COLLEGE LIFE...

I'm a third year at sdsu. I've heard that sfsu isn;t that tight of an experience but I've heard that from commuters because I'm from 10 milesaway so my friends woudn't dorm. College is sick, based more on who you associate with and your attitude. My first year, I was drinkin as often as possiblewith as many people as possible to get a large network. Networks are crucial in college, you won't get invited to many parties if you have a small network.Your friends get invited to parties and in turn- take you.

I've had classes at 8AM. DO NOT TAKE. You will be out til early in the morning even on weeknights and you dont wanna have to take a Calc test on thursday8am. Night time classes are legit.

You guys are packin it tight, hopefully those other dudes aren't herbs or else no females or even dudes will want to hang out and/or get beat on at urcrib.

If you are not a freshman and living in the dorms- IMO you're a geek. Although I met many non first years in the dorm, 80% were whack.

I brought down 2 fifths of Malibu, handle of goose and hennessy, granted I was the dude the first week in the dorms. All the worthy girls were choosin up on meopposed to the other guys, a few wanted to get beat, but the rest just liked my personality and wanted to be friends. From these girls who wanted friendship Ihave gained the most. I still kick it with some girls from my first year in the dorms, and they have brought me gifts, other friends who are tryin to get beat,etc.

Be friendly with everyone and make impressions on people you meet so they remember you. Sooner or later, these people will re-enter your life and the moreassociated with them you are, the larger your network grows.

GO TO CLASS. If making it to class is too hard for you, you're a wuss. What else do you have to be doing on Tuesday at 2pm? Watching daytime TV? Yea right,go to class and do homework in the library. Study with people from your classes. I have made many dude friends from group studying. Not only guy friends, butalso females. When you study with girls, 90% of the time you're just flirting. Invite these girls to parties after tests because they want you toinfiltrate the box

Originally Posted by omgitswes

Originally Posted by romedadude

To those taumbout YNS if you have 4 dudes in 2 bedrooms yall obviously have never had that living situation. I'm living in an apartment style suite this year and I'm sure that it's gonna be it's gonna be an enjoyable experience. At least you got 2 bath fam, we only got one.
obviously you are correct good sir...it can't be much fun sharing a bedroom with someone you don't really know for real though. or sharing a bedroom at all
90% of freshman share a room with a roommate. Lots of people have fun i personally had a very weird roommate aka mine from last semester http://niketalk.yuku.com/reply/4664583#reply-4664583
i got a single this year though
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Lazy B

Originally Posted by romedadude

Originally Posted by Balla Jigga

For those that have had classes in the afternoon towards night what was your experience like?? I have classes that start at 4 end at 6 and a class that goes 7 to 9. I tend to be a night owl though, and usually dont sleep till 2 or 3 and wake up around 10-11.

Homie do NOT get classes at night! I had a 7-9:30 pm class one night a week and it was boring. You'll miss some stuff happening on campus by having class at night. Try to get your classes between 10-3, because you won't be up too early or have class too late. Another big don't is, don't take all of your classes on one day, balance them out equally everyday. I made that mistake last semester by having 6 classes on M & W, and 5 on Friday.
Sounds like you had a bad experience. I had one class at night, Human Sexuality and it was the best classes I had ever taken at Syracuse. The professor liked the content and students loved the class as well (over 400 for one session). Its the most popular class at the school. I am also taking a night class again this semester and it will be boring. Its a Geology course but I need it to graduate. Plus I'd rather take one long class one day per week rather than have it divided into sections and possibly messing up my schedule altogether. No Friday classes in the fall because I took a class at night.

I really wanted to go to Syracuse
tired.gif

Classes are different at every school, all I could do was give dude my opinion. But, that class did sound fun. Another thing I want to stress is communication,I didn't really talk to my roomate a lot and it hurt me. I didn't smash 4 girls I could have because I didn't communicate with him about my plans.Then again, it wasn't all my fault, ole $%#*-blockin negro.

Don't have a Friday class. Try to have classes at 10 am and be done by 2. 2 classes a day is coo and you can add a one time Monday class.

GO off and MEET PEOPLE and don't be restricted in your apartment playing 2k9 with your boys and smoking blunts all day.

Talk to girls, it's easier than you think.

GO to OFFICE HOURS. At the end of the semester teachers will be WAY MORE HELPFUL. Went from a B to a A!!!

Talk to your teacher, have a good connection.

Don't pregame so much that by the time you are there you are slurring and making a move at every girl you see.

Remember girls names, they get salty fast.

Find study buddies.

DO hw in advance, day of never works.

Chegg.com

Fraternity
pimp.gif

Don't be hypebeasted out. The people who do stand out and it looks lame.

Your apartment situation is FINE. I lived in the frat house last semester with 4 beds in 1 room!!! IT WAS FINE.
wink.gif

Wrap up.

Bring a bottle to the party. and a cig in your ear. Breaks the ice.

Make connections

On campus job.

