[/td] [td]6'8"[/td] [td]225[/td] [td]AL[/td] [td]92[/td] [td]Alabama[/td] [/tr][tr][td]7[/td] [td]Tyler Zeller[/td] [td]PF[/td] [td]6'11"[/td] [td]215[/td] [td]IN[/td] [td]92[/td] [td]North Carolina[/td] [/tr][tr][td]8[/td] [td]Demar DeRozan[/td] [td]SF[/td] [td]6'6"[/td] [td]200[/td] [td]CA[/td] [td]92[/td] [td]USC[/td] [/tr][tr][td]9[/td] [td]Scotty Hopson[/td] [td]SF[/td] [td]6'5"[/td] [td]185[/td] [td]KY[/td] [td]92[/td] [td]Tennessee[/td] [/tr][tr][td]10[/td] [td]Willie Warren[/td] [td]SG[/td] [td]6'4"[/td] [td]195[/td] [td]TX[/td] [td]92[/td] [td]Oklahoma[/td] [/tr][tr][td]11[/td] [td]Ed Davis[/td] [td]PF[/td] [td]6'8"[/td] [td]215[/td] [td]VA[/td] [td]92[/td] [td]North Carolina[/td] [/tr][tr][td]12[/td] [td]William Buford[/td] [td]SG[/td] [td]6'5"[/td] [td]188[/td] [td]OH[/td] [td]92[/td] [td]Ohio State[/td] [/tr][tr][td]13[/td] [td]Luke Babbitt[/td] [td]PF[/td] [td]6'7"[/td] [td]220[/td] [td]NV[/td] [td]92[/td] [td]Nevada[/td] [/tr][tr][td]14[/td] [td]Kemba Walker[/td] [td]PG[/td] [td]6'2"[/td] [td]175[/td] [td]NY[/td] [td]92[/td] [td]Connecticut[/td] [/tr][tr][td]15[/td] [td]Delvon Roe[/td] [td]PF[/td] [td]6'8"[/td] [td]220[/td] [td]OH[/td] [td]91[/td] [td]Michigan State[/td] [/tr][tr][td]16[/td] [td]Mike Rosario[/td] [td]SG[/td] [td]6'3"[/td] [td]180[/td] [td]NJ[/td] [td]91[/td] [td]Rutgers[/td] [/tr][tr][td]17[/td] [td]Al-Farouq Aminu[/td] [td]SF[/td] [td]6'9"[/td] [td]215[/td] [td]GA[/td] [td]91[/td] [td]Wake Forest[/td] [/tr][tr][td]18[/td] [td]Elliot Williams[/td] [td]SG[/td] [td]6'4"[/td] [td]180[/td] [td]TN[/td] [td]91[/td] [td]Duke[/td] [/tr][tr][td]19[/td] [td]Sylven Landesberg[/td] [td]SF[/td] [td]6'6"[/td] [td]195[/td] [td]NY[/td] [td]91[/td] [td]Virginia[/td] [/tr][tr][td]20[/td] [td]Greg Monroe[/td] [td]PF[/td] [td]6'10"[/td] [td]226[/td] [td]LA[/td] [td]91[/td] [td]Georgetown[/td] [/tr][tr][td]21[/td] [td]Howard Thompkins[/td] [td]PF[/td] [td]6'9"[/td] [td]230[/td] [td]GA[/td] [td]91[/td] [td]Georgia[/td] [/tr][tr][td]22[/td] [td]Michael Dunigan[/td] [td]C[/td] [td]6'10"[/td] [td]235[/td] [td]IL[/td] [td]91[/td] [td]Oregon[/td] [/tr][tr][td]23[/td] [td]Emmanuel Negedu[/td] [td]PF[/td] [td]6'7"[/td] [td]230[/td] [td]NH[/td] [td]91[/td] [td]None[/td] [/tr][tr][td]24[/td] [td]Drew Gordon[/td] [td]PF[/td] [td]6'9"[/td] [td]215[/td] [td]CA[/td] [td]91[/td] [td]UCLA[/td] [/tr][tr][td]25[/td] [td]Chris Singleton[/td] [td]PF[/td] [td]6'8"[/td] [td]210[/td] [td]GA[/td] [td]91[/td] [td]Florida State[/td] [/tr][/table][table][tr][td]26[/td] [td]J'Mison Morgan[/td] [td]C[/td] [td]6'10"[/td] [td]275[/td] [td]TX[/td] [td]91[/td] [td]UCLA[/td] [/tr][tr][td]27[/td] [td]Tony Woods[/td] [td]C[/td] [td]6'10"[/td] [td]210[/td] [td]GA[/td] [td]91[/td] [td]Wake Forest[/td] [/tr][tr][td]28[/td] [td]DeQuan Jones[/td] [td]SF[/td] [td]6'6"[/td] [td]190[/td] [td]GA[/td] [td]91[/td] [td]Miami (FL)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]29[/td] [td]Larry Drew[/td] [td]PG[/td] [td]6'0"[/td] [td]155[/td] [td]CA[/td] [td]91[/td] [td]North Carolina[/td] [/tr][tr][td]30[/td] [td]Yancy Gates[/td] [td]PF[/td] [td]6'9"[/td] [td]245[/td] [td]OH[/td] [td]91[/td] [td]Cincinnati[/td] [/tr][tr][td]31[/td] [td]Malcolm Lee[/td] [td]PG[/td] [td]6'4"[/td] [td]170[/td] [td]CA[/td] [td]91[/td] [td]UCLA[/td] [/tr][tr][td]32[/td] [td]Henry Sims[/td] [td]C[/td] [td]6'10"[/td] [td]225[/td] [td]MD[/td] [td]91[/td] [td]Georgetown[/td] [/tr][tr][td]33[/td] [td]Darius Miller[/td] [td]SF[/td] [td]6'7"[/td] [td]225[/td] [td]KY[/td] [td]91[/td] [td]Kentucky[/td] [/tr][tr][td]34[/td] [td]Kevin Jones[/td] [td]PF[/td] [td]6'8"[/td] [td]225[/td] [td]NY[/td] [td]91[/td] [td]West Virginia[/td] [/tr][tr][td]35[/td] [td]Nick Williams[/td] [td]SG[/td] [td]6'5"[/td] [td]205[/td] [td]AL[/td] [td]91[/td] [td]Indiana[/td] [/tr][tr][td]36[/td] [td]Draymond Green[/td] [td]PF[/td] [td]6'6"[/td] [td]225[/td] [td]MI[/td] [td]90[/td] [td]Michigan State[/td] [/tr][tr][td]37[/td] [td]Rashanti Harris[/td] [td]C[/td] [td]6'9"[/td] [td]242[/td] [td]MS[/td] [td]90[/td] [td]None[/td] [/tr][tr][td]38[/td] [td]Iman Shumpert[/td] [td]SG[/td] [td]6'4"[/td] [td]185[/td] [td]IL[/td] [td]90[/td] [td]Georgia Tech[/td] [/tr][tr][td]39[/td] [td]Terrelle Pryor[/td] [td]SF[/td] [td]6'6"[/td] [td]220[/td] [td]PA[/td] [td]90[/td] [td]None[/td] [/tr][tr][td]40[/td] [td]Sean Mosley[/td] [td]SG[/td] [td]6'5"[/td] [td]210[/td] [td]MD[/td] [td]90[/td] [td]Maryland[/td] [/tr][tr][td]41[/td] [td]Eloy Vargas[/td] [td]PF[/td] [td]6'10"[/td] [td]215[/td] [td]FL[/td] [td]90[/td] [td]Florida[/td] [/tr][tr][td]42[/td] [td]Phillip McDonald[/td] [td]SG[/td] [td]6'4"[/td] [td]180[/td] [td]TX[/td] [td]90[/td] [td]New Mexico[/td] [/tr][tr][td]43[/td] [td]Jeff Withey[/td] [td]C[/td] [td]6'11"[/td] [td]215[/td] [td]CA[/td] [td]90[/td] [td]Arizona[/td] [/tr][tr][td]44[/td] [td]Kenneth Kadji[/td] [td]C[/td] [td]6'10"[/td] [td]240[/td] [td]FL[/td] [td]90[/td] [td]Florida[/td] [/tr][tr][td]45[/td] [td]Jason Clark[/td] [td]SG[/td] [td]6'3"[/td] [td]165[/td] [td]VA[/td] [td]90[/td] [td]Georgetown[/td] [/tr][tr][td]46[/td] [td]Rayford Shipman[/td] [td]SF[/td] [td]6'5"[/td] [td]195[/td] [td]FL[/td] [td]90[/td] [td]Florida[/td] [/tr][tr][td]47[/td] [td]Miles Plumlee[/td] [td]PF[/td] [td]6'10"[/td] [td]210[/td] [td]NC[/td] [td]90[/td] [td]Duke[/td] [/tr][tr][td]48[/td] [td]Wesley Witherspoon[/td] [td]SF[/td] [td]6'8"[/td] [td]185[/td] [td]GA[/td] [td]90[/td] [td]Memphis[/td] [/tr][tr][td]49[/td] [td]Jerime Anderson[/td] [td]PG[/td] [td]6'2"[/td] [td]175[/td] [td]CA[/td] [td]90[/td] [td]UCLA[/td] [/tr][tr][td]50[/td] [td]Kris Joseph[/td] [td]SF[/td] [td]6'7"[/td] [td]210[/td] [td]DC[/td] [td]90[/td] [td]Syracuse

