What I know

4.0 + American Politics
4.0 + Managerial Accounting
since it stops at 4 it doesn't count but I got 100 in both

What I am expecting
3.5 Moral Choices
3.0-3.5 Greek Mythology (
mad.gif
I officialy hate Greek myths after thisteacher)

damn i'm at the wrong school
laugh.gif
...Purdue EngineeringFTImjustseeingmyfirstAonagradereportsincemyfreshmanyear
laugh.gif

Finishing up my 4th year at Central Michigan (5th year senior FTL
laugh.gif
)

Entrepreneurship in a Global Economy - A
Software Applications in Business - A
Retail Management - A
Personal Selling - B+
Intro to Statistics - E
frown.gif

Originally Posted by HyphySole

Ret0sxual - I can already see that your from ASU.

But, I got

Eng 102 English 2- B
ACC131 Accounting Princ 1- A
CSA 101 Computer Apps- A
BIO 181 Biology- A
MAT 212 - Calculus - B
Yeah.
laugh.gif

ASU.
pimp.gif

You go there, too?

ASN362 : B
MASS225 : B
SPAN101 : A-
ENG151 : B-
COMM314 : A-

GPA : 3.251

damn liberal arts college

but at least my GPA is over 3.0 now
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by retr0sxual

Originally Posted by HyphySole

Ret0sxual - I can already see that your from ASU.

But, I got

Eng 102 English 2- B
ACC131 Accounting Princ 1- A
CSA 101 Computer Apps- A
BIO 181 Biology- A
MAT 212 - Calculus - B
Yeah.
laugh.gif

ASU.
pimp.gif

You go there, too?
I will be attending ASU this fall semester. I was over at MCC for my first year. But Ive looked at ASU courses before, and you are basicallytaking the same classes I need
laugh.gif

2wf4i7m.jpg
Currently e-mailing professors to try and get that extra .02 I need.

[table][tr][th="col"] [table][tr][td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][th="row"]Level:[/th] [td]Undergraduate[/td] [/tr][tr][th="row"]Program:[/th] [td]BS-Medicine
[/td] [/tr][tr][th="row"]Admit Term:[/th] [td]Fall 2008[/td] [/tr][tr][th="row"]Admit Type:[/th] [td]Returning Admit[/td] [/tr][tr][th="row"]Catalog Term:[/th] [td]Fall 2008[/td] [/tr][tr][th="row"]College:[/th] [td]University of Mississippi
[/td] [/tr][tr][th="row"]Campus:[/th] [td]Main[/td] [/tr][tr][th="row"]Major:[/th] [td]Pre-Med
[/td] [/tr][tr][th="row"]Academic Standing:[/th] [td]Good Standing[/td] [/tr][/table]

