College students: Do you have a job?

Just curious as to how many of us do school and work? Sometimes I wish I didn't have a job so I could study more, but I hate not having income

never worked during school before and i'm a junior, but i am trying to find an internship ASAP so i can gain work exp before i graduate

This is my first year and I haven't had to work yet, but money is getting tight so I'll be looking for a job after New Years.

Originally Posted by bigtomgetsgwap

I do and it hurts my grades...my advice school first, work later

word. although it sucks to have no income and relying on your parents for almost everything

What do you all do about money when you focus on school more? I feel like my job made my grades slack a little this past semester definitely.

Yes, I do. Right now it works for me but I am sure sooner or later it will get to be too much.

I think having a job and going to school prevents you from being lazy and slacking off because it keeps you in a routine. I think it can actually improvegrades unless you're working so much that you do not have time to study.

I work 45 hour weeks, but I'm able to get my reading and studying done while working so it's not as bad as it seems. The only thing is I haven'tgotten a day off in about 3 months, so you best believe I'm enjoying winter vacation. I graduate in sp 08

i do...this past semester my classes were kinda light...we'll see what next semester is looking like...might have to cut back on hours...

Oh man yall buggin. I worked 3 jobs last quarter and still made decent grades at full time status 16 credit hours. I did cut down to 2 jobs tho...

I work at a bank while I'm going to college. It's alright, not bad. I get my stuff done and my grades are good. I work about 25 hours a week though.

I just got a job at our student rec. center/gym. They actually let us study while we work which is a huge plus. Only $6.50 and hour but it's a littlespending money.

Originally Posted by Shooter116

What do you all do about money when you focus on school more? I feel like my job made my grades slack a little this past semester definitely.
I was doing 30 hours a week my first year of school and got kicked out after my second semester. Got reinstated, cut my work time to 15 hours a weekand my grades increased slightly.

Thats was enough of a reality check for me. You are in school so you can make real money in the future. Don't let them dictate your schedule to you. Stand up and talk to management. Tell them your availability and thats that. They cant schedule on days you said you cant work. If they do start blowin yourphone up on said days then just tell them "Hey, I told you I cant work today. Hope everything works out" I've had to do that countless timesand I've still had the same job for over 3 years. They wont fire me cause I'm a good employee and when I can be there, I make my mark.

Its your choice, make 200 every two weeks forever or 200k every year in the near future?

yep...Apple Store and H&M.....I don't think its hard to balance...keeps you in check if you ask me.....You'll find yourself having TOO much freetime in college....No bueno sir

Originally Posted by s0leFUNK

Originally Posted by Shooter116

I was doing 30 hours a week my first year of school and got kicked out after my second semester. Got reinstated, cut my work time to 15 hours a week and my grades increased slightly.

Thats was enough of a reality check for me. You are in school so you can make real money in the future. Don't let them dictate your schedule to you. Stand up and talk to management. Tell them your availability and thats that. They cant schedule on days you said you cant work. If they do start blowin your phone up on said days then just tell them "Hey, I told you I cant work today. Hope everything works out" I've had to do that countless times and I've still had the same job for over 3 years. They wont fire me cause I'm a good employee and when I can be there, I make my mark.

Its your choice, make 200 every two weeks forever or 200k every year in the near future?

damn thats rough getting kicked out of school...good to see your on your grind

Yeah, two jobs and school..right now chilling at ma desk..on ma lil brk...had ma finals couple of days ago...
If i have to pick I will juss do school full time...

I do but on a self employed bases so i can make it fit around my school work. Plus the pay is to good to turn down.

work 40 hours a week at a restaurant. SUCKS!! mad money though aand grades only drop down .2 points. Still don't see when I'm going to intern and %@$%

I work @ a Ritz-Carlton as a valet. Making tips is great while in school, I always have cash in my pocket (although not always a lot
embarassed.gif
). I work 2-3 days a week during the semester depending on classes.

Back
Top Bottom