Coming back from Afghanistan...any ideas where i should go on leave?

Hey man, thanks for serving and get back safe.

As for leisure, definitely try and grab a Space-A flight out to Germany and take a Euro-rail to anywhere in Europe. Grab a room at a hostel and relax. Not expensive and making a flight on Space-A to Germany is pretty easy compared to some of the other flights to Europe. You just have to check with the military airport.

Good luck man.

Originally Posted by Tus4Prez

Hey man, thanks for serving and get back safe.

As for leisure, definitely try and grab a Space-A flight out to Germany and take a Euro-rail to anywhere in Europe. Grab a room at a hostel and relax. Not expensive and making a flight on Space-A to Germany is pretty easy compared to some of the other flights to Europe. You just have to check with the military airport.

Good luck man.
Don't go to South Brussels though.

Originally Posted by RiverXBear

only on NT would some idiots find a way to treat and american hero like garbage

thank you my fellow american people like you are the reason these kids cant type what they want on this forum .
Meh, soldiers are a dime a dozen.

I kid
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by DuBsTyLeDj

wow come on yo..i wasn't trying to start no %*$#@*! politics/war debate...i signed up to do this...this is my job..you have your job and i'm sure you take pride in whatever you do menacin...be it mcdonalds or living off you mothers paycheck still....product of the system eh? i highly doubt that...and go to iraq? why would i want to go there seriously? just plain ignorant...
SMH u took an L signing up. Anyways head to DR and chill on the beach.

BTW, we dont owe soldiers anything. I give no respect to those who signed up for money, they arent protecting anything for anybody. They do nothing constructive for me or my community.

really? ok let me re-phrase that for you....

far away from those nice friendly local hadjis who try to end my life on the regular with mortars/rifles/rpgs..i'm sorry but if you don't take a shower on the regular then you smell..
pimp.gif
don't let these dudes hate on you.

The only combat these NT dudes have seen is the Afghan map on Call of Duty

-The Juice

far away from those nice friendly local hadjis who try to end my life on the regular with mortars/rifles/rpgs..i'm sorry but if you don't take a shower on the regular then you smell..
You say they are trying to end your life on the regular? You are occupying their land, went on their territory dropping expensive and advanced mortars, rifles, and missiles on their land ending their way of life. You are the foreign invader. You signed up and accepted to be deployed to that mission,correct? What would you do or how would you feel if a foreign army came and raided or dropped bombs on your neighborhood or in your backyard?

Originally Posted by Hazeleyed Honey

You say they are trying to end your life on the regular? You are occupying their land, went on their territory dropping expensive and advanced mortars, rifles, and missiles on their land ending their way of life. You are the foreign invader. You signed up and accepted to be deployed to that mission,correct? What would you do or how would you feel if a foreign army came and raided or dropped bombs on your neighborhood or in your backyard?
blah blah blah

go scrub your vagina you cry baby. Yeah lets totally ignore the fact that Afghanistan has been a "problem" country since before America "invaded".

-The Juice

Originally Posted by OrenthalJames

blah blah blah

go scrub your vagina you cry baby. Yeah lets totally ignore the fact that Afghanistan has been a "problem" country since before America "invaded".

-The Juice
You ignoramus of a pansy fool, leave my vagina out of this. How about you go filter out all that defecating crap in your head before you reply back to me in the way you did.You are doing a great job yourself making yourself look as stupid as you can.

Don't forget the bucktoothed ****s and the barbaric negro...The stank hadji ain't the only enemy.

blah blah blah

-The Juice
You ignoramus of a pansy fool, leave my vagina out of this. How about you go filter out all that defecating crap in your head before you reply back to me in the way you did.You are doing a great job yourself making yourself look as stupid as you can.

1. Like I care what people think on NT?

and

2. How come I do not hear scrubbing sounds? Why do I continue to hear more tears smacking the keyboard?

-The Juice

So lame you are.
laugh.gif

Looks like you do care what people think of you on a messageboard since obviously I struck a nerve with my post and first thing you resort to is personal attacks instead of repying back in an eloquent and respectful manner. What was the point of that comment you made? You thought you would get e-props? If anything, it only showed your stupidity, immaturity, and lack of intelligence in debates and discussion. You had nothing valid to contribute to the discussion, so you retort with asinine remarks that have nothing to do with the discussion. Like I said, keep at it and you only show more of your foolish and immature behaviour. You seem to get off of this or something.

Anyways, it is pointless arguing with trolls. I am done with you.  

So lame you are.
laugh.gif

Looks like you do care what people think of you on a messageboard since obviously I struck a nerve with my post and first thing you resort to is personal attacks instead of repying back in an eloquent and respectful manner.
Please do not give yourself so much credit.

100% truth:
There is 5 pages of people boohooing. Instead of quoting 5 pages....I quoted the newest post....which happened to be you. No matter who it was, wether it be you or a male, I would have told them to scrub their vaginas.

