Congratulations to the 2009 New Orleans Saints....Super Bowl Bound.

Originally Posted by TheGift23

Originally Posted by kix4kix

u know it's gloomy when their only hope is a Favre meltdown. Saints will lose by double digits.
Getting carried away...

Only hope? Hardly. That's just the reality of what's going to happen. Don't worry, the Saints offense will light up the Vikings D as well. Justsaying, Favre isn't gonna help the cause any... better hope AP finally shows up.

[h1]Ray Edwards has mild MCL sprain[/h1]
Posted by Mike Florio on January 18, 2010 9:10 PM ET
Vikings coach Brad Childress said earlier today that he thinks defensive end Ray Edwards (who did his best Chris Doleman impression on Sunday) "will be OK" for the NFC title game.

According to Steve Wyche of NFL.com, Edwards has a mild MCL sprain.

Typically, a mild MCL sprain renders a player day-to-day.

Edwards had three sacks and six hurries against the Cowboys as he routinely beat right tackle Marc Colombo.

Originally Posted by doyung9

Only hope? Hardly. That's just the reality of what's going to happen. Just saying, Favre isn't gonna help the cause any... better hope AP finally shows up.
Cowboys Total Defense: 9th ranked
Cowboys Pass Defense: 20th ranked

Saints Total Defense: 25th ranked
Saints Pass Defense: 26th ranked

Favre threw 4 TDs, 0 INTs vs. Dallas.

I don't know why you think Favre is going to break down against your defense who is worse in both categories than the Cowboys who he just threw 4TDs-0 INTsagainst. Not to mention, only one time this season has Favre thrown more than one interception in a game.

You're grasping at straws, sir.

EDIT: Although I will say playing on the road is going to be different than playing at home. He hasn't had a breakdown yet though.

We all know that both teams have tons of weapons on the offensive side, and we've seen time and time again that in games like these one of defenses has tostep up and make a couple stops to win the game and since the Vikings' D > Saints' D I'm going with the Vikes in this one.

Should be a good game. Like someone said earlier, I think this game comes down to turnovers.

The nation has spoken
5bc3692b17ac821c51f1eb164aa8bd982c95bca1.gif

25t86xh.jpg

No, I did not account for half of these votes
laugh.gif

The more the days go by and the more I think about this game, the more confident I feel that Minnesota will win.

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

The more the days go by and the more I think about this game, the more confident I feel that Minnesota will win.
Elaborate bro. Lets hear your thoughts so far. I'm kinda worried. Home field advantage is the biggest factor working in either team'sfavor, which means the Saints obviously. What's making you feel more confident as the days go on? I'm not questioning that, we have reason to feel goodabout the team right now, but damn I need a confidence boost right now for the game on Sunday.
smh.gif

Originally Posted by JPZx

Elaborate bro. Lets hear your thoughts so far. I'm kinda worried. Home field advantage is the biggest factor working in either team's favor, which means the Saints obviously. What's making you feel more confident as the days go on? I'm not questioning that, we have reason to feel good about the team right now, but damn I need a confidence boost right now for the game on Sunday.
smh.gif

I'm actually glad you asked. Here's some of what I have so far:

- Visanthe Shiancoe. Everyone now knows to beware of Sidney Rice. CB's man up with Sharper helping over top. However you want to spin the coverage, Sidneyshould see a hefty amount of double teams. Favre is great at hitting Shiancoe in the middle of the field, and anywhere Shiancoe is quite frankly. He runs a lotof routes like a WR and can run routes from the outside like a WR too. He had a quiet game vs. Dallas, but he'll put up big numbers this weekend when allthe focus will be on Rice.

- Saints can't stop the run. Peterson has been lackluster to say the least for a few months now, but this game is exactly why Minnesota drafted him. Theair show that this team has been putting on this year is the perfect counter balance that brings an asset like Peterson to the forefront. Call it a hunch ifyou want, but Peterson will have over 150 total yards in this game, which is surprising that I'm calling for that as a hunch when AP is one of the best. Asidenote is Chester who does everything for this team. Aside from blocking I absolutely love what he brings to the table in the screen game. Minnesota uses himin that aspect to almost perfection and the timing has been very good with it of late and I expect that to continue.

