Coming to Denver... what to do?

I'm coming to Denver April 9th through the 11th for both a Baseball and a Basketball game.

I got this so far...

Originally Posted by denverairforce

well, if you're gonna be here just for the weekend and you're going to a baseball and basketball game, I would suggest getting a hotel somewhere downtown between 14th and 18th and between Market and Broadway (the closer to market the better, Pepsi Center and Coor's Field are both near there). Here is a downtown map that shows the Pepsi Center, Coor's Field, and some of the hotels down there. you can also just google hotels in 80202 and you should get all the downtown hotels.

the only sneaker boutique store downtown is the 400, which you can walk to from the Market St. side of downtown. check out their website for their address and info: www.the400.net. also if you like SB's, Emage skate shop is right across from where the 400 is so you could stop in there.

as far as restaurants, there's a bunch of places downtown, like I said. I like D'corazon for mexican food (15th and Blake), the Boney's Barbecue cart on 16th Street Mall at Lawrence St. (bomb pulled pork sandwiches, not sure if they're there on the weekends, but they have a storefront too, the sign on the cart says where it is), Biker Jim's sausage cart on 16th St. Mall at Arapahoe (dude has the best "hot dogs" you've ever had, he's got Jalapeno Chedder Elk brats, Wild Boar sausage, Pheasant sausage, Reindeer sausage, stuff like that, ALL bomb, not sure if he's there on weekends or not, I would assume so in the Spring). there's some finer dining too. Cafe Colore is pretty good italian food which is affordable, across from Larimer Square on 15th and Larimer. don't know if you're looking to spend a lot on food or what, but I have heard Osteria Marco on Larimer Square (near the corner of Larimer and 15th) is bomb italian/pizza type food, there's the Chophouse up by 19th and Blake (right south of Coor's field) for steaks (there's also a place right near it called the Keg which is pretty good for steaks, and there's a Ruth's Cris down on Market and 15th or so, and there's a Morton's steakhouse up on Wynkoop I think, near 17th, all bomb steaks but expensive). I mean you can pretty much wander around downtown between 17th and 15th and Market and Broadway and find all kinds of restaurants. some of the hotels have good restaurantsi n them too. there's also Fogo De Chao which is a brazillian steakhouse place, it's like $40 a person plus drinks. I could keep going but that should really get you started.

oh one other thing. if you REALLY want the Colorado eating experience, get on the light rail southbound from 16th street mall and get off at 10th and Osage (just 3 stops from 16th St. Mall) and go to the Buckhorn Exchange. it is the oldest restaurant in Denver and they specialize in game (bison, rattlesnake, elk, etc), it's good. expensive for dinner, but they have good deals during the week for lunch. the walls downstairs are completely covered with animal heads (literally), upstairs the walls are covered in guns, haha. awesome place, I really recommend trying it for the "Colorado" experience. try something adventurous.

OK that's all for now. as you can see I am a food dude, haha. let me know if you need any more info.

also there's a bunch of random stuff on 16th st. mall and Union Station is pretty cool for historic architecture, plus I think there's still a couple clubs there that should be crackin' on the weekend (Rox is one, I forget the other).

- Shopping?
- Sneaker spots?
- Places to eat / bars?
- Places to take my girl?
- Whats good with the river rafting?
nerd.gif

Thanks guys!

Back
Top Bottom