I find it cute you thought, that YOU struck some sort of "nerve". PM me? I'm a great guy once you get to know me
pimp.gif

-The Juice

blah blah blah

-The Juice

1. Like I care what people think on NT?

and

2. How come I do not hear scrubbing sounds? Why do I continue to hear more tears smacking the keyboard?

-The Juice
This is far more disgusting than Jrose has ever posted on the board.  Didn't this cat start a thread about lame immature cats?  I ain't mad at OP, go somewhere tropical.  But what kinda response is that to someone who identifies with the people he somewhat disrespected?  This thread makes me cringe overall though, just flat out corny people on both ends.

im not even gonna read all the IGNANT comments/replys from everyone...

OP good to see you're coming home from Afghanistan,
i did a tour out there with the 82nd airborne and the 10th mountain, i was in the AF but tasked to the army,

i would say relax with your wifey, see the fam and go on a cruise, or the bahamas, or something like that,
thanx for serving and dont get into any trouble on the last days you got out there,
God bless

My God. How stupid are you? Seriously. What exactly are you basing this on? Watching Full Metal Jacket and Platoon afew times? This is the most educated military in world history. Stopbasing your opinions on hackneyed, hyperbolic stereotypes of soldiersthat you've gleaned from Hollywood. You have a problem with peoplestereotyping hajis, who live in what is more or less a Medievalcountry, yet do the EXACT same thing to military men and women. KILLYOURSELF. 
Goddamn, you actually made me mad on this lovely snow day.

No, I'm basing it off the derogatory comment that the OP just made. Also, I'm saying they are boys and girls because they are VERY young.

Army:
What is the average enlistment age?
In FY08 the average non-prior service enlistment age was 21 for active Army and 20 for the Army Reserve.

[table][tr][td]
FY
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
Average Age RA
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
Average Age AR
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

http://www.2k.army.mil/faqs.htm#age

Marines:
Parris Island graduates more than 17,000 Marines per year. The averagedaily male recruit population is 3,786. The average daily femalerecruit population is 600. San Diego graduates more than 21,000 Marinesper year. The average age of male recruits is 19.1, and female recruitsis 19.3.

http://usmilitary.about.com/od/marinejoin/a/marinebasic.htm?rd=1

These are the average ages. They are fresh out of high school if theyeven finish. I know this, I was approached by recruiters daily onmy way home when I was in high school. You may like to think we have the most educated military in world history, but how can this be possible when our general population isn't the most educated in the world?

I ain't going to go into the most educated thing, there are a lot ofdumb #%@$% in the military.  As far as the dehumanization of the enemy,for the most part that's a survival technique that is a constantstruggle to keep it from going to far and losing your own humanity andnot going far enough and losing your sanity due to all the death yoursurrounded by.  I hate it when I have to hear people that have neverbeen to war, never been in a war-like situation give their two cents onwhat it's like to be a soldier.  There is no possible way you canpossible know the physical, mental, and spiritual torment that it canbe.  You %#!%%%# think I enjoyed see some of the %$#! I aw over there. You think I was sitting in my %#!%%%# trailer jerking off to the imageof dead children.  I will never be the %#!%%%# same.  @@$+!

The only thing that kept me sane sometimes was the thought that maybe I did some good over there, maybe just one little thing.

Sogo ahead, sit back and say what it's like to be a %#!%%%# soldierbecause your fat @%# has 30 hours of logged play time in COD4.  Not anassault on you Dima, you know your cool in my book.

Did I give my two cents on what it is like to be a soldier? I completely sympathize with you, but it was you who made the choice to go over and fight. There was no draft. Do I appreciate it? Of course. I don't blame you for the wars we fight, I feel horrible that you were sent into a country to fight a war that should have ended long ago. However, in any case, dehumanization of anyone quite frankly is not the answer. Any way you slice it it isn't the right path. I'm sure you did do some good and you SHOULD be proud of that. As for the last part, you don't know me, so why the personal attacks? It was excessive and unnecessary quite frankly.

op, you and my cousin both serving our country, i salute you. if i were you, i'd go to hawaii. i'd prefer a place that just rings 'vacation' to the ear.

I went to Antigua after my last deployment in 2006. I've been back every year since.
pimp.gif

By the way OP, you know civilians will never understand... That's why it's best to keep that kinda lingo to yourself.
Anyway, as my Corps says, I share it with you:
Semper Fidelis! Godspeed.

Thanks for your service, brother.

Yourself and the rest of our brave men and women in uniform keep us safe.

Freedom ain't free. Thanks for paying for us.

Once you get back, just enjoy the simple things and take advantage of life.

OP ***% what they say, i'll be there in January.....and good luck to you i got a homeboy who coming back next week, and one who come back in November, and one leaving sunday but he government contractor in the National Guard though....and i'm not going to lie.....i cant wait to go over there. its what i signed up for.. for the dumb ***% who said we don't ##!$ about there culture? sign yo @%@ up and do what we do.....enough said

Back
Top Bottom