Conversations to Avoid Having on a First Date

Complex had an article back in 2013. 30 Conversations to Avoid Having on a First Date
25. Esoteric And Obscure Pop Culture References

eHarmony has summarized it to Eight:
#1 ANYTHING AT ALL that has to do with your ex
#2 Topics that Revolve Around your Affluence
#3 Tales of Your Old Glory Days
#4 Pushing Your Agenda
#5 Your Fabulous Party Past
#6 The Minute Details of Your Job
#7 Your Health Challenges
#8 Talking About All The Other People You’re Dating

It's a bit easier if this is someone you've met through friends. But when it comes to a complete stranger, you're gonna have to test the water for the right temperature.

When you get desperate, you start throwing s*** at the wall to see what sticks. Because the worst is when either one of you, blabs on for 5 minutes about something and the other just nods, gives the occasional "that's interesting... that's cool". and they are just being respectful but have nothing to bring to the conversation

If It's online dating. Do your homework. Hopefully she has an active online presence. Get out your NSA badge and start scavenging for things the two of you might connect on

I like to conversate about tipping, lets me know where her head is at financially...if she likes to give her money away by tipping >10%

Last edited:
Pretty easy with this election cycle and trump :lol:

Or the abnormal weather

Last edited:
Fun and enjoyable conversations that get flirty and playful is all you need. Throw in some pop culture references you two may bond over. Plan a mission for the two of you to do something dumb and fun that night. Tease her playfully. Just bring it back to the playground and you'll be money.

I don't do pop culture convos unless you dating girls still living at home with their mom

No grown woman going somewhere in life pays attention to that stuff

If you're dating teenagers and college girls that can't legally drink, carry on

Last edited:
i build off anything a female says. shes in school ; her major , what led to it , what she wants to do w it , back up plan , etc.

the trick is to stop her everytime she wants to talk about herself and change the topic to 9/11 conspiracy theories 

The trick is to be able to adapt to any topic shorty throws at you.

Once you confine yourselves to some topics and not others, you took away from the spontaneity of the date.
******* loves spontaneous ****.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/conversate

conversate Translate Button
[kon-ver-seyt]
verb (used without object), conversated, conversating. Nonstandard except in some dialects.
to have a conversation; converse; talk.

Origin Expand
1970-75; back formation from conversation

follow Dictionary.com
[emoji]169[/emoji] 2015 Dictionary.com, LLC.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/fleek

See what I did there? The word you're looking for is converse as stated before on this thread.

It amazes me that people think they are too good to talk about the weather or anything, for that matter.

I think people try to force deep *** conversations too much, just talk the same way you talk to people you talk to all the time.

It's all about tone and inflection when it comes to getting these yambs :smokin

If your voice is bish made, you're not getting any

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom