College Basketball "off-season" Thread (players leaving/coaching changes/recruiting)

Originally Posted by wildKYcat

^ damn son, where you been?
On vacation in NY/NJ/Conn./ and Boston...

I went to Fenway (I wanted to throw up) but i'll tell y'all dudes the whole story once I get to a computer...

Originally Posted by dreClark

Nice work Ty
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Word to JJ last year...

And Roscoe, just come to Durham...You know you want to...

Why would he want to do something dumb like that?
I like that it says Roy told him he was our top priority...

I went to Fenway (I wanted to throw up) but i'll tell y'all dudes the whole story once I get to a computer...
I coulda showed the city how it's supposed to be seen Dre..

Fenway is not it
laugh.gif
sick.gif

I'd take Gus over dude...no doubt. We need another BIG for this season but it's politics going on with Gus and I don't know if we'd actually beable to get him

As for Josh...he would have played last year and he knew that...but he had a few friends on the team...alot of dudes didn't mess with him because of hispretty boy attitude and he let his people get in his head and made him believe he could be one of the nations top scorers at Towson.

We need another BIG for this season but it's politics going on with Gus and I don't know if we'd actually be able to get him
Yeah, seems like he wants to be the man...and once Greg committed...he wanted no part of coming and competing.

Another favorite of mine for 09..

une 4, 2008 - Once again, i95Ballerz.com's Southeast/Mid-South Editor and Hunstville, AL media personality Ivan McDowell assists the HoyaNation, this time supplying information on Class of 2009 shooting guard Leslie McDonald's play in the Bob Hussey Memorial Day Classic (MDC). McDowellwas gracious enough to expand on his thoughts on McDonald, which have been published in short evaluation form by i95Ballerz.com.

"He's just smooth" said McDowell of McDonald, who participated in MDC action with his Memphis, TN based team, YOMCA. "He still has thatkiller mid-range game".

[table][tr][td]
spacer1.gif
[/td] [td]
648119.jpg
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]McDowell[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
spacer1.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Ivan McDowell puts Leslie McDonald (here) in high company indeed.[/td] [/tr][/table]"He's more consistent then he was last summer, shooting beyond the arch" continuedMcDowell, who has attended the Memorial Day Classic for i95Ballerz.com the past three consecutive years. "In his defense last summer when I saw him he washurt, he mentioned some shin splints and ankle problems. He looked a lot fresher and stronger going to the basket this year".

Though McDowell opined "Clearly the mid-range game is what he excels in", the radio host and newspaper/web sportswriter continued "I think hehas a complete game to be honest with you" before later noting "I didn't see him take it to the rack on a consistent basis, but he did that morethan last year. Don't think he' just a shooter he's an athlete and can get to the rack. If he works on his handle, he could possibly be a pointguard".

When asked if McDonald's silky smooth mid-range game forces comparisons to Austin Freeman, the former McDonald All-American and current rising sophomoreHoya standout, McDowell responded "I can relate him to Austin Freeman but Austin is so thick and powerful" before noting "Leslie isslimmer".

Who is he more comfortable comparing McDonald, a Memphis native with? "I probably would relate him to Sleepy Floyd" said McDowell. "Leslie isprobably six-foot-four inches and close to 200 pounds, but is like Sleepy in relation to his mid-range jumper. That ability to slide in, knife in, isreminiscent of Sleepy…The ability to get their shot".

True praise indeed, given Floyd's illustrious Georgetown career (the program's leader in points, and second in steals) and subsequent work in theNational Basketball
Association, a comparison McDowell is firm in giving.

"You can see why high major programs are after the guy" he stated of McDonald, who has been reportedly offered a scholarship to and is consideringGeorgetown, Memphis, North Carolina, Ohio State, Tennessee, and Duke. "He can shoot, handle, has good size, and reportedly has great grades. Gets his shotwhenever he wants to, and it goes down with regularity".

Prob will go to; Memphis, Tenn, UNC or Duke. (most likely one of the two latter)

St. Johns is back

[table][tr][td]
Saint%20Johns.gif
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]Phil Wait[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]Saint Johns[/td] [/tr][/table][table][tr][td]
[/td] [/tr][/table][table][tr][td]
[/td] [/tr][/table][table][tr][td] [table][tr][td] [table][tr][td][font=Verdana, Arial]
7584.jpg
[/font][/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [/tr][/table][table][tr][td] Player Bio[/td] [/tr][/table][table][tr][td]Position: C[/td] [td]HT/WT: 7-1/265[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Year: Prep[/td] [td]Status: Verbal[/td] [/tr][tr][td]High School(s): Andover-Proctor Academy[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Prep School(s): Gran Canaria Academy[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Prep Graduation Year: 2008[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Home: Manchester, England[/td] [/tr][/table][table][tr][td]
[/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [td] [table][tr][td]Prep Rankings[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Scout Hoops[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Rivals Hoops[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Hoopmasters[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Hoop Scoop[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Consensus Index[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [td] [table][tr][td] Player Search
First or last name of requested player[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [/tr][/table]

Originally Posted by Al3xis

I coulda showed the city how it's supposed to be seen Dre..

Fenway is not it
laugh.gif
sick.gif

Nah bruh,

I was only up there for the game. My uncle works for ESPN and they were doing the game. And *+#%, I aint even know you was from Boston.....
laugh.gif

Oh yeah...Welcome back to The Red Storm
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
roll.gif

Not originally, but in and out of there..you at least get a 50 cent soda in NY?

As summer approaches, the UConn men's basketball coaching staff is already planning for next season.

