CONFIRMED: Air Jordan 4 Cool Grey August 2019

Crazy how little fanfare there is for 3s over the last few years. AMM aside almost every pair has sat. Great for us fans but just odd how the hype can pass by such a seminal model in the Nike/JB catalogue
I agree... 3s are a better looking model than 4s to me. They tend to give 4s better colorways but when they do give the 3s fire colorways like the UNC or am, they always hit it out of the park. Also I'm speaking for myself when I say this but 3s seem to always look best with white uppers.

I remember growing up, a lot of people said 3s were their favorite J. This new generation doesn't hold them in the same regard.

Because a lot of us grew up with the free throw line dunk contest poster on our walls or people watched that dunk contest live or on VHS

So they don't equate sneakers to what he did in them.

I think that's why the prices jumped from the last dance.

5284.jpg

DVWiYXJVMAAGFJF

Maybe. I'm only 29 so I'm younger than a lot of ya, but even in my age group a lot of heads love 3s. That was before we were born :lol:

I don't see that same hype in kids in high school right now.
This. I'll be 29 in a few months. Never saw Jordan play until he unretired and joined Washington. Most dudes in my age group love 3s just as much as me. The youth is all about 1s, 4s, forces, and dunks. They wear other retros but those are the main 4 I see.

Edit: surprisingly see a lot of 12s worn by the youth as well.

I'm 36, and while I like 3s and definitely recognize their significance, and since my dad was a huge MJ fan, I've been a fan and watched him play for as long as I can remember (totally rooted against and HATED him when he played and beat my Sonics in '96 though), I've personally never been the BIGGEST fan of 3s. They've always been on the plain side to me, with besides the elephant print, not having tons of panels/overlays, and textures. Honestly, 3s aren't even in my top 5.
For me personally, my top 5 ranking is:
1 > 4 > 6 > 11 > 8

Crazy how little fanfare there is for 3s over the last few years. AMM aside almost every pair has sat. Great for us fans but just odd how the hype can pass by such a seminal model in the Nike/JB catalogue
Lack of good new Retro + CW's is the reason JB damn near gave up even trying with the 3's :lol:

1's and 4 's has a crazy amount of good to great CW options

3's , 6's and 11's are still really popular

I don't think 11's are as popular as 4's nowadays

I can't agree with that when JB can drop any of the most popular 11's Concords, SJ's, Cool Greys, Breds, Columbias with a million plus pairs available and they all sell out with people still not getting a pair.

It's a lot of people who only go for 1 Jordan a year and its the Holiday 11.

I can't agree with that when JB can drop any of the most popular 11's Concords, SJ's, Cool Greys, Breds, Columbias with a million plus pairs available and they all sell out with people still not getting a pair.

Yeah the 11s drops are like the super bowl of sneaker releases.

Ehhh, one colorway a year is the reason for that.

If they release 11's throughout the year like other models, it wouldn't be as in your face as December is with 11's.

Plus, those colorways you mentioned are certified classics. They gon sell out regardless every time.

Back
Top Bottom