College Sucks...yea I said it

Aside from the crazy broads I gotta deal with I'm having the time of my life. And my school is whack as hell
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Jking0821

You do realize that there are around 4000 colleges in the US 55 is in the top 2%. So i don't know what your chuckling at. I guess engineering students can't do easy math or easy googling
QFT.... I thought i was the only one who noticed that... So beingranked number 55 in the country in engineering means its not a goodengineering school now??  I dont know what kinda world this guy lives in.. just because he hasnt heard of drexel doesnt mean it doesn't have a very good engineering program..

While i was at community college it was like I was getting "bite sized" portions of the "real world". Now that I'm at a 4year, its like I'm back in the Matrix for 2 years plus i don't have to worry about accumulating too much debt.

Originally Posted by wawaweewa

I wouldn't trade my 4 years in college for anything.  I'm a few years out of school and am making what many would consider a nice salary at a PE firm but I'd trade it all in a heartbeat for another 4 years back in school with my friends. I've talked about this with my friends and they would all do the same.

So many memories.
laugh.gif

The 3 am drunk convos. The feeling you get when you like a chick and realize you have no shot. The feeling you get when you like a chick and finally hook up with her.  The obligatory breakfast at the diner the morning after partying to discuss "what the #+$% did I do!?". Walking around on campus in the summer. Walking around on campus in the summer on a Friday knowing what's gonna go down that weekend.
pimp.gif
Getting up Saturday and knowing that you're gonna play ball/workout, eat, take a nap, party, and wake up in the afternoon on Sunday. 
pimp.gif
Going booze shopping with your boys Fri evening. Meeting up to have lunch in between classes and plan the weekend.
laugh.gif

Staying in smoking and playing Winnign Eleven till 4 am.
laugh.gif
Getting a good grade on "that" exam and knowing your weekend will be that much sweeter.

I'd take all the money I've saved up over the past few years and flush it down the toilet no questions asked if I could redo college with my friends.  

Maybe it took me getting really sick (but I glad I did in hindsight) in order to realize that 99.999999999999999% of what we call "life/ living" is bull *%!@. Very few things actually matter and it's kind of funny realizing.

You think college sucks? You don't know what's coming then.
laugh.gif

Truer words have never been spoke (by you). 
laugh.gif
  I can't believe I just agreed with this guy. 

Getting to play hoops for like 3 or 4 hours, and then stopping at the cafeteria before heading back home to get cleaned up for inevitable partying later in the night. 
pimp.gif

That one club with all the rich, white chicks that were ready when it came to bruhs. 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Waking up for class, looking outside and seeing snow and then just saying "eff it" and going back to sleep until noon. 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Summertime, when the campus was slow but you had that core crew of people you kicked it with all damn summer. 
smokin.gif
smokin.gif

Chicken finger night in the cafeteria. 
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

WORK STUDY JOBS a.k.a. we're gonna pay you regardless of what you do because it isn't our money. 
smokin.gif

I could go on and on, but you get the point....college definitely does NOT suck, unless you're doing it wrong. 

SO NT, exactly how much college debt do you have?

I'm in my sixth year and my total is somewhere in the neighborhood of $9500...
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by SuperAntigen

ohwell.gif

Interest included????

shiiiit ima be payin for a MINUTE

the memories and networking from college alone make it worth it.  And college debt isn't anything once you get a job

when im done it will be almost 80,000.
indifferent.gif

My folks tell me in EVERY conversation seems like "your a damn investment" and "you better be about something making that money when you graduate OR ELSE"

smh.gif
I'm concerned.

Originally Posted by Brandon3000

ohwell.gif

Interest included????

shiiiit ima be payin for a MINUTE

Yeah...

The thing is, back when I had a job and a steady stream of income, I'd pay a lil something and reduce my overall debt. I've never had to worry much about interest (although there was this one incident where I noticed Salli Mae doing some grimy ishhhh) because my loans are subsidized. Realizing this, I've made contributions to my loans so that when the interest finally does kick in, when I graduate, I won't have to great of a balance to worry about.

My interest payment alone would be well over $2000+ had I not been making payments this whole time. That's how many of these companies that are in the business of providing educational loans, like Salli Mae, get you/make their money-- Interest Payments.

I always tell my friends, if you can afford to pay a lil bit of your loan, do it. Don't wait until interest starts kicking in because by then, you'll find yourself paying more.

Still, I have a long ways to go. For a jobless college student, $9500 is ALOT...(funny thing is, I had well in excess of this saved up, but then I decided to gamble in the stock market and well, the commodity bubble burst happened, and with that, poof-- there goes all my savings...
mad.gif
mad.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
...)

$9500 is nothing, you can kill that in one year at a 40k a year job.

personally, I'm at about $45k in debt in only my 4th semester, I predict to be walkin out with around 75k in debt probably more including interest.