Much more.
btw.
SJSU FTW

ha lots of good information in here...im not really tripping of the later in the day classes considering there sick classes and my dad doesnt start till aroundthe afternoon anyways. the living situation is cool because im rooming with my cousin who is like a brother to me. keep contributing NT, the information isreally helping.

i'm be in a quad freshmen year.
eyes.gif

i guess i see some pros and cons to it though.
however, my schedule is pretty sick. MWF i have 4 classes at 9, 10, 1 and 2. Tuesdays I have completely off and Thursdays I have a 1 hour discussion at 10.

Alright guys. So I'm going to a D-1 uni. (UT-Austin obv.), but the problem is that I'm not starting until the spring semester. Long story. :/

But anyways, my main concern is, will it still be the same experience as all first timers in the fall? Like do they still have all the activities likeorientation, welcome week, etc.? I just want the freshman experience really.

Originally Posted by ninjallamafromhell

Haven't had a life since starting college. Engineering major ftl. Engineering pay ftw.
what kinda engineering you doing?

All I can say is:
-take at least 15 credit hours so if you need to drop one near the end of the semester you'll still be considered a full time student
-try to be done with class by 3 so you can enjoy all the campus activities in the afternoon
-GET YOUR OWN PERSONAL MINI FRIDGE (trust me you'll thank me later)
-avoid night classes when at all possible and the same goes for having class on Fridays
-enjoy yourself to the fullest, but prioritize and remember why you're there
-definitely get some shower shoes (this is nonnegotiable)

That's pretty much all I got for right now but I'll be back later with more

Haven't had a life since starting college. Engineering major ftl. Engineering pay ftw.
what kinda engineering you doing?
Electrical with a track in either Signal and Systems or RF Signals.
dope me too, well just electrical.....i'm still thinking about law school though.
engineering seems kinda dull after a while, like when you first start off you get all these cool assignments then after a while you just sit behind a deskmaking presentations.

Oh SFSU....thems were the days....
Are you staying at the Villas or Stonestown?
like everyone else mentioned, just say no to Friday classes.
SF State in Sept/October is awesome. That is when you will get your best weather.
If you can get a job at the bookstore or somewhere in Stonestown you will meet much talent...
The campus life is not the greatest but I had fun while i was there....

4 dudes in a 2 bedroom?
YWNBS
and I wish I could help, spent my first year at a CC with absolutely no student life, things may be different this year

Two people to a bedroom is pretty standard in dorms. Smashing definitely occurs...quite regularly
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by SantaRosaWarriorFan

Oh SFSU....thems were the days....
Are you staying at the Villas or Stonestown?
like everyone else mentioned, just say no to Friday classes.
SF State in Sept/October is awesome. That is when you will get your best weather.
If you can get a job at the bookstore or somewhere in Stonestown you will meet much talent...
The campus life is not the greatest but I had fun while i was there....
park merced... and i have a job lined up for stonestown.

this probably deserves its own thread but, i'm getting a new computer (most likely laptop) for school and was looking for suggestions from NT

I wonder how many people actually meet their spouse in college.
I'm gonna go on the hunt for a wife when my junior year starts lol

chill with that. thats gonna be the year you turn 21, and when all the real fun starts. Just turned 21 in april and havin the best summer ever,goin out and smashin randoms....i aint thinkin bout a WIFE till im like 27+ damnn

Originally Posted by NationalTruckerDave

That's too many dudes for a 2 bedroom.. YNS.. Y as in y'all..

I'm in college and all incoming freshman are required to stay on campus and dorms roomie-free costs big chips...

2 guys to all dorms and I got mine in when he wasn't there and he got his in when I was gone...no prob.

##%%, we boned chicks at the same time once... R. Kelly 12 play FTW!!!

I reccomend you keep respect mutual and that means clean up your junk and demand your roomies do the same if they get outta line with messiness.

Study harder than you party, but party hard as you need to. ITS COLLEGE!!!! but keep your eyes on the prize brutha.. mad people on academic suspension, now...
laugh.gif

Here was my experience as a freshman:

Be social, don't be scared to talk to people that live by you. I met a lot of lifelong friends my first couple years.

Go out and party, whether or not you drink, smoke, etc. at least go out and have fun. Don't worry about what the next man is doing, just do you.

Get involved with some things on campus just to stay connected with your school a little bit, give tours to incoming freshman (
pimp.gif
) or something but DON'Toverload yourself with responsibility, especially your first year.

Take classes VERY seriously, the required core classes are usually the toughest cause you have no interest in em. I'm at school for my fifth year because Iblew off my intro classes.

Go to the gym and hoop or whatever interests you and talk to dudes, too many people are like AYO! or I'm not havin a sausage fest at my place etc. When youinvite dudes over your place that you're kinda familiar with, more often than not they bring chicks. And if they invite you over, 99% of the time therewill be unfamiliar tail there. Plus, you can't play Madden with a girl

Back
Top Bottom