COLLEGE NT'ers

So... what made you choose whatever school it is you go to? It's that time for me... Never thought it would be this hard to make a decision. So manyoptions, it's outrageous. Not asking for anyone to make the decision for me, just want to know what made you go to your school...

my dad made me go...he said i could transfer after my first year...he didn't want me to far from home and its cheap...

i lucked out and actually like it here...i had no idea what to look for when i was looking at schools...i just wanted to go to college...

Syracuse University offered WAY more financial aid than NYU did. Had I gone to NYU, I'd be paying 25K a year out of pocket.

Procrastination, lack of research, tuition costs...

I had the mentality that "college was college" so I just went to my in-state university (UMD). After 2 years here, I look back and wish I took thecollege selecting process more seriously. The friends I have that actually went out of state seem to be havin the times of their lives while I'm here onthe brink of failure with the same friends from HS
smh.gif

Family friend who lives here (which proved to be invaluable when I was in a car accident), financial aid, quality of education, location.

I went 2 Morgan State cuz I wanted 2 go 2 an HBCU...

I transferred 2 Temple 2 be closer 2 home, cuz I like Philly, and 2 escape GoGo.

I currently go to Christian Brothers University.......it's a Catholic pirivate school in the heart of Memphis. I just wanted to get out of Arkansas forawhile and look for a college that is good for my major(accounting). I also wanted to go to the University of Arkansas at Fayetteville, which is a greataccounting school. I got accepted, but I filled out the scholarship info too late, which is why I didn't go there. I also wanted to go to the Universityof Memphis as well. Like U of A I got accepted, but my parents didn't want me to go there because it is not a good school for my major. So at least I gotinto a school good for accounting in a city that is close to home I guess.
laugh.gif

It was a combination of things for me...
Location - I'm about 3 hours from home, so the distance is pretty good for me. To me, it's far enough away to feel independent, yet close enough tohome should anything happen.
School Ranking - Mays Business School is ranked in the top 25 in the country, so that was pretty important to me.
Reputation - From what I've been told, a degree from my school is looked at pretty highly.

Those were the main 3, but I also looked at other things in the area (housing, community, etc.).

Cornell University; I wanted to be exposed to as many people, ideas, opportunities as possible since I've been in NYC all my life.

Plus, Cornell's ranked pretty well and it's one of the only schools in the country that offers my major.

thanks everybody.. this is what im trying to base my decision off of...
(in no particular order)
Location - want to leave Atlanta!! MUST LEAVE!! GOTTA GO!!! New place PLEASE!

Diversity - I really want to get the black college experience, but i've been around us all my life lol. Then again, I don't want to be a 3 percenter orsomething

Internship opportunities \ Job placement - Need experience to get a good job.. not to mention connections. What better way to build them both than internships?

Engineering program- Want to be in a top-notch program

That being said, my top 3: UF, Morehouse and Fort Valley State. Both Morehouse and FVSU have dual degree programs with Ga. Tech. 3 years at the first school, 2at tech. 2 degrees in 5 years. Morehouse also has a dual prog. with UF. I really want to go to UF but come on... Im not going to get full tuition, room andboard, and a book stipend from morehouse or UF. Plus FVSU has brand new, nice dorms. Only thing that pisses me off is that FVSU is giving me two weeks todecide. I still haven't heard from some others schools and still waiting on money from UF and Morehouse. AGHHHHHHH!!!

Originally Posted by goldNboi7

I transferred 2 Temple 2 be closer 2 home, cuz I like Philly, and 2 escape GoGo.

you know damn well you beat your feet all the way to temple off some "guys look what i learned"... lolololol

Originally Posted by MarleysProtege

you know damn well you beat your feet all the way to temple off some "guys look what i learned"... lolololol

62515fe98d1a19d12babb347da61bcef3cb54f2.gif

I regret not taking SAT II's to apply for a CA University...At the time I didn't want to go to a UC and still dont, but now I just want to know how Iwould have done on the SAT IIs...I ended up at a state college SFSU by choice...Why I chose it? It's cheaper....college is college to me...a visit to thehouse is just 40 minutes away....and I love the city of San Francisco.....

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
I decided to go to Temple because they gave me a decent scholarship that madeit easier to pay for school, but Cornell was really where I wanted to go, but couldn't afford it. I love Temple now though
happy.gif

Chose my school based off of academics, and it's got a decent social life, not as good as I had hoped though, because the location doesn't offer much.

Money...my school didn't offer anything else for me besides money and my major. The school I wanted to attend had everything and was stingy with the finaid.

mine was friends. had no idea what i wanted to do. i thought about business so i researched which state school had best business program. no regrets at all.let loose in college and juss enjoy the time and FREEDOM

Originally Posted by MarleysProtege

roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom