Colorado Legalizes Mary Jane #ItHasBegun

I feel like theres going to be an *** load of people in CO and WA that are going to try it now, because of the legalization.

I feel like this is what everyone thinks but prob won't be true.

I have never smoked weed in my life (25 years old). But if it was legal in MD i wouldn't smoke it. I haven't smoked weed because i just don't want to really. Its not like lack of access or the fact that it was illegal is what stopped me.

I don't know how many people are going to wake up and be like "finally i can try weed because now it's legal". If you wanted to smoke it before your probably did. But no denying access will be easier.

word. Can we stop making dumb assumptions and just look at real world examples i.e. amsterdam, portugal, uruguay etc. Where drug use has not increased post-legalization/decriminalization and, in fact, went down in some areas.

I wouldn't get my hopes up though. You know damn well the Feds will continue their raids and the Supreme Court will challenge State law.

It's a step forward so lets just hope newly reelected Obama will hear the people and call off the DEA hounds!

I feel like theres going to be an *** load of people in CO and WA that are going to try it now, because of the legalization.
This has to be one of the biggest fallacies regarding legalization. Huge percentages of the population have already tried weed, or consume it on a regular basis. If that weren't the case, the law wouldn't have passed. Anyone that's gone to college, or hell even high school, has already come into direct contact with weed regardless of legality, and has surely had the opportunity to try it in an environment with no threat of legal repercussions. 

I dont think chemical tampering will be that big of a problem, people still have the option to grow it themselves. If/when people find out corps are adding chemicals, people will stop buying it.
True.

Plus, what would be the major benefit of tampering in the first place?

What, would they be producing artificial THC or something?
no the benefit would be to make it a much more PHYSICALLY addicting drug.  they could ad all types of BS like what they did to cigarettes to make u crave them moar.  as it stands weed doest cause obvious physical withdrawal symptoms....by adding garbage that could change......time to collect pure seeds while they're out there!!!!!
Cheifing with no legal worries..
nthat.gif
hope Obama keeps out of this **** and focuses on real things affecting the nation, not locking up weed smokers.
oh, i think we're in good hands
ive never smoked weed before

is it really all that?

oh, i think we're in good hands

Good hands? Not here in CA

Just 2 months ago.

http://articles.latimes.com/2012/sep/26/local/la-me-medical-marijuana-20120926

U.S. raids L.A. marijuana shops
Officials send warning letters to property owners and operators of an additional 67 dispensaries, giving them two weeks to comply with federal law.

Just last month one of my boys was arrested.

http://longbeach-ca.patch.com/articles/40-arrested-7-long-beach-pot-dispensaries-raided

The case termed an "enforcement" was carried out, Pratt wrote, "with the assistance of the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA), the State of California Franchise Tax Board (FTB), the Long Beach Fire Department, and the Los Angeles County District Attorney's Office, that shut down seven marijuana dispensaries located throughout the City of Long Beach."

Curious, so people who grow on there own, can they sell it privately or is your personal grow suppose to be yours only?

this is probably just gonna go the same way it is here in CA, which is quasi-legal where the state allows it by law, but the DEA still occasionally raids the state to basically flex their power. As far as selling privately I think not.

the interesting thing is that there is no legal precedent for a state that has legalized marijuana, right now the closest thing is: Raich v Gonzalez , that case basically ruled that even if you grow plants in your backyard for personal consumption, congress(federal govt) can still regulate and prohibit it because it's part of the interstate commerce clause in the constitution (not by individually but by collectively across the entire state). I don't agree with scalia's logic on this but this is what the U.S. Supreme Court says :lol:

this will be really interesting to see how it plays out

Last edited:
serious question how much money can be made from this (Personally)... If i'm in one of these states now and decide to sell weed how does one get locked up if it's legal.

This is what the NFL said about the legalization...

The states of Colorado and Washington voted to make recreational marijuana use legal on Tuesday. While that news proved to be popular with headline writers, and some ex-Broncos, it won't allow the current Broncos to change their smoking habits.

This should probably go without saying, but the Colorado law isn't going to change the NFL's stance on the matter.

"The NFL's policy is collectively bargained and will continue to apply in the same manner it has for decades," NFL spokesman Greg Aiello told Lindsay Jones of USA TODAY Sports. "Marijuana remains prohibited under the NFL substance abuse program."

Broncos have been warned. "It's legal" won't be a valid excuse.

I'm in Denver.
8)

Opportunities galore.

anybody have any dope idea's/angles? have a few idea's, but moreso waiting to see the specifics on how things shake out.

If it's not being sold across state borders, then the feds dont have any jurisdiction to regulate your sales via the commerce clause. But then again, the DEA has that kind of power where they can just randomly confiscate your stuff and shut you down. So selling aside, there's the whole question of whether the DEA will try to override the state just over consumption let alone sales.

serious question how much money can be made from this (Personally)... If i'm in one of these states now and decide to sell weed how does one get locked up if it's legal.

From what I've seen certain cats are making a pretty. Not life changing money but good money for growing some crops :lol: I'd love to move out to a new place and start my own grow, before this industry gets over saturated with new growers.

I hope you do realize that it is not officially passed yet. It has been passed by the state government of Colorado and Washington, but hasn't been passed by the National. Since National overrides state, it could be easily shut down. 

I hope you do realize that it is not officially passed yet. It has been passed by the state government of Colorado and Washington, but hasn't been passed by the National. Since National overrides state, it could be easily shut down. 
Don't rustle their jimmies.

If it's not being sold across state borders, then the feds dont have any jurisdiction to regulate your sales via the commerce clause.

I would disagree, Wickard v. Fillburn(regulation of Intrastate activities) which was used in Raich heavily, and also U.S. v Darby(intrastate) court said "It extends to those activities intrastate which so affect interstate commerce or the exercise of the power of congress over it as to make regulation a legitimate end, the excercise of the powr of congress to regulate interstate commerce". Scalia literally says in Raich that intrastate activity is covered by the clause.

After FDR basically threatened the supreme court with the court packing plan, the court basically let the federal government do whatever it wants with interstate commerce, hasn't changed much since. But presently someone will have to sue someone else in order to create a controversy that in a few years might end up on the supreme court.

Last edited:
^ Right, the No Fun League strikes again. They won't even let you celebrate a touchdown, and dancing and celebrating are legal. What makes you think they would let you smoke weed when that became legal :rolleyes

Back
Top Bottom