College Basketball "off-season" Thread (players leaving/coaching changes/recruiting)

First recruit is in. Kid is a beast. Solomon Hill probably soon to follow.

First2009 commit is in
[h1]First 2009 commit is in[/h1]
Josh Gershon
GOAZCATS.com Senior Editor

Talk about it in Premium Hoops Suite: Inside McKale
[table][tr][td]
GREGSMITH2_7150.JPG
[/td] [td]
spacer1.gif
[/td] [/tr][/table]Arizona has landed its first 2009 recruit, as 6-foot-8, 220-pound Vallejo (Calif.) Bethel power forward Greg Smith has committed to Arizona.

Smith got off the phone with the UA coaches minutes ago and told them that he would be a Wildcat. He then notified GOAZCATS.com that he committed to Arizona.

His uncle, Stephen Shelley, also confirmed the commitment.

"He just called me and told me that he committed to the University of Arizona," Shelley said.

Smith is Rivals.com's 34th ranked prospect in the 2009 class and 7th best center. He chose Arizona over offers from Oregon, Fresno State, Florida, Kansas,Memphis and others.

GOAZCATS.com will have much more on Greg Smith's commitment shortly.

Originally Posted by SCuse7

Originally Posted by DaComeUP

Originally Posted by Ecook0808

LOL Im a chucker hahaha...and please son I was never the best player on SCA EVER. Since you got such a great knowledge of my game, who are you and who do u play 4???

Enough about me, A.Steve picked UCLA today I hear...
That isn't even important. I've seen you enough on the circuit and I know your game. Good luck at IU and in the future. Now back to the thread.

Well don't talk about him like you know him and not say who you are. That is stalker %%+%.
I said that I've seen him play a few times. I don't know how that makes me a stalker. It isn't really that serious everyone is entitled toan opinion, and me telling him who I would wouldn't do anything haha. He wouldn't know the name if he saw it.

A video from a UNC Basketball Camp game between Current UNC Players and Former UNC Players for all that are interested can be seen here: http://gallery.mac.com/benlora#100341

Current Team: Ty, Will Graves, Hansbrough, Ginyard, and Thompson all started with Ed Davis, Tyler Zeller, Justin Watts, and Marc Campbell all getting someburn.

Former Team: Stackhouse, Jackie Manuel, Jawad Williams, Melvin Scott, and Byron Sanders started with Jessey Holley and Donald Williams getting some time.

The Former Team won 81-78. There were two 20 minute halves and first team to 80 won.

Former Team: Stackhouse, Jackie Manuel, Jawad Williams, Melvin Scott, and Byron Sanders started with Jessey Holley and Donald Williams getting some time.
Damn, they covered both ends of the spectrum with this squad
laugh.gif

Current team looked like it played pretty sloppy. Plus they were missing out on Wayne and DG, but there is no reason why they lost to the b-list 05 team +Stackhouse.

They were tied at 78 for a number of possessions before Jackie Manuel of all people hit a 3 to win the game
laugh.gif

It looked like Stack could have scored at will if he felt like it but didn't try to takeover.

I would want this clown nowhere near my program
"For a person that plays ball, our dream is to get to the N.B.A.," Jennings said. "College is like, O.K., we'll do this one year, but our real mind-set is that we're trying to get to the league, take care of our families. They're making us do college so we feel like, Let's do one year, go to class half the time."

laugh.gif
You know all of them are thinking it, but how dense does this kid have to be to actually say it publicly?

Originally Posted by Al3xis

"For a person that plays ball, our dream is to get to the N.B.A.," Jennings said. "College is like, O.K., we'll do this one year, but our real mind-set is that we're trying to get to the league, take care of our families. They're making us do college so we feel like, Let's do one year, go to class half the time."

eek.gif
eek.gif

Can't believe he actually said it....
roll.gif

minus the half class thing, dude is keeping it 100. lets be real, the man speaks the truth. NO where near your program, please, wanting players to bepolitically correct about a common known fact. I would have advised against saying
eyes.gif
, but watch the millions Arizona or whatever program accepts will make.

Also,

The kid is extremely arrogant to try Europe.

The teams are much better than he must think.

What top Euro League team would want to sign this kid to a ONE year deal....and a kid that has a lot to learn on how to play the right way.

He thinks the game of basketball needs him.

Umm it seems like your salty because that is the most truthful and honest comment coming from a player I heard in a minute. Bobby Knight even said thatthe 1 year rule was the worst thing to ever happen to college ball because it forces kids who have no interest in going to college to go there. BrandonJennings is a ball player not a student and for a university, a place of scholasticism to accept a student who has no intention of graduating is a travesty. Jennings is speaking the truth.

I'm saying..

I would not want that kid committed to my program and then coming out and actually saying it.

What do I care, I'm not part of the NCAA, G'Town never recruited the kid, I could care less what he says/does...

But so far into his career, the kid is looking really dumb.

Patrick Patterson - Kentucky

In a couple weeks, sophomore Patrick Patterson is set to remove his post-surgery boot and get back on track to leading the Wildcats to the 2009 NCAA Tournament.

758_Patrick_Patterson_01.jpg

The offers keep rolling in for 2010 prospect Roscoe Smith, and some heavy hitters have been on the phone with the6-foot-7, 185-pound small forward from Baltimore (Md.) Walbrook High School.

[table][tr][td]
ROSCOESMITH5_7200.JPG
[/td] [td]
spacer1.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
spacer1.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Smith's phone has been ringing.[/td] [/tr][/table]Beginning last June 15, coaches have been able to call prospects in the 2010 class, and Smith has been busy answering his phone.

"Coach Gillispie from Kentucky called and offered Roscoe," said Smith's father Brian Thompson. "Seth Greenberg from Virginia Tech alsocalled with an offer."

These two coaches aren't the only head coaches who have called Smith in recent days. He has also fielded calls from Bill Self of Kansas, John Thompson, IIIof Georgetown, Roy Williams of North Carolina, Gary Williams of Maryland, Billy Donovan of Florida and Mike Krzyzewski of Duke.

"Coach K called on Monday," said Thompson. "He said he wanted to call earlier but he's busy with his USA Basketball responsibilities. He wasactually getting on a plane and wanted Roscoe to know that they have a strong interest in him."

Kentucky and Virginia Tech join Connecticut, Florida State, Georgetown, Kansas, Louisville, Maryland, Texas and Texas A&M as schools who have offeredSmith.

Back
Top Bottom