Longwell > Hartley. Dome game. Blah! Cancels out the kicking game right? No way. Hartley has no experience in big games and hardly has any real experienceanyway. Longwell is clutch and has been for years. I fully trust him to drill any FG in pressure situations.

Bush is a real threat, but Minnesota tackles a lot better on special teams than they did last year. He won't break many tackles, if any, and Minnesota willdo whatever it is to have a swarming attack on special teams to limit Bush.

Points will be scored by Brees and N.O., but New Orleans doesn't have the greatest of O-lines and Minnesota has a very great D-Line. Pressure + hands inBrees' face limit his abilities to make the easy throws. Even if he does get the ball off, Johnson and Griffin are playing great. Shockey is hurt anyway.One less threat.

- Everyone thinks Favre will revert back to his gunslinging ways and ruin the game for Minnesota, but along with the great stats he's putting up, he'splaying his smartest football ever. I've heard some analysts say that that play where he took the sack and dropped to the ground before being hit was thebest play of the game for Favre. He's retrained his game accentuate the talent around him rather than be the one main focus. He'll have another greatgame.

Initially I was nervous about this matchup too, but Minnesota is a the team that can give N.O. fits all day given their styles of play. Also, playing as theunderdog and not having to worry about a grass field makes me even more confident.

Forgot to add...This three headed running attack talk for N.O. is null and void against this Minnesota D. They're playing great and nothing about thosebacks standout as an advantageous threat against a very good run D. The Saints are going to be completely one dimensional against Minnesota and everyone knowsthat. Leslie Frazier is no exception and will game plan accordingly. He's a very great defensive mind and when given the chance to prepare vs. a onedimensional team, he'll succeed everytime.

ek24va.jpg

Would be a pretty significant loss....Meachem has 9 TDs this year.

They'd then go with Colston, Henderson, Moore as their 1-2-3?

Elaborate bro. Lets hear your thoughts so far. I'm kinda worried. Home field advantage is the biggest factor working in either team's favor, which means the Saints obviously. What's making you feel more confident as the days go on? I'm not questioning that, we have reason to feel good about the team right now, but damn I need a confidence boost right now for the game on Sunday.
smh.gif

I'm actually glad you asked. Here's some of what I have so far:

- Visanthe Shiancoe. Everyone now knows to beware of Sidney Rice. CB's man up with Sharper helping over top. However you want to spin the coverage, Sidney should see a hefty amount of double teams. Favre is great at hitting Shiancoe in the middle of the field, and anywhere Shiancoe is quite frankly. He runs a lot of routes like a WR and can run routes from the outside like a WR too. He had a quiet game vs. Dallas, but he'll put up big numbers this weekend when all the focus will be on Rice.

- Saints can't stop the run. Peterson has been lackluster to say the least for a few months now, but this game is exactly why Minnesota drafted him. The air show that this team has been putting on this year is the perfect counter balance that brings an asset like Peterson to the forefront. Call it a hunch if you want, but Peterson will have over 150 total yards in this game, which is surprising that I'm calling for that as a hunch when AP is one of the best. A sidenote is Chester who does everything for this team. Aside from blocking I absolutely love what he brings to the table in the screen game. Minnesota uses him in that aspect to almost perfection and the timing has been very good with it of late and I expect that to continue.

Longwell > Hartley. Dome game. Blah! Cancels out the kicking game right? No way. Hartley has no experience in big games and hardly has any real experience anyway. Longwell is clutch and has been for years. I fully trust him to drill any FG in pressure situations.

Bush is a real threat, but Minnesota tackles a lot better on special teams than they did last year. He won't break many tackles, if any, and Minnesota will do whatever it is to have a swarming attack on special teams to limit Bush.

