College Students: How do you cope with all the BS and stress ?

just think of the big picture fam and the reason why your there is to get ahead of the competition work hard but once u get your $%% done go hard on theweekend and get it in with females fam!

Damn, I was in a similar situation. Talked to my girl and we agreed to grow together in our relationship. As the years have gone by, we've maturedtogether.

But it all started with bettering our communication.

As far as classes go, time management is utterly crucial. I can't stress that enough. You have to decide what can wait til later and what must be donetoday.

Also, money, look for a job on campus. Some of my buddies have jobs as clerical assistants or library assistants, where they can study at work.

If possible, look for time management and stress management workshops. I know most colleges should have them. But whatever you do, don't give up.

When I was undergrad it was tough. Considering my field where it is VERY and HIGHLY competitive, you dont have any leeway for error. Just got to have TunnelVision.

killians2.jpg

+
slayer_logo.jpg

+

=

pimp.gif

Stop stressing about unnecessary things. I don't know how some of you live your life, it is quite uncomfortable to think about.

I don't stress, hardly. You go to school to learn, nothing more. Academic problems can be solved by hitting the library, stop being attached to chicks--> let the next man get some, stop worrying about money--> you will pay it back once you finish school.

( Run or play sports daily, it will help clear your mind and put things in perspective).

I feel you, it's like every man for himself in college, or at least it really feels that way to me. So much academic and social pressures...I'm ajunior now, and I'm currently in a very tough quarter, but I've been kinda coastin through. Academically, it's hard to stay on top of thingsespecially being an engineer with homework due every week along with midterms/quizzes, and it gets very, very hectic. Socially, it's been tough cuzI've been kinda backstabbed by dudes that I thought were in my inner-circle but I realized it wasn't the case. At least, I've been improving thisquarter, and I've gotten to know some real good people in my classes so hopefully things get better. But still-being a very shy dude on the surface,it's real hard to make connections with people, and sometimes I don't have the motivation to do so because a lot of times in college you won't eventalk to that person again. I dunno though.

Originally Posted by iBlink

Distance yourself from your girlfriend. School should be your primary focus.

Make cut backs if money's tight. Jeezy said it best, "It's a recession, everybody broke".

Kinda space yourself from the family. Don't make yourself a stranger, but let them know school is where your head needs to be.

I find it's pretty easy to deal with college life when balancing it like that.

No .

You need someone on your side .

You can't be in the books all the time , that's what's stressing him out in the first place .

He needs to clear his mind sometimes , &nd your lover can do just that .

Don't tell him that .
laugh.gif
tired.gif

i'm a senior now, but i know the feeling man - especially freshman and sophomore years. you just gotta believe that somehow you're going to get thingsdone. it might take a few all-nighters, some god awful stress, but it won't last forever. one month until christmas break should keep you going. and trustme, it gets better!

jus deal with it. nothin esle you can do.. dont fold under pressure n keep it movin..

IRAPTHOUGH wrote:
iBlink wrote:

No .

You can't be in the books all the time , that's what's stressing him out in the first place .

Don't tell him that .
laugh.gif
tired.gif

He said he was having girl problems. With that said, he should put a little bit of space in between himself and his lady if she's adding to hisdistraction.

just be glad you're in college...a lot of other folks aren't getting the opportunity you have

Originally Posted by iBlink

IRAPTHOUGH wrote:
iBlink wrote:

No .

Don't tell him that .
laugh.gif
tired.gif

He said he was having girl problems. With that said, he should put a little bit of space in between himself and his lady if she's adding to his distraction.
I say talk things out with her. I when parents or anybody for that matter say education over all. Its nerve racking on many levels. This schooling@$! shouldn't be as stressful. We can't even have home lives due to homework and the amount of hours we spend in school. Even though an education isneeded (not everything they teach
eyes.gif
) they need to re-tool everything aboutschool. But dude just calm down. Go see a movie with your chick, go out to eat and just talk to her without arguing. That cancels a problem right there. As formoney problems make out a budget for yourself. Don't over stress.

Play Jack in the Box
devil.gif

but seriously, just realize that only 1-2% of the world's population is in college. Some people only wish they could go to school, yet they are the onesforced to do things they do NOT want to do. Realize that you are lucky and that you live once. The mind is a terrible thing to waste and you can only improveyourself, if used correctly. Stay focused and humble
pimp.gif

yea, focus on school. girls come and go so dont let that stress you.
be smart about your money. sometimes you might have to go without.
dorms are dorms...just guard your ###%
i just listen to music and let it take me away.
save the
pimp.gif
for your senior year stresses (it gets tougher...)

I find sophomore year to be the most stressful and challenging too. It's like I have no control over anything I want to do. Not sure about this major Ichose, friends are spread out everywhere, classes are ++%*#%@*, money is tight, etc. I feel like a part of me is dying and I've never felt like this everin my life. I guess this is how it feels to have depression. This %#@% seriously affects my mood too. I never want to do anything.
frown.gif

This my second semsemter in sjsu and I got a serious money problem. NowI owe this dood 300 for accidentily bump and cracks his back bumper and his bottomsignal light. This was happened during on my popeyes chicken run today too. Other than that everythings is going
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by DL2352

I find sophomore year to be the most stressful and challenging too. It's like I have no control over anything I want to do. Not sure about this major I chose, friends are spread out everywhere, classes are ++%*#%@*, money is tight, etc. I feel like a part of me is dying and I've never felt like this ever in my life. I guess this is how it feels to have depression. This %#@% seriously affects my mood too. I never want to do anything.
frown.gif
Man the separation of people is another thing that bothers me. I understand people want to go out to different places but man family and friendsare where its at.

What major are you?

Back
Top Bottom