CRN [/th] [th="col"]Subject[/th] [th="col"]Course[/th] [th="col"]Section[/th] [th="col"]Course Title[/th] [th="col"]Campus[/th] [th="col"]Final Grade[/th] [th="col"]Attempted[/th] [th="col"]Earned[/th] [th="col"]GPA Hours[/th] [th="col"]Quality Points[/th] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]11206[/td] [td]BIO[/td] [td]1524[/td] [td]01[/td] [td]Anatomy and Physiology II[/td] [td]Main[/td] [td]A
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]11022[/td] [td]EPY[/td] [td]2533[/td] [td]02[/td] [td]Human Growth and Development[/td] [td]Main[/td] [td]A[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]11061[/td] [td]HPR[/td] [td]1213[/td] [td]02[/td] [td]Personal & Community Health I[/td] [td]Main[/td] [td]A[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]11053[/td] [td]HPR[/td] [td]2213[/td] [td]01[/td] [td]First Aid[/td] [td]Main[/td] [td]A[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]11052[/td] [td]SOC[/td] [td]2143[/td] [td]01[/td] [td]Marriage and Family[/td] [td]Main[/td] [td]A[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]11403[/td] [td]SPT[/td] [td]1241[/td] [td]01[/td] [td]Drama Production I[/td] [td]Main[/td] [td]A[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][/table]
[table][tr][th="row"]Level:[/th] [td]Undergraduate[/td] [/tr][tr][th="row"]Program:[/th] [td]BS-Medicine
[/td] [/tr][tr][th="row"]Admit Term:[/th] [td]Sping 2009[/td] [/tr][tr][th="row"]Admit Type:[/th] [td]Returning Admit[/td] [/tr][tr][th="row"]Catalog Term:[/th] [td]Spring 2009[/td] [/tr][tr][th="row"]College:[/th] [td]University of Mississippi
[/td] [/tr][tr][th="row"]Campus:[/th] [td]Main[/td] [/tr][tr][th="row"]Major:[/th] [td]Pre-Med
[/td] [/tr][tr][th="row"]Academic Standing:[/th] [td]Good Standing[/td] [/tr][/table]
[table][tr][td]41233[/td] [td]BIO[/td] [td]1114[/td] [td]01[/td] [td]Principles of Biology II[/td] [td]Main[/td] [td]A
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]42595[/td] [td]CSC[/td] [td]1113[/td] [td]04[/td] [td]Computer Concepts[/td] [td]Main[/td] [td]A[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]49817[/td] [td]EDU[/td] [td]1223[/td] [td]01[/td] [td]Human Development[/td] [td]Main[/td] [td]A[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]41928[/td] [td]HIS[/td] [td]2223[/td] [td]08[/td] [td]U S History II[/td] [td]Main[/td] [td]A[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]49878[/td] [td]MAT[/td] [td]1313[/td] [td]05[/td] [td]Calculus II
[/td] [td]Main[/td] [td]A
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][/table]
[table] Undergraduate Summary [tr][td] [/td] [th="col"]Attempted[/th] [th="col"]Earned[/th] [th="col"]GPA Hours[/th] [th="col"]GPA
[/th] [th="col"]
[/th] [/tr][tr][th="row"]Current Term:[/th] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td] 4.0
[/td] [/tr][/table]

HS 305 (Later Middle Ages)- A
TH 249 (Christian Sacraments) A-
PY 254 (Psych of Women)- A
PY 292 (Research Methods II)- A
EN 201 (English Literature)- B+
PY 412 (Psych Test & Measurements- A

Final semester GPA at Loyola Maryland- 3.84. I'm pretty salty tho I needed a 4.0 to get Summa Cum Laude: English Lit professor was ridiculous grader andtests were pretty crazy. I don't even want to throw a graduation party now
frown.gif

Originally Posted by HypeBeast McStreetwear

If you guys needed to email a professor to get a letter grade up, how would you go about it?
If you can, see him/her in person. Looks better to them. If you have to send an email be as professional as possible, stating why you think yourgrade should go up.

C + in English 2200 after getting a 40 on the midterm and no other grades
pimp.gif

A in Legal Ethics which doesn't count really since he gave us all the answers on the reviews before the test. I guess it does count though since you haveto remember the answers.
B in Medieval Drama, my teacher taught at Yale last semester so my grade would have been a B+ if she didn't have Ivy standards.
B in The Mystery of Eternal Life because I did horrible on the final. Really messed up big time, my 2 grades before that were a B+ and A- to go along with a B-and C+

All in all if I tried, studied everyday and did all the readings I would have had 2 As and 2 B+. GPA went down from 3.26 to 3.23

Being content FTL

Originally Posted by Lazy B

If you guys needed to email a professor to get a letter grade up, how would you go about it?
If you can, see him/her in person. Looks better to them. If you have to send an email be as professional as possible, stating why you think your grade should go up.
Seeing to how the semester's been over for about a week, I'm pretty sure meeting up in person would be somewhat impossible. I'll tryan email. I would've gotten the grade I wanted had I not missed a damn quiz.
tired.gif

Thanks man.

Don't think the prof's going to listen to you if you didn't exhaust all of your resources, i.e., taking the missed quiz.

It don't hurt to give it a try.

I only took two classes this semester. One class to satisfy the last 3 units I need to graduate with a BS, and the other 3 units go towards my Masters.

