Computer P.S.A. (helpful programs, apps, and tips)

I switched back to NOD32 ( :pimp:
pimp.gif
). But when I tried to download the .zip practice file from that website NOD didn't pick it up immeditaly but if I right clicked the file and chose to scan it then it picked it up. What do I do?!

TEAMlateNIGHT
[table][tr][td]>G-MAIL[/td][td]AIM[/td][/tr][/table]​
Sleep Is The Cousin Of Death.

I'm looking for a Cannon 4.0 megapixel or up with over 3x zoom without a crazy flash.

Anyone can help me?

Nick, I did all that and is still isn't working. :-\

Also, I remember you posting a whole bunch of tweaks and crap for FF in a FF Extensions thread a while ago, could you re-post the link to the website?

TEAMlateNIGHT
[table][tr][td]>G-MAIL[/td][td]AIM[/td][/tr][/table]​
Sleep Is The Cousin Of Death.

ok fellow niketalkers, my iinternet is constantly turning off and on. Somtimes it turns off and i have to pull out the internet wire, disonnect my connection and plug it back in like 5 minutes later. I have comcast high speed internet, and i also have a router. Can it be the router thats flickering my connection? Thanks in advance

Note* i've emailed comcast and linksys about this problem, no solution as of yet.

Ok so here is the problem, every time I go on hypebeast.com and certain google pages, my laptop automaticly sends me to a page that I can see at my bottom toolbar says (Connecting 127.0.0.1) and then I get sent to this page: www.google.com/hws/dell/a...[timestamp]?
but only after I have seen the site (hypebeast.com) for a couple of seconds then seconds later I get to the above address.
You gotta make it do what it do, Baby!

"Straight outta LoCash/ crazy muthaf*^%a named GUSTO"

My Problem is that ever since I reinstalled windows XP pro on my computer my speakers do not work... I have the disc but re-installing it doesn't do anything... anything in particular that would help me? I would appreciate it highly. Thanks
SGF The God

Quote:
My Problem is that ever since I reinstalled windows XP pro on my computer my speakers do not work... I have the disc but re-installing it doesn't do anything... anything in particular that would help me? I would appreciate it highly. Thanks

There are some popups that turn off your system sound. I am not sure if thats your problem, but I have to do this a couple of times:

start>control panel>sound and speeches>adjust system volume

You can adjust the system volume on the sliding bar.
you will also see "advanced", you can click on that and make sure all hte volumes are up.

i had a HP pc then the modem got messed up so i kept the monitor and he speakers and got a compaq. i now, it have no sound at all. how do i fix this?

Anyone use muvee autoProducer 4.

If you do when u make your own movie and you dont want a style in there how do you get the style out just want it to play through with no style at all. please contact me
aim-tpmikey1
papimikey@yahoo.com

Can someone tell me how do I know if I have a static IP or a dynamic one.
I am who I am
Bonafide101

Can anyone suggest a good pop-up blocker? I had one where I could add a URL to block pop-ups from instantly. The program "died" on me, but now I can't find a pop-up blocker that works the same.....I want to be able to add URLs to block pop-ups from, that's the key.....
Go See ATL For One Reason....Lauren London. Yezzir!

Big ups to the people who share their tech expertise with everyone else.
My computer started acting a fool this week. So I downloaded CC Cleaner, AdAware and Spybot Search and Destroy. They all seemed to work and freed up a lot of space for me. HOWEVA (Stephen A. Smith) I still have some problems. When I go to sites like ESPN, CNNSI, CNN, EBAY it takes forever to load and in some cases they don't load at all. Then if they do load everything from there on is really slow. When I go to sites like Niketalk or blog sites, it loads and functions normally. This is the first time I've had this problem. I realize that it could be the ads on the larger sites that are slowing me down. And I don't want to eliminate or alter those ads because I never had a problem with them before. I'm using IE and don't want to change that because it worked great up till a few days ago.
Also when I start my computer and get to my desktop a box pops up with this: Error IBM00001.DLL. I just close it and move on. But this error just showed up a couple a days ago and it has to have something to do with internet troubles.
Any Advice?

Hey guys,

My uncle ordered me a laptop off Dell and its being sent to me. (Wealthy uncle appreciation)

I got the specs for it, Its an inspiron 630m, I know its not the newest or greatest laptop, but im not a gamer and i dont plan to download music or videos on it. Just basic work, occasionally watch a DVD, and everyday use. Can someone give me a review who knows what parts these are and how they will perform? Would you say its a good laptop based on these specs? These are the specs of it emailed to me by dell:

222-0315
I630M,PM 750(1.86 GHZ),UM

Yes

311-5430
1GB,DDR2,533MHZ,2 DIMM,I6

Yes

312-0354
53 WHR,6-CELL,LION,PRIM B

Yes

313-3767
INTERNAL 56K MDM AND NIC,

Yes

313-4082
24X COMBO - DVD/CD-RW,I63

Yes

320-4414
INTEGRATED INTEL VIDEO,I6

Yes

320-4419
LCD,14.1,WXGATL,I630M/XPS

Yes

412-0148
NO ISP REQUESTED

Yes

412-0689
IMAGE RESTORE, INSP

Yes

412-0845
PHOTO ALBUM 6.0 STARTER,D

Yes

412-0850
MCAFEE 7.0,OEM,ENG,90DAY,

Yes

420-4830
DELL SUPPORT 3.0,INSP

Yes

420-4928
WINDOWS MEDIA PLAYER 10,I

Yes

420-5590
WINXP MCE 2005,ENG,INSP,N

Yes

420-5784
SONIC CINEPLAYER,INSP,XPS

Yes

420-5787
ROXIO CREATOR LE,NON XPS,

Yes

430-1048
ADOBE ACROBAT READER,V6.0

Yes

430-1461
INTEL PRO/WRLS 2915,A/B/G

Yes

463-2282
THANKS FOR PURCHASING YOU

Yes

464-6068
100GB HARD DRIVE,I630M/XP

Yes

412-0674
AOL 9.0 ,FI,ENGLISH CANAD

Yes

412-0803
WORDPERFECT OFFICE 12 + T

Yes

950-3610
RTD,INSP,SOL,INIT YR, REL

No

960-2780
WARRANTY SPRT,INSP,INIT Y

Yes

983-2207
INFO, SERVICES DELL

Yes

009-6800
SHIPPING FEE

Yes

310-7149
BACKUP MEDIA FOR XP MCE,0

Yes

430-1440
INT 350 BLUETOOTH WRLESS,

Yes

950-9057
NO WARRANTY,YRS 2/3(1-1-1

Yes

Kicks R Me, it's better than you think. Though you're right about gaming, there's no video card on it, you will be able to do everything else on it. Pentium M 1.83 GHz ain't bad at all. 14" screen, nice 1 GB of DDR2, 100 GB drive. You'll be able to download movies and music for sure, though I'm sure it's not a 7200 RPM drive. But, Dell always loads their systems with tons of crappy software that takes up alot of space. It's a pretty nice system.

I'll have my Dell XPS M1710 in about a month. I'm sure it won't dissapoint. The Nvidia 7900 GTX is an awesome card, so i can't wait.

can anybody help me with the MAME 32 program...everytime i try to play a game it says it cant find the files
LIVE AS IF YOU WOULD DIE TOMORROW, LEARN AS IF YOU WOULD LIVE FOREVER

* Ronpanico1 *AJFREAK954 * OnlySomeJordan* kingofny04 * morekixthenkarateflix​
* goldenarmz97 * Its FokiS * DRJordanFreak88 * NAPONAPO* hnydlr * PhatDominican​

Thanks jmedora for the info, thats good to hear. WOuld it be possible to add a video card to a laptop if I wanted to?

Adding a Video Card to a laptop is possible, but very difficult. You'd first have to check the motherboard, was it a 915 PM motherboard? The motherboard will have to have either a PCI Express slot or an AGP slot (which I doubt it will have because the technology has been abandoned), or if it's really low end, no expansion slots at all. You'll need a real laptop geek basically. If I could get the layout of the laptop, I could do it for you. The only problem is because it's a 14", It's hard to find such a small video card, that's readilly available. You have to understand that everything in a laptop is compressed like 10X from a PC, so even getting it to fit in could be a problem. You might be able to find a really low end ATI card to fit (though they suck), but all of this would void your warranty which it seems that you don't have. I'd reccomend calling Dell and getting a warranty, because you'll never know with laptops, it may not work the first day out of the box.

Quote:
That's a browser Hijacker, run Ad-Aware, Spybot, and MS Antispyware, and see if you can change it. If not, download Hijack This!, and go to this forum, and post up your log in the forum, there's some good people there. Here's the forum:

Yo that forum is the truth, they helped me fix my computer :wow:
eek.gif
No Viruses
[/b]​

I would like to thank everyone who handed out some tips in this thread, I have used many of them and my computer is working almost like brand new. However, I do have one problem left. I downloaded firefox and I want to start using it over explorer, but there is one thing holding me back. On the "pointing device" of my notebook computer, there is a little scroll mechanism on the right, and I have come to rely on it in explorer, but Firefox wont let me use it. Anyone have an answer? Again, thanks a lot!

Back
Top Bottom