COOL GREY FAIL

Originally Posted by ALDY

eek.gif

Lookin like a tongue sticking out