Confessions

Did you already take it and get your score? Are you applying this cycle?

MCAT is a big factor for admissions but I know of people with low scores who got into good schools, even without any great extracurriculars.

That said, you need to realize this is about you, not your family. And be honest with yourself. Why exactly do you want to go to med school? What other career paths would you be happy with? What field or type of work will you excel at? Are you willing to reapply next year if you don't get in?

Rejection sucks regardless, but look at the bigger picture.
Nope haven't taken it yet planning on taking it in January right before they change to the new format that will be twice as long as the current one. I realize that this is for me but everything I do, I want to make my parents proud. I guess its because they have been hyping me up to be a success to become a doctor telling their friends and relatives about it. If I end up failing then it will feel like I have failed them and thats the last thing I want to give to my family.

I have aspirations to become a doctor because of the will to help others and the financial security. I want to help kids especially those in poorer countries where doctors are not widely available and they are the future.

I'll be honest I dont know what else will make me happy and what other things I can do. This past couple years I have taken a knack for poker. Been ga,bling without my parents knowledge of it because they are against me gambling. I've done pretty well buying myself new high brand clothing stuff, shoes, electronics and not having my parents find out. And when I am talking about pretty well I am talking about starting out with $100 and making it to 2k in about 3 trips for 2.5hrs each day I ago. But poker is not the answer to long term finacial stabilityI feel if I fail the MCAT my motivations and everything will fall apart because I will panic and not know what to do or how to proceed.

You have a lot of time to study. Why are you worried you won't do well? Enroll in Kaplan or something. I realize they're expensive and overrated, but at least it'll force you to follow a schedule and study. Turn your worries into motivation. Or are you worried about your grades?

As for parental pressure... that's understandable. I'm sure they're proud of you. But don't feel indebted to do something just because they've told their friends. Let them push you but you have to choose the direction to go in.

Medicine and gambling are two very different things. It doesn't sound like you've seriously considered a lot of other fields. What is your major? Do you like writing? Math? Engineering? Biology? Put it this way -- if you're talented enough to go into medicine and are ambitious, there are literally dozens of fields you can go into and succeed it. And it'll require less work than medicine does.

It's one of the problems with medicine (and some other professional fields). It requires lots of hard work starting early on that you never truly get a chance to explore other options. But just be aware that there are other options that could even be better.

Last edited:
Youre correct when you said I havent considered any other options but I am a Bio major and that usually either means teaching, medical, or research. I dont like math its not that I am not good at it its that I dont really care for it much. I sorta like writing but theirs not much opportunity to make money from that to be honest.

I guess my problem is I'm only motivated to things that give me instant gratification. I try to do thngs long term to be beneficial to me in the future but I lose motivation a few weeks in because I havent been rewarded for this effort I put in. That why I guess I like poker because I can see the rewards immediately.

I have started studying but like I said above the motivation will slowly lose itself but I keep trying everyday to keep true to the game plan.

There's this girl I sort of work with, but I know her through work. I would easily try to do something with her, and feel like I could, but she's only 19, I just can't do it. If she was like 22-23... but 19... nah. I just can't do it. I just turned 27 btw.

am90

I never know whether or not to take you srs
You confession about "alcoholism" seems ingenuine, and more specifically seems to be a cry for attention (like some of your posts- just submitted bc of boredom) so I don't necessarily want to waste my time with a thought out response. For the record, you sound less like an addict with a reward pathway issue, and more like a typical generation-y'er, sooooo

My best friend paid someone to blow up his quatroporte at my bachelor party because he had trans problems and it needed like 20k worth of repairs!! Geico for ya money.....

My best friend paid someone to blow up his quatroporte at my bachelor party because he had trans problems and it needed like 20k worth of repairs!! Geico for ya money.....
snitch

on another note I hate doing meaningless task.... if its not going to challenge me in any type of way  I dont want anything to do with it

Last edited:

So you're either hating or trying to get dude yoked up. :smh:

You need to stop calling him your best friend since you're blasting his felonious activity all over the internet. This is the thread where you confess what's going on in YOUR life, not tell on your people.

Honestly, you may be right. That seems like the best route to take. But considering we have shared accounts/property it's gonna be a bit of a process. But honestly, that's probably what's best for my sanity.

You're controlling and you come off like you got OCD

I don't frequent this thread often.

I just want to be clear: is this a thread for talking about personal issues or snitching on friends/fam?

I don't frequent this thread often.
I just want to be clear: is this a thread for talking about personal issues or snitching on friends/fam?
Personal issues homie

You wana share something? We're here for you buddy

Aight. Here it goes.

I am in a deep bind.

I am technically suspended from school and I'm taking summer classes with a student loan. I don't think I'm getting an A though I may be able to salvage a B.

If the school says I do well enough they say they'll life my suspension.  But then there is the issue of paying for the next semester because my and folks and I are at odds about my college career. I'm just trying to make it through and I need money. 

Speaking of which Target owes me 150 from my last check and hasn't paid in almost a month. It's bad cuz I need to pay bills and I need to pay for a background check for my new job and it may be too late to get one now cuz it wont clear in time for the deadline for my new job. Sigh.

That was MY bachelor party, i set the demo up for him to help him get out of a bad situation!! He never even met the MAN just gave me some doe to exchange hands, kept it on my chest for a decade, no snitch moves...

Aight. Here it goes.

I am in a deep bind.
I am technically suspended from school and I'm taking summer classes with a student loan. I don't think I'm getting an A though I may be able to salvage a B.
If the school says I do well enough they say they'll life my suspension.  But then there is the issue of paying for the next semester because my and folks and I are at odds about my college career. I'm just trying to make it through and I need money. 

Speaking of which Target owes me 150 from my last check and hasn't paid in almost a month. It's bad cuz I need to pay bills and I need to pay for a background check for my new job and it may be too late to get one now cuz it wont clear in time for the deadline for my new job. Sigh.

1. I pray you applied for financial aid.
2. What kind of job is where YOU have to pay for the background check? :x
3. I'm going into Target and speaking to the store manager only. Either give me my money now, or we're going to court.

Aight. Here it goes.

I am in a deep bind.

1. I pray you applied for financial aid.
2. What kind of job is where YOU have to pay for the background check?
sick.gif

3. I'm going into Target and speaking to the store manager only. Either give me my money now, or we're going to court.
Thanks.

Poor phrasing, it's a deposit. We pay for it ourselves then they give back once they get the results.

I'll do that.

Last edited:
yo I  gotta get out my ppls crib..I feel like a lil kid man **** just eating away at me...but maybe im just trippin idk..I just gotta get out on my own

For the first time in my relationship, I am being truly tested. 

It was my first night out with the fellas in about 3 months, I find a nice piece who my type by her lonely.

I pull the number, we text all night , following morning

That was 3 nights ago, The old me would have been asked her on a date. I think I might love my girl.

Back
Top Bottom