[/td] [/tr][/table][table][tr][td]51[/td] [td]Romero Osby[/td] [td]PF[/td] [td]6'7"[/td] [td]200[/td] [td]MS[/td] [td]90[/td] [td]Mississippi State[/td] [/tr][tr][td]52[/td] [td]Rotnei Clarke[/td] [td]PG[/td] [td]6'0"[/td] [td]170[/td] [td]OK[/td] [td]89[/td] [td]Arkansas[/td] [/tr][tr][td]53[/td] [td]Klay Thompson[/td] [td]SF[/td] [td]6'7"[/td] [td]180[/td] [td]CA[/td] [td]89[/td] [td]Washington State[/td] [/tr][tr][td]54[/td] [td]Tony Mitchell[/td] [td]SF[/td] [td]6'6"[/td] [td]185[/td] [td]GA[/td] [td]89[/td] [td]Alabama[/td] [/tr][tr][td]55[/td] [td]Kenny Frease[/td] [td]C[/td] [td]6'11"[/td] [td]245[/td] [td]OH[/td] [td]89[/td] [td]Xavier[/td] [/tr][tr][td]56[/td] [td]Quintrell Thomas[/td] [td]PF[/td] [td]6'7"[/td] [td]220[/td] [td]NJ[/td] [td]89[/td] [td]Kansas[/td] [/tr][tr][td]57[/td] [td]DeAndre Liggins[/td] [td]SF[/td] [td]6'6"[/td] [td]200[/td] [td]IL[/td] [td]89[/td] [td]Kentucky[/td] [/tr][tr][td]58[/td] [td]Ty Walker[/td] [td]C[/td] [td]7'0"[/td] [td]220[/td] [td]NC[/td] [td]89[/td] [td]Wake Forest[/td] [/tr][tr][td]59[/td] [td]Xavier Gibson[/td] [td]C[/td] [td]6'10"[/td] [td]205[/td] [td]AL[/td] [td]89[/td] [td]Florida State[/td] [/tr][tr][td]60[/td] [td]Storm Warren[/td] [td]PF[/td] [td]6'8"[/td] [td]215[/td] [td]LA[/td] [td]89[/td] [td]Louisiana State[/td] [/tr][tr][td]61[/td] [td]David Loubeau[/td] [td]PF[/td] [td]6'9"[/td] [td]210[/td] [td]FL[/td] [td]89[/td] [td]Texas A&M[/td] [/tr][tr][td]62[/td] [td]Travis Releford[/td] [td]SG[/td] [td]6'5"[/td] [td]190[/td] [td]KS[/td] [td]89[/td] [td]Kansas[/td] [/tr][tr][td]63[/td] [td]Murphy Holloway[/td] [td]SF[/td] [td]6'7"[/td] [td]215[/td] [td]SC[/td] [td]89[/td] [td]Mississippi[/td] [/tr][tr][td]64[/td] [td]Allan Chaney[/td] [td]PF[/td] [td]6'8"[/td] [td]220[/td] [td]CT[/td] [td]89[/td] [td]Florida[/td] [/tr][tr][td]65[/td] [td]Anthony Jones[/td] [td]SF[/td] [td]6'9"[/td] [td]185[/td] [td]TX[/td] [td]89[/td] [td]Baylor[/td] [/tr][tr][td]66[/td] [td]Chris Braswell[/td] [td]PF[/td] [td]6'8"[/td] [td]220[/td] [td]MD[/td] [td]89[/td] [td]Georgetown[/td] [/tr][tr][td]67[/td] [td]Mookie Jones[/td] [td]SF[/td] [td]6'6"[/td] [td]190[/td] [td]NY[/td] [td]89[/td] [td]Syracuse[/td] [/tr][tr][td]68[/td] [td]Paul Williams[/td] [td]SG[/td] [td]6'2"[/td] [td]200[/td] [td]MI[/td] [td]89[/td] [td]Dayton[/td] [/tr][tr][td]69[/td] [td]Jeff Taylor[/td] [td]SF[/td] [td]6'7"[/td] [td]190[/td] [td]NM[/td] [td]89[/td] [td]Vanderbilt[/td] [/tr][tr][td]70[/td] [td]Dashan Harris[/td] [td]PG[/td] [td]6'1"[/td] [td]170[/td] [td]FL[/td] [td]88[/td] [td]Texas A&M[/td] [/tr][tr][td]71[/td] [td]Elston Turner Jr.[/td] [td]SG[/td] [td]6'4"[/td] [td]190[/td] [td]TX[/td] [td]88[/td] [td]Washington[/td] [/tr][tr][td]72[/td] [td]Angel Garcia[/td] [td]PF[/td] [td]6'10"[/td] [td]210[/td] [td]IN[/td] [td]88[/td] [td]Memphis[/td] [/tr][tr][td]73[/td] [td]Scott Suggs[/td] [td]SG[/td] [td]6'6"[/td] [td]185[/td] [td]MO[/td] [td]88[/td] [td]Washington[/td] [/tr][tr][td]74[/td] [td].J. Seeley[/td] [td]SG[/td] [td]6'3"[/td] [td]180[/td] [td]CA[/td] [td]88[/td] [td]California[/td] [/tr][tr][td]75[/td] [td]Erving Walker[/td] [td]PG[/td] [td]5'6"[/td] [td]160[/td] [td]NY[/td] [td]88[/td] [td]Florida[/td] [/tr][/table][table][tr][td]76[/td] [td]Cashmere Wright[/td] [td]PG[/td] [td]5'11"[/td] [td]150[/td] [td]GA[/td] [td]88[/td] [td]Cincinnati[/td] [/tr][tr][td]77[/td] [td]John Brandenburg[/td] [td]C[/td] [td]6'11"[/td] [td]225[/td] [td]MO[/td] [td]88[/td] [td]Virginia[/td] [/tr][tr][td]78[/td] [td]Korie Lucious[/td] [td]PG[/td] [td]5'10"[/td] [td]165[/td] [td]WI[/td] [td]88[/td] [td]Michigan State[/td] [/tr][tr][td]79[/td] [td]Demetri Goodson[/td] [td]PG[/td] [td]5'11"[/td] [td]160[/td] [td]TX[/td] [td]88[/td] [td]Gonzaga[/td] [/tr][tr][td]80[/td] [td]Anthony Booker[/td] [td]PF[/td] [td]6'8"[/td] [td]210[/td] [td]MO[/td] [td]87[/td] [td]Southern Illinois[/td] [/tr][tr][td]81[/td] [td]Nasir Robinson[/td] [td]SF[/td] [td]6'4"[/td] [td]215[/td] [td]PA[/td] [td]87[/td] [td]Pittsburgh[/td] [/tr][tr][td]82[/td] [td]Roscoe Davis[/td] [td]PF[/td] [td]6'10"[/td] [td]215[/td] [td]MD[/td] [td]87[/td] [td]West Virginia[/td] [/tr][tr][td]83[/td] [td]Terrance Henry[/td] [td]PF[/td] [td]6'9"[/td] [td]185[/td] [td]LA[/td] [td]87[/td] [td]Mississippi[/td] [/tr][tr][td]84[/td] [td]Lance