Risk Analysis..A
Water Technology...A

AmberElise04

damn i was about to give madd props..........

then i noticed her school is in Mississippi
laugh.gif

school you go to does make a difference though.

Originally Posted by eye see soles

Don't think the prof's going to listen to you if you didn't exhaust all of your resources, i.e., taking the missed quiz.

It don't hurt to give it a try.
Yea, I JUST found out about this quiz. But this has def. run through my mind already, I dunno...

Originally Posted by LuckyP90

Damn, you guys with straight A's. how do you do it? Do you study everyday?
Son did you see the courses some of these guys were taking? Not exactly rocket science.

I mean, there is a hierarchy for major difficulty. Ask around your university or google it. Companies know and Grad/law/med schools know that a 3.5 in certainmajors is harder to attain than a 3.5 in other majors. I mean I'd expect a fine arts or English major to have a higher GPA then an Accounting or AerospaceEngineering major. Different schools also have different difficulty reputations. Some schools are notorious for inflating grades, again common knowledge.

A good indicator to see how difficult your major or class is is to compare your GPA with the general population in the samemajor/class. If your at a good 4 year university and 40% of the students have a 3.0 or higher, your major/class is probably is easy. If your at a good 4year university and the average in your major/class is a 2.5 then your major/class is probably hard.

You need to realize the difference between getting an A where 30% the students get As in the class and getting an A where 7/200 students get an A.

Again, I'm not trying to discredit anyone in this post. My response to the question is directed more at the guys who feel their GPA is low compared toothers in this thread. You need to compare yourself to your peers not NT.

Originally Posted by ThrowedInDaGame

Originally Posted by LuckyP90

Damn, you guys with straight A's. how do you do it? Do you study everyday?
Son did you see the courses some of these guys were taking? Not exactly rocket science.

I mean, there is a hierarchy for major difficulty. Ask around your university or google it. Companies know and Grad/law/med schools know that a 3.5 in certain majors is harder to attain than a 3.5 in other majors. I mean I'd expect a fine arts or English major to have a higher GPA then an Accounting or Aerospace Engineering major. Different schools also have different difficulty reputations. Some schools are notorious for inflating grades, again common knowledge.

A good indicator to see how difficult your major or class is is to compare your GPA with the general population in the same major/class. If your at a good 4 year university and 40% of the students have a 3.0 or higher, your major/class is probably is easy. If your at a good 4 year university and the average in your major/class is a 2.5 then your major/class is probably hard.

You need to realize the difference between getting an A where 30% the students get As in the class and getting an A where 7/200 students get an A.

Again, I'm not trying to discredit anyone in this post. My response to the question is directed more at the guys who feel their GPA is low compared to others in this thread. You need to compare yourself to your peers not NT.
English major is no joke. I'd say English and Accounting are on par with each other in terms of difficulty.

BSC1011L Biology Lab2 B
BSC2085 Anatomy+Physiology A
BSC2085L Anatomy+Physiology Lab A
DEP2004 Human Growth Development B
HSC2531 Medical Terminology B

Professor ________,

Good morning, this is ______ from your _______ class. I am e-mailing you today in regards to my final grade. As you have probably noted while doing my grades,*insert excuse here* I am not the type of person to make excuses for things, as I believe doing this only hurts myself in the end. However, due to acircumstantial personal issue which I do not feel at all comfortable conversing about I unfortunately curtailed my previous class average of an A. With thise-mail I would simply like to ask if it would be at all possible for you to only slightly abet my grade from __ up to an __. From my understanding, thesegrades are just about in the same ball park range. I need this grade in order to up hold my academic scholarship. I am more than willing to complete any extrawork or re-do previous assignments. Thank you, I am much appreciative of any assistance you may be able to offer. Enjoy your vacation. - *your name here*

Thank you, and have a great summer.

UOIT Edge II-Capstone Project B
Web Services Security A-
VPN and Data Privacy B+
E-Business Security B+
IT Security Policies & Proced. B-

Back
Top Bottom