I'm a finance major and I'm bugging right now because I can't see myself stepping into the real world in 2 years and being able to pay these loans unless I land a 60-70k+ a year job. And even then I'll be living back at home SMH, I feel like I'm never gonna be able to move out.

College is fun when you make it fun though. Gotta love having indoor courts to ball in and a free gym membership.

The party scenes are kinda iffy, usually just a bunch of kids pretending to know and like eachother so everyone can get drunk and be happy.

I just wish I had a part-time job this year, because I'd rather be working getting that $$$ than spending mad time bored in my dorm room and I'm def not a very outgoing person.

I love college. It really has changed me. Attending an out-of-state school, the classes, and the people I have met have been very instrumental in the changes I have gone through since starting college. The experience would have been vastly different if had opted to attend an in-state school.

College has been the best experience of my life. I am almost done with my masters, don't want it to come to an end
eyes.gif

Drop out and get a technical certification. Life isn't about money. What good is money when you don't have anyone to spend it with ? But if you're really want money then investing/ drug trafficking/ small business deals is where they're at. You will never be rich working for somebody

Originally Posted by KingjamesJP84

Drop out and get a technical certification. Life isn't about money. What good is money when you don't have anyone to spend it with ? But if you're really want money then investing/ drug trafficking/ small business deals is where they're at. You will never be rich working for somebody
What about investment bankers?

Originally Posted by wawaweewa

I wouldn't trade my 4 years in college for anything.  I'm a few years out of school and am making what many would consider a nice salary at a PE firm but I'd trade it all in a heartbeat for another 4 years back in school with my friends. I've talked about this with my friends and they would all do the same.

So many memories.
laugh.gif

The 3 am drunk convos. The feeling you get when you like a chick and realize you have no shot. The feeling you get when you like a chick and finally hook up with her.  The obligatory breakfast at the diner the morning after partying to discuss "what the #+$% did I do!?". Walking around on campus in the summer. Walking around on campus in the summer on a Friday knowing what's gonna go down that weekend.
pimp.gif
Getting up Saturday and knowing that you're gonna play ball/workout, eat, take a nap to tailgate, going to football games, party, and wake up in the afternoon on Sunday. 
pimp.gif
Going booze shopping with your boys Fri evening. Meeting up to have lunch in between classes and plan the weekend.
laugh.gif

Staying in smoking and playing Winnign Eleven Halo till 4 am.
laugh.gif
Getting a good grade on "that" exam and knowing your weekend will be that much sweeter.

I'd take all the money I've saved up over the past few years and flush it down the toilet no questions asked if I could redo college with my friends.  

Maybe it took me getting really sick (but I glad I did in hindsight) in order to realize that 99.999999999999999% of what we call "life/ living" is bull *%!@. Very few things actually matter and it's kind of funny realizing.

You think college sucks? You don't know what's coming then.
laugh.gif

most good college experiences are the same and they go almost exactly like this.

it took for me to drop of of school and get an associate's degree before leaving to figure out that there are other solutions to living my version of the American dream aka figuring my self out, good luck to all you guys still chasing the dream, this country's jobs crisis is no joke, i tell you, no joke. One thing i did learn from college is that its who you know , and not what you know. Networking saved my life last spring.

ohwell.gif

I'll assume you missed a zero.

I have zero.  Did I go to the top choice of schools I wanted to go to? Hell no. My parents and I discussed it and they set it straight.  It was a state school, period.

So I attempted to pick the best one that suited me.  At the end of the day, I'm quite happy and still miss it.  Wwaawwawawawawawawawawa spoke the truth.  If you've been to or are going to college, you can replay everything he wrote out in your own mind from your own memories. 

Originally Posted by Jking0821

You do realize that there are around 4000 colleges in the US 55 is in the top 2%. So i don't know what your chuckling at. I guess engineering students can't do easy math or easy googling
QFT.... I thought i was the only one who noticed that... So being ranked number 55 in the country in engineering means its not a good engineering school now??  I dont know what kinda world this guy lives in.. just because he hasnt heard of drexel doesnt mean it doesn't have a very good engineering program..

Even if you take out the art schools and all of the other small universities that "Don't care about thier engineering program"  You are still going to be looking at over 1000 schools.  So at that point Drexel is only in the top 6% i guess thats not very good?  Yale is number 38 on the list does that make them a bad school? 

Originally Posted by ShoxBb433

Diego: I go to the cheapest in state school. I will still end up with close to 30k in debt
smh.gif
. Tuition prices are unreasonable honestly.

its true though

state schools have gone up crazy, even if you commute its crazy now a days.

ohwell.gif

After I'm done it'll be near 20,000k I think.

Entry level job in my major is about $60,000 though. I can live off of 40k for a year.

Back
Top Bottom