Goulbourne[/td] [td]SF[/td] [td]6'8"[/td] [td]190[/td] [td]NJ[/td] [td]87[/td] [td]Vanderbilt[/td] [/tr][tr][td]85[/td] [td]Tom Pritchard[/td] [td]PF[/td] [td]6'8"[/td] [td]230[/td] [td]OH[/td] [td]87[/td] [td]Indiana[/td] [/tr][tr][td]86[/td] [td]Tyshawn Taylor[/td] [td]PG[/td] [td]6'2"[/td] [td]185[/td] [td]NJ[/td] [td]87[/td] [td]Kansas[/td] [/tr][tr][td]87[/td] [td]Olek Czyz[/td] [td]PF[/td] [td]6'8"[/td] [td]235[/td] [td]NV[/td] [td]87[/td] [td]Duke[/td] [/tr][tr][td]88[/td] [td]Anthony Crater[/td] [td]PG[/td] [td]6'1"[/td] [td]170[/td] [td]NH[/td] [td]87[/td] [td]Ohio State[/td] [/tr][tr][td]89[/td] [td]Andrew Steele[/td] [td]SG[/td] [td]6'3"[/td] [td]195[/td] [td]AL[/td] [td]87[/td] [td]Alabama[/td] [/tr][tr][td]90[/td] [td]Darryl Bryant[/td] [td]PG[/td] [td]6'1"[/td] [td]190[/td] [td]NY[/td] [td]87[/td] [td]West Virginia[/td] [/tr][tr][td]91[/td] [td]Phillip Jurick[/td] [td]C[/td] [td]6'10"[/td] [td]255[/td] [td]TN[/td] [td]87[/td] [td]Tennessee[/td] [/tr][tr][td]92[/td] [td]Mark McLaughlin[/td] [td]SG[/td] [td]6'4"[/td] [td]180[/td] [td]WA[/td] [td]86[/td] [td]Nevada[/td] [/tr][tr][td]93[/td] [td]Brad Tinsley[/td] [td]PG[/td] [td]6'3"[/td] [td]190[/td] [td]OR[/td] [td]86[/td] [td]Vanderbilt[/td] [/tr][tr][td]94[/td] [td]Reggie Jackson[/td] [td]SG[/td] [td]6'3"[/td] [td]165[/td] [td]CO[/td] [td]86[/td] [td]Boston College[/td] [/tr][tr][td]95[/td] [td]Terrico White[/td] [td]SG[/td] [td]6'5"[/td] [td]205[/td] [td]TN[/td] [td]86[/td] [td]Mississippi[/td] [/tr][tr][td]96[/td] [td]Renaldo Woolridge[/td] [td]SF[/td] [td]6'8"[/td] [td]200[/td] [td]CA[/td] [td]86[/td] [td]Tennessee[/td] [/tr][tr][td]97[/td] [td]Jeremy Green[/td] [td]SG[/td] [td]6'4"[/td] [td]185[/td] [td]TX[/td] [td]86[/td] [td]Stanford[/td] [/tr][tr][td]98[/td] [td]Scottie Haralson[/td] [td]SG[/td] [td]6'4"[/td] [td]190[/td] [td]MS[/td] [td]86[/td] [td]Connecticut[/td] [/tr][tr][td]99[/td] [td]Matt Gatens[/td] [td]SG[/td] [td]6'5"[/td] [td]205[/td] [td]IA[/td] [td]86[/td] [td]Iowa[/td] [/tr][tr][td]100[/td] [td]Mike Harthun[/td] [td]SG[/td] [td]6'2"[/td] [td]160[/td] [td]OR[/td] [td]86[/td] [td]Washington State[/td] [/tr][/table]

Monroe at 20
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Kevin Jones = Star.

Huggy bear is bringing in some big time talent down there.

With more Division I teams than ever, attendance at NCAA basketball games topped the 35 million mark for the first time this past season despite a slight decrease in the average attendance per game (5,524, down 24 from 2006-07).

The Big Ten led the way for the 32nd year with an average of 12,978 fans per game. The Big 12 was the only conference in the country to post record attendance, averaging 10,995 to best the year-old mark of 10,719.

Conference USA had the biggest attendance jump of any league, averaging 717 more fans per game. Memphis, not surprisingly, led the league (16,748) to rank 10th nationally. The Tigers provided the conference's biggest boost, drawing 2,221 more fans to FedEx Forum than they did in 2006-07. It was the fourth-largest jump of any school in the country.

C-USA also got an attendance spark from UCF, which opened a new arena. The Knights had the fifth-largest spike of any school with an average attendance of 4,891, up 2,185 from 2006-07.

Only three teams did better year over year than the two C-USA schools: USC, Georgetown and Davidson. Winning does tend to put people in the seats.

The WAC had the biggest attendance drop-off with an average loss of 920 fans per game.

�[table][tr][td]PACKING THEM IN[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2008 NCAA Division I men's basketball attendance team leaders:[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Rank, school[/td] [td]G[/td] [td]Attendance[/td] [td]Average[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1. Kentucky[/td] [td]18[/td] [td]405,964[/td] [td]22,554[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2. North Carolina[/td] [td]16[/td] [td]327,953[/td] [td]20,497[/td] [/tr][tr][td]3. Syracuse[/td] [td]22[/td] [td]447,587[/td] [td]20,345[/td] [/tr][tr][td]4. Tennessee[/td] [td]16[/td] [td]324,274[/td] [td]20,267[/td] [/tr][tr][td]5. Louisville[/td] [td]17[/td] [td]331,184[/td] [td]19,481[/td] [/tr][tr][td]6. Maryland[/td] [td]19[/td] [td]341,050[/td] [td]17,950[/td] [/tr][tr][td]7. Wisconsin[/td] [td]18[/td] [td]309,420[/td] [td]17,190[/td] [/tr][tr][td]8. Arkansas[/td] [td]16[/td] [td]274,360[/td] [td]17,148[/td] [/tr][tr][td]9. Indiana[/td] [td]19[/td] [td]320,641[/td] [td]16,876[/td] [/tr][tr][td]10. Memphis[/td] [td]21[/td] [td]351,718[/td] [td]16,748[/td] [/tr][/table][table][tr][td]Largest Division I men's basketball average attendance increase from previous year:[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Rank, school[/td] [td]G[/td] [td]07-08 avg.[/td] [td]06-07 avg.[/td] [td]Diff.[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1. USC[/td] [td]15[/td] [td]8,468[/td] [td]5,798[/td] [td]2,670[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2. Georgetown[/td] [td]16[/td] [td]12,955[/td] [td]10,441[/td] [td]2,514[/td] [/tr][tr][td]3. Davidson[/td] [td]14[/td] [td]6,214[/td] [td]3,721[/td] [td]2,493[/td] [/tr][tr][td][/td] [/tr][tr][td]4. Memphis[/td] [td]21[/td] [td]16,748[/td] [td]14,527[/td] [td]2,221[/td] [/tr][tr][td]5. UCF[/td] [td]16[/td] [td]4,891[/td] [td]2,706[/td] [td]2,185[/td] [/tr][tr][td]6. Ole Miss[/td] [td]18[/td] [td]7,301[/td] [td]5,406[/td] [td]1,895[/td] [/tr][tr][td]7. Colorado[/td] [td]15[/td] [td]5,161[/td] [td]3,324[/td] [td]1,837[/td] [/tr][tr][td]8. Temple[/td] [td]14[/td] [td]6,117[/td] [td]4,312[/td] [td]1,805[/td] [/tr][tr][td]9. Montana St.[/td] [td]14[/td] [td]4,768[/td] [td]3,024[/td] [td]1,744[/td] [/tr][tr][td]10. Cornell[/td] [td]13[/td] [td]2,957[/td] [td]1,340[/td] [td]1,617[/td] [/tr][/table]

Monroe at 20
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Honestly though, do the rankings even matter? I think a lot of people will agree that Monroe is a top talent in this class, and Georgetown is very lucky tohave him. One thing I've learned the last few years...the rankings don't mean anything. A&M's one 5-star recruit was a joke (Deandre). I'dmuch rather have his 3-star and 4-star counterparts (Bryan Davis, Joe Jones, Chinemelu Elonu). It's all about the coaching, and with JTIII, I don'tthink you need to worry about recruits' rankings.

Nah, I really don't care...but ESPN should be embarrassed to have him that low. I'm not sayin he's the top player...but at the absolute least,he's top 10.

That's just off of what those on the list have accomplished thus far in HS or Summer time + their potential

I'm always down for shooters...so if homie can shoot like I've heard then I wouldn't mind him at all. You won't be able to stockpile your teamup with all 5 stars anyway because eventually someone is going to feel salty about not getting their shine. You need a couple 3 star recruits...especially onesthat have a specific skill...and shooting is the most important skill there is on the floor imo. We aint really got no lights out shooters anyway. If I see youup there ill holla.

This is the first recruit I honestly have no clue what in the hell is going on with Georgetown? What interest would Hoyas have in a guy who was sent home from Oak Hill where you basically have to pass "breathing 101" to stay there--you can do just about anything off the court and stay--and Story was sent home prior to season. He's a one dimensional player--and while that dimension is something III covets--I can't see him taking a guy like this into the program--with all of the movement Hoyas have had-this guy has proven--he'll jump if he doesn't like how it's going. Who in the hell is he going to beat out for playing time? He'd be gone in a year and I dont' trust him to keep his grades up to avoid losing a scholarship.

Best thing about his visit--the program still hasn't offered. This one is beyond strange. I know Hoyas like to operate in a covert manner when it comes to recruiting--but Story is someone USC didn't want the day Brandon Jennings de-committed from them. He left Artesia to go to Oak Hill--with Jennings--and no matter how talented Brandon Jennings is--I'd want no part of that clown.
Whomever is pushing for this--needs to be brought into III's office because if it was III--the offer would've been given already. Let's bring in a 6'3 spot shooter who is best friends with a total clown, got thrown out of Oak Hill, and wasn't eligible to play at Ribet Academy. Yikes.

I remember back in 04 people thought JT3 was out of his mind letting Jon Wallace on the team...let alone making him the starting point guard. Thesummer before that season during the Kenner League people thought he was friend of someone on the team and thats why he was playing with the rest of the Gtownfrosh. So I trust JT3 and my man D. Cox judgement when it comes to recruiting.

Originally Posted by tmay407

Monroe at 20
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Honestly though, do the rankings even matter? I think a lot of people will agree that Monroe is a top talent in this class, and Georgetown is very lucky to have him. One thing I've learned the last few years...the rankings don't mean anything. A&M's one 5-star recruit was a joke (Deandre). I'd much rather have his 3-star and 4-star counterparts (Bryan Davis, Joe Jones, Chinemelu Elonu). It's all about the coaching, and with JTIII, I don't think you need to worry about recruits' rankings.

That joke is going to be lottery pick and all he needed was coaching dfrom Gillepsie and he would have looked better. Dude's just mad raw but he'sgonna be a star soon like J'Oneal type impact.

You won't be able to stockpile your team up with all 5 stars anyway because eventually someone is going to feel salty about not getting their shine. You need a couple 3 star recruits...
True, and I'm not against this, I'm indifferent. If he brings something to table and is a contributor for 4 years, great.

But so for with : Thornton, Spann, Egerson, Rivers.....

I'm a little skeptical. Josh was a lights out shooter, but couldn't find the floor and left.

My real question would be..
IF we are gona go after a kid late to add depth for next year....why not Gus Gilhcrist? More is help needed up front..

Back
Top Bottom