Points will be scored by Brees and N.O., but New Orleans doesn't have the greatest of O-lines and Minnesota has a very great D-Line. Pressure + hands in Brees' face limit his abilities to make the easy throws. Even if he does get the ball off, Johnson and Griffin are playing great. Shockey is hurt anyway. One less threat.

- Everyone thinks Favre will revert back to his gunslinging ways and ruin the game for Minnesota, but along with the great stats he's putting up, he's playing his smartest football ever. I've heard some analysts say that that play where he took the sack and dropped to the ground before being hit was the best play of the game for Favre. He's retrained his game accentuate the talent around him rather than be the one main focus. He'll have another great game.

Initially I was nervous about this matchup too, but Minnesota is a the team that can give N.O. fits all day given their styles of play. Also, playing as the underdog and not having to worry about a grass field makes me even more confident.

Forgot to add...This three headed running attack talk for N.O. is null and void against this Minnesota D. They're playing great and nothing about those backs standout as an advantageous threat against a very good run D. The Saints are going to be completely one dimensional against Minnesota and everyone knows that. Leslie Frazier is no exception and will game plan accordingly. He's a very great defensive mind and when given the chance to prepare vs. a one dimensional team, he'll succeed everytime.

Cliffs?
laugh.gif

But I'm with you, I got confidence, I think we're better than the Saints.
My only concern is our secondary v. their WRs. But I think we'll be fine, this should be high scoring anyway.
In my eyes, if we can get some consistent pressure on Brees, we win.

Can't wait.

Cliffs?
- Shiancoe will have a huge game with much of the attention on Rice
- Saints can't stop the run and AP is due.
- Chester Taylor as the x-factor in the blocking and screen game.
- Vikings Special teams > Saints ST's. Longwell is clutch. Hartley is inexperienced. Kluwe is on fire. Bush has NEVER had great games back to back.
- Favre won't slip up. He's playing great and has no reason to play stupid with the weapons he has. People waiting for his self destruction will bedisappointed.
- Saints won't be able to run against Minnesota. Leslie Frazier vs. a one dimensional team equals success for Minnesota.

Hate to go against my state team...but i cant root against my fav qb....Favre is gonna get this done Vikes 31- Saints 28

If Meach doesn't play, I'm not sure how loose L. Moore is... he's played so sparingly over the season.

It's a toss-up, either team can easily win, I'll still stand by my earlier prediction that the Saints get it done with some ease due to a Favremeltdown of sorts, but if both teams play up to par, then this will be the best game of the playoffs. I'm 100% confident the NFC is winning the Superbowlthis year.

[h1]Harvin missing from start of practice[/h1]
Posted by Mike Florio on January 21, 2010 3:34 PM ET
Long-suffering Vikings fans have been waiting (actually, bracing) for something to happen to derail what appears to be the team's best shot at a Super Bowl win since 1998.

And so plenty of them likely aren't surprised by the latest news that, once again, receiver Percy Harvin is nowhere to be seen.

As the Vikings commenced practice on Thursday, Harvin wasn't on the field with his teammates, according to Judd Zulgad of the Minneapolis Star Tribune.

Obvious suspicion? Harvin's migraine headaches have returned.

He visited the Mayo Clinic in December after missing extended time earlier that month, and he said that doctors devised a "great plan" for treating the affliction that has bothered him for years.

Harvin was named the AP offensive rookie of the year. He caught only three passes for 23 yards against the Cowboys and he didn't have much of an impact in the return game -- due in large part to the fact that the Cowboys only kicked off twice, and both were touchbacks.

Also absent was defensive end Ray Edwards (knee) and defensive tackle Kevin Williams (knee).

And that could be the bigger problem for the Vikings, given that the defensive line put the clamps on the Cowboys on Sunday.
Harvin, Edwards, and K.Williams all didn't practice.
ohwell.gif

Most people say Thursday is the biggest tell on whether a player will play or not in the following game. I hope this is just a smokescreen, but I don'tdoubt that Percy's migraines could have sparked up again.

