CONFIRMED: Air Jordan 4 Cool Grey August 2019

To the ones that was able to casually pick up after RD that’s amazing and all but where in DEE HAAAAIL do you guys live?!?! Coz that’s wild!!!

these sat hard...and i live in a major city (LA). i saw them in vegas weeks after release and eventually copped them in Austin in mid September. that was like 6 weeks after release. i almost thought they'd hit sales, but by that point they started drying up.

I ain’t saying you wrong but I had Max HS on Footlocker, Champs and Footaction and was only able to double up 🤷🏽‍♂️

For $174 a pop I would’ve triple up EZ on these…

37415FA4-30CF-4D40-9483-B3FCAB6743EC.jpeg

It used to be more common. I lived just outside Chicago and saw these on the shelves for a while.

Cool Grey IV's were on shelves for months...so were Black Cat's, BC4's restocked like a million times.

Everything didn't get wonky until COVID. If it was a GR Jordan I vividly remember being able to pick and choose which pair I wanted, being able to get multiples with ease etc.

From 2015-2019 I missed on one "GR" Jordan that I tried for at retail and that was the Bred Toe 1's.

I ain’t saying you wrong but I had Max HS on Footlocker, Champs and Footaction and was only able to double up 🤷🏽‍♂️

For $174 a pop I would’ve triple up EZ on these…

37415FA4-30CF-4D40-9483-B3FCAB6743EC.jpeg

Did you try going to stores after or go to different websites.

black cats and cool greys weren't hard to get for a while.

No I didn’t, I don’t like going to the malls…. if I don’t hit the I don’t bother going lol

Yeah, they were one of those kicks that a lot of people didn't pick up, because there was no resell value when they dropped.

Both would have been considered bricks. Then Covid and the last dance happen and prices jumped like crazy.

Real question is, how did the 4s become the second most popular model during these last few years?

And I'd argue that they've surpassed the 1s in popularity in the last two years because of resell value. But also they release a lot more 1s compared to 4s.

Resell =/= Popularity

4's just don't get as many colorways and the ones we have been getting haven't been terrible like 1's.

I determine popularity by what I see people wearing the most and on any given day I still see 1's, Dunks (Pandas), and Yeezy 350's more than any other shoe.

Yeah, they were one of those kicks that a lot of people didn't pick up, because there was no resell value when they dropped.

Both would have been considered bricks. Then Covid and the last dance happen and prices jumped like crazy.
Ah ok, got it 🙏🏽… that’s crazy coz the quality on both my pairs are top notch… your miles may vary of course… we are talking about JB after all 🤣

I’d argue 1s are still more popular than 4s for the casual sneaker head.

Resell =/= Popularity

4's just don't get as many colorways and the ones we have been getting haven't been terrible like 1's.

I determine popularity by what I see people wearing the most and on any given day I still see 1's, Dunks (Pandas), and Yeezy 350's more than any other shoe.
Well I see more white-white Air Forces 1 than anything. So they're more popular than all of these shoes we've named.

Popularity amongst regular folk and popularity amongst people who characterise themselves as "heads" is a different thing though. Amongst heads, especially young ones, it does feel like 4s are more coveted than 1s because as someone said above, less colorways, no take down models, less ubiquitous.

1s and dunks have gone completey mainstream to the point that people who previously wore standard vans and chucks now wear them instead. Don't get me started on cooked white on whites...

Regular Dunks are new to me. Been on the SB wave since like 06-07.

More inclined to buy SBs as well.

Half the SB Dunks that come out look like clown shoes. They're full of stupid gimmicks too like peel-away uppers and velcro and zippers.

I don't understand how people who claim to be sneakerheads buy them but at the same time make fun of an Air Jordan that has pink or some other wild color.

Half the SB Dunks that come out look like clown shoes. They're full of stupid gimmicks too like peel-away uppers and velcro and zippers.

I don't understand how people who claim to be sneakerheads buy them but at the same time make fun of an Air Jordan that has pink or some other wild color.
Don't like Polaroids or Parras? Those the two I own currently.

Back
Top Bottom