Right now that plan includes Stanley Robinson, who is expected to play a prominent role. His status, however, has been the subject of persistent rumors.

Coach Jim Calhoun said Friday that the junior-to-be is still part of the basketball program but has work to do to remain at UConn.

"He's got some things that he's got to prove to us much the same as, quite frankly, Curtis (Kelly) and Doug (Wiggins)," Calhoun said."Right now Stanley is in the process of (determining) if he wants to be part of the program. It's the same package as the other kids with acombination of academics and social, and being on time and being dedicated to the program.

"He has time to show us that he wants to do the things that we asked him to do. There is an opportunity. He certainly could have a UConn uniform onagain."

Originally Posted by lnMyMind

St. Johns is back

[table][tr][td]
Saint%20Johns.gif
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]Phil Wait[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]Saint Johns[/td] [/tr][/table][table][tr][td]
[/td] [/tr][/table][table][tr][td] [table][tr][td] [table][tr][td][font=Verdana, Arial]
7584.jpg
[/font][/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [/tr][/table][table][tr][td]Player Bio[/td] [/tr][/table][table][tr][td]Position: C[/td] [td]HT/WT: 7-1/265[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Year: Prep[/td] [td]Status: Verbal[/td] [/tr][tr][td]High School(s): Andover-Proctor Academy[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Prep School(s): Gran Canaria Academy[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Prep Graduation Year: 2008[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Home: Manchester, England[/td] [/tr][/table][table][tr][td]
[/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [td] [table][tr][td]Prep Rankings[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Scout Hoops[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Rivals Hoops[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Hoopmasters[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Hoop Scoop[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Consensus Index[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [td] [table][tr][td]Player Search
First or last name of requested player[/td] [/tr][tr][td][/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [/tr][/table]
Don't antagonize me, I watched the kid play briefly when he was on his visit and he is a white stiff. Look for plenty of posters over his 4 years.And to top it off while watching him I saw him miss like 6 straight bunnies.
indifferent.gif
How we're just giving anybody that can slightly walk a scholarship.

Originally Posted by Al3xis

Not originally, but in and out of there..you at least get a 50 cent soda in NY?

As summer approaches, the UConn men's basketball coaching staff is already planning for next season.

Right now that plan includes Stanley Robinson, who is expected to play a prominent role. His status, however, has been the subject of persistent rumors.

Coach Jim Calhoun said Friday that the junior-to-be is still part of the basketball program but has work to do to remain at UConn.

"He's got some things that he's got to prove to us much the same as, quite frankly, Curtis (Kelly) and Doug (Wiggins)," Calhoun said. "Right now Stanley is in the process of (determining) if he wants to be part of the program. It's the same package as the other kids with a combination of academics and social, and being on time and being dedicated to the program.

"He has time to show us that he wants to do the things that we asked him to do. There is an opportunity. He certainly could have a UConn uniform on again."

Hell yeah. I been was in NY from last Thursday until today. I had enough 50 cent sodas and Pizza...
laugh.gif

He is 49 years old now and maybe is content now...but...

After Siena makes at least the Sweet 16 this year, SJU should try to hire Fran McCaffrey

Originally Posted by worldbeefreeg

I've given up on St. Johns basketball. It is dead.

It won't be dead unless they make word on their 5 year extension with Roberts and keep him on after we win 12 games next year. I'd take the Sienacoach here in a heartbeat Allen, but I think if he has a hell of a year next year he is going to cost too much for the administration.
indifferent.gif
When will they relize that they aren't a small d2 school and a prettywealthy instituion? Anyways the next coach is going to have to be moderately priced and a young up and comer.

He'll be back tho...

Unlike Kelly and Wiggins, Calhoun needs him...but by addressing it publicly Calhoun can look like he's laying down the law...

That's how he operates.

I guess they'd be straight with just price( long island
pimp.gif
) / adrien / thabeet.
No we wouldn't, trust me. We need that meathead. He's too versatile on both ends of the floor and our most athletic player.

Since there hasnt been much pac 10 noise....

Zona has the best sleeper of this class in Kyle Fogg.....him and BJ this year will be NICE

Originally Posted by Ecook0808

Since there hasnt been much pac 10 noise....

Zona has the best sleeper of this class in Kyle Fogg.....him and BJ this year will be NICE

BJ gotta get into school first....Resolve them damn test scores...

I'm kinda hoping Brandon Jennings gets his problems resolved. I wanna see him live in Reed Arena next year when the Wildcats visit A&M.

From what I've been reading, it looks more and more likely that Jamont Gordon will not be returning to Mississippi State for his senior year... regardlessof what happens in the draft. If true, we'll be a pretty young team once again.

Lawson's workout was canceled by Denver today. If he holds on his top 20 guarantee, then it is possible that Lawson will be playing ball in Chapel Hillagain. Also, Danny Green will probably pull out of the draft after suffering some injuries in Orlando.

Not much info has been said on Leslie McDonald's visit to both UNC and dook this weekend. However, I have heard rumors that UNC was the leader prior to thevisit, but I highly doubt a commitment would happen on the visit.

Also, interesting that Abdul Gaddy made the trip out to Winston Salem to participate in the CP3 ELite backcourt skills camp. I believe he was the highest ratedprospect there and also the most impressive from reports.

Originally Posted by I Wear Sneakers

I guess they'd be straight with just price( long island
pimp.gif
) / adrien / thabeet.
But we dont know how long it will take for AJ to 100%, but Stanley is key, he is easily one of the most athletic players in the country and is a toughmatchup for some squads at the 3, dude is necessary to try and get a BE title next year

Back
Top Bottom