Waiting Doyung

There's all these talks about how we have to jump on the Saints early and kill their crowd/momentum/hype etc and that will be the way we win, becauseSaints don't play as well from behind or something.

How well did that work for the Cardinals last week though? The first play from scrimmage Tim Hightower ran for a 70-yard score, and they ended up losing 14-45.I don't see how jumping on them early is going to be a factor in whether we win or lose. Obviously, it'd be nice, but its not a key to beating the NewOrleans Saints.

[h1]Harvin missing from start of practice[/h1]
Posted by Mike Florio on January 21, 2010 3:34 PM ET
Long-suffering Vikings fans have been waiting (actually, bracing) for something to happen to derail what appears to be the team's best shot at a Super Bowl win since 1998.

And so plenty of them likely aren't surprised by the latest news that, once again, receiver Percy Harvin is nowhere to be seen.

As the Vikings commenced practice on Thursday, Harvin wasn't on the field with his teammates, according to Judd Zulgad of the Minneapolis Star Tribune.

Obvious suspicion? Harvin's migraine headaches have returned.

He visited the Mayo Clinic in December after missing extended time earlier that month, and he said that doctors devised a "great plan" for treating the affliction that has bothered him for years.

Harvin was named the AP offensive rookie of the year. He caught only three passes for 23 yards against the Cowboys and he didn't have much of an impact in the return game -- due in large part to the fact that the Cowboys only kicked off twice, and both were touchbacks.

Also absent was defensive end Ray Edwards (knee) and defensive tackle Kevin Williams (knee).

And that could be the bigger problem for the Vikings, given that the defensive line put the clamps on the Cowboys on Sunday.
Harvin, Edwards, and K.Williams all didn't practice.
ohwell.gif

Most people say Thursday is the biggest tell on whether a player will play or not in the following game. I hope this is just a smokescreen, but I don't doubt that Percy's migraines could have sparked up again.

it's migraines again
ohwell.gif

Childress thinks he'll be ok to play but isn't sure

[h1]Prince creates a Vikings fight song[/h1]
Posted by Mike Florio on January 21, 2010 9:02 PM ET
Pop star Prince has been spotted at a couple of Vikings games this year, and we can't quite tell whether the look on his face suggests he really doesn't want to be there, or whether he's just had his Botox tank topped off.

Apparently, it's the latter.

Prince, via our pal Brooks, is releasing a Vikings fight song tonight.

Based on the lyrics of some of his classics like "Erotic City" and "Let's Pretend We're Married," we can only wonder what kind of stuff he's going to have Brett Favre and Jared Allen doing.

Insert perfunctory quote from "The Outing."
Dude's a Vikings fan apparently. I know he's from Minnesota but I've never seen him at a game until this season
laugh.gif

prince-havin-a-blast-at-the-vikings-game-23462-1259539383-129.jpg

zyhrb9.jpg

Lookin mad ayo and looking like he doesn't know why he's anywhere near a football game
laugh.gif

*Curious about the song. I'm not a fan of Prince but whatever.

Originally Posted by doyung9

If Meach doesn't play, I'm not sure how loose L. Moore is... he's played so sparingly over the season.

It's a toss-up, either team can easily win, I'll still stand by my earlier prediction that the Saints get it done with some ease due to a Favre meltdown of sorts, but if both teams play up to par, then this will be the best game of the playoffs. I'm 100% confident the NFC is winning the Superbowl this year.

Everyone thinks Favre will revert back to his gunslinging ways and ruin the game for Minnesota, but along with the great stats he's putting up, he's playing his smartest football ever. He's retrained his game accentuate the talent around him rather than be the one main focus. He'll have another great game.
P.S. - Harvin's career is ending early. They better get what they can out of him now.

Morbid much?
laugh.gif

Nah but really I think he will struggle with migraines his whole career but it's not going to end his career early....migraines don't do that.

Back
Top Bottom