|||--- Common "Universal Mind Control" Tracklisting And Cover (Dropping December 9th) ---|||

This album is cool and has some nice joints but nothing special. I can't agree that its better than Finding Forever. 3.75/5 rating for me. BTW Sex ForSugar may be the worst Common song I have ever heard.

I really like Punch Drunk Love of course, Gladiator is fire, and so is Inhale (I wish this song had another verse).

I like it from what I've heard so far...

Anyone else think of Sucka __'s when they hear "Inhale"?

laugh.gif

I just finished it

Not my flow....at least not what i look for in common.... talkin bout money...$$%!.... and punch drunk love is ....wack

this is com,ing from a common head

Originally Posted by FreddyPee

I just finished it

Not my flow....at least not what i look for in common.... talkin bout money...$$%!.... and punch drunk love is ....wack

this is com,ing from a common head

k..

BTW Sex For Sugar may be the worst Common song I have ever heard.
It probably is. I like every song on the album except for "Sex 4 Suga".

My favorite track is "Make My Day".

Well...I looked through this thread to see what the consensus was: overwhelmingly positive.

I can't agree. I am not feeling anything on this album other than Everywhere. Not saying its wack...but its just not my kind of music.

Make my Day is good beat-wise and cee-lo fits perfect...but Com's verses are straight wack to me.

And it's just not this song...in general...Common really disappointed lyrically on this joint. Couple that with production that really does nothing forme, and this joint is something that will not get more than the mandatory two spins to feel it out.

I'll cop this after work today, just because it's Common....however, I'm not getting a good vibe from some of the reviews I've read so far....

So I just gave the album a listen. Imo, it wasn't worth the money. There were some good songs, but the rest was meh......I'll give it more spinsthough.

Did anyone hear THIS yet? The Punch Drunk Love Neptune Remix? I personally think its better than the whole album.

But real talk, I don't even think this should be classed as an album. Just a complilation of feel good songs that possibly trigger different emotions. More so catered to dance. Common initially stated that this album was going to be more carefree than his usual stuff... but either way, I am taking it forwhat it is and I like it. Sex 4 Sugar probably is probably the song I enjoyed the least.. The song I posted above it probably the best, followed by theoriginal. But, everyone has their oppinions. Maybe he just needed to get this out of his system, and was tired of talking about the struggle and the people..all of that. Shows a nice lighter side I think.

Originally Posted by Jordan Freak 32

I like it from what I've heard so far...

Anyone else think of Sucka __'s when they hear "Inhale"?

laugh.gif
on theneptunes.org they said Chad sample ATCQ on inhale so yeah

Anyone else that says this album is wack is either a Max B fan or skimmed through this album really fast because they saw it was only 10 tracks.

Originally Posted by ILLIONAIRE

Anyone else that says this album is wack is either a Max B fan or skimmed through this album really fast because they saw it was only 10 tracks.
or they just don't like it.

your taste isn't better than anyone else's here. its just YOURS.

to each his own.

I agree with my dude illionaire yall buggin this album if anything is a breath of fresh air from all that simplistic stereotypical hip hop you hear nowadays Ithought it was even eek worthy.

What would make this a much hotter album is reversing the ratio of 7 Neptunes beats and 3 Mr. DJ beats

cuz as it stands, Mr. DJ >>>>>Neptunes on this album
and I expect every die hard Neptunes fan here [WEGETMONEY, NeptunesBeats187, etc.] to be objective enough to agree with me on this.

"Everywhere" still blows me away, may become one of my favorite songs ever in due time, even if Comm getsupstaged

I'm really not shishing on The Neptunes tho
they def get major props for "Gladiator"
and the only wack part of "UMC" [the song] is Common's verses

should've scrapped "Sex 4 Suga" x "Announcement" x"Punch Drunk Love"
tho I haven't heard the alternate version of PDL which everyone seems to think is super hot

I only give "What A World" a pass for now because it introduces Chester French, I really don'tknow whether or not I like the song yet

_

I gave it a couple of spins already, I don't like how the album feels...Pharell and Common just don't work together imo.

qoolquest youngins aint gonna get the "worship tribe, worship jungle" angle of "sex for sugar" but that rhyme style takes me back. i likes. half a minute ago from web

laugh.gif
smh.gif

And you missed "Inhale" ZSong.

Also, What A World featuring Chester French is the confirmed 3rd single. What's weird though is, Common mentioned they shot a video for Changes so Idon't really know what's going on with that.

Back
Top Bottom