College Basketball "off-season" Thread (players leaving/coaching changes/recruiting)

Na don't get me wrong.

That concerns me, I can't say I really understand it...especially when Va Tech gets mentioned
laugh.gif

Who knows...maybe something has happened. Can't see JT3 backing off of him tho.

And he's planning to commit before the fall, and rather soon...and if he holds to that yall should like your chances..with Dawkins just going there.

we'll see.

A poster on the UNC boards is saying Hairston will end up at Duke. This cat is usually on point with things coming out of the DC area, but take it for whatit's worth.

Originally Posted by JND1

A poster on the UNC boards is saying Hairston will end up at Duke. This cat is usually on point with things coming out of the DC area, but take it for what it's worth.

I hope you're right.....i'm reading that Duke will also have more recruits visiting the school in the next few weeks

65 Jordan Sibert Cincinnati (OH) Princeton G 6-3/180

My high school teammate this year. Watch out for the kid he is going to be BIG TIME. I look for him to climb the rankings easily.

Originally Posted by lnMyMind

There aint 7 people in '10 better than Brandon Knight...I refuse to believe that

Agreed. That kid is/will be really damn good. A lot of people i know who have played with him says he's better than Kenny right now

Hairston will be playing his college ball in Durham, NC...mark it down. As for Boynton, I'm watching this situation very closely...he's always been ahuge fan of duke and had a terrific visit this past tuesday, but I won't really rest until he signs on the dotted line. If he and Jamil Wilson pull thetrigger, duke will finally have athletes we've been missing since 2002...and

(gasp) Post depth?

Originally Posted by Ricardo Malta

I hope you're right.....i'm reading that Duke will also have more recruits visiting the school in the next few weeks
WE BACK FEMALE DOGS!
pimp.gif

You won't be back until you guys can get out of the Sweet 16.

Insert St. John's joke here _________________

June 27, 2008
[h1]Freeman's weight not a concern for Hoyas[/h1]
Bob McClellan
Rivals.com College Basketball Editor

Georgetown's John Thompson III isn't really sure how much rising sophomore guard Austin Freeman weighs.

He doesn't particularly care, either. As long as the player remains productive, the coach will be happy.
[table][tr][td]
1209-GTAUSFREEMAN_250.JPG
[/td] [td]
spacer1.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
spacer1.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Georgetown's Austin Freeman showed up at a camp 31 pounds heavier than he was listed as weighting last season.[/td] [/tr][/table]Thompson isn't concerned that Freeman - a former five-star prospect - suddenly has ballooned this summer. The 6-foot-4 Freeman weighed in at 241 pounds at the Nike Paul Pierce Skills Academy in Los Angeles, 25 pounds more than any other collegiate wing who attended and 31 pounds over his listed weight on the Hoyas' official Web site.
"You caused me to look at my Web site for the first time in 10 months," Thompson told Rivals.com Thursday. "In looking at it, what I think happened is whatever intern did it put Austin's weight in next to Nikita Mescheriakov. He (Mescheriakov) is listed at 241 on the Web site and he's not close to that."

In fact, Mescheriakov and DaJuan Summers are both listed at 241 on the Internet site. In last season's Georgetown media guide, Freeman is listed at 220, Mescheriakov at 205 and Summers at 240.

"I didn't know he was at that weight (241), but I don't know any of them," Thompson said. "I knew he was in that range.

"There's no concern about his weight. No, he hasn't put on 30 pounds. All I'm told his he played very well there (at the Pierce camp), and that's what matters to me."

Freeman averaged 9.1 points and 3.0 rebounds last season. He shot 51.3 percent, including 40 percent from 3-point range (40 of 100).

With the departures of leading scorer Roy Hibbert (13.4 ppg) and third-leading scorer Jonathan Wallace (10.7 ppg), the Hoyas want to see Freeman expand his scoring role, regardless of whether his waistline expands.

And.....Jordan Crawford to Xavier????
nerd.gif

And.....Jordan Crawford to Xavier????
nerd.gif

Word around Cincy is that Xaiver has a great shot at him. He almost chose Xaiver the first time around. However, X doesn't have any scholarshipsand they just brought in a slew of guards.

KU vs UCLA?: Adam Zagoria of zagsblog.net writes that KU will begin a home-and-home series with UCLA in 2009-10.
KU senior associate athletic director Larry Keating, who is charge of the Jayhawks' scheduling, said if that series happens, it'd be part of the Big12/Pac 10 Hardwood Challenge series.

"We'd like to play them," Keating said of the Bruins. "We've talked in general about it with them in the past. We play Arizona this year(in the challenge) and will get a new opponent the following year (in Challenge). The schools talk, the leagues talk, and TV is involved (in making attractivematchups)."

ATHENS, Ga. - Georgia coach Dennis Felton has dismissed Billy Humphrey from the team following Humphrey's third arrest in less than a year.

The 20-year-old Humphrey was charged with DUI, failure to maintain his lane and the underage purchase of alcohol and taken to the Gwinnett County jail earlyTuesday.

Felton announced Friday that Humphrey, a rising senior who was the team's second-leading scorer last season, was dismissed from the team.

"I am disappointed in Billy," Felton said. "We've worked really hard with him in the past to see that he succeeds, but I feel that it'snow best for our program to move forward without him."

Felton needs to get as far away from the Georgia program as possible. I know they had that miracle run last year but it seems that he is kicking one of hisbest players off the team every year.

My work with Siena is just about complete...they'll be even better this year..and a Top 25 talent of a team.

So, the next bandwagon...

Binghamton....they finished last year well and can carry that over...

- Kevin Broadus, from the newly made JT3 pipeline.

- Tiki Mayben...former #1 rated player in THE COUNTRY as a freshman back in 02 by Clark Francis, former Syracuse commit, played at UMass for 1 year and nowjust finished community college for a year. Local legend. His problems are legendary too.

- Theo Davis....Syracuse, Texas, Iowa State were all on him in HS, went to Gonzaga for a year...trouble off the court...now here.

- DJ Rivera.....Saint Joseph transfer...was the first man off the bench for them a few years ago.

- Malik Alvin...UTEP transfer...had started as a freshmen and made the All CUSA rookie team

And they return their best player, Lazar Trifunovic.

now...a few of those kids might not make it past the first semester...they have that bad of a past. But it's a LOADED team for an America East club.

Theo Davis and Tiki Mayben are definitely familiar names. Davis is a canadian as I remember.

Originally Posted by joegolfdad

Vermont's taking the America East this season... no one in that league can guard Blakely

Kid is a beast...Trimboli and McIntosh are solid too. Joseph should be a nice addition as well.
They would/will be the favorites.

But Binghamton's talent > *.....just can't count on those head cases.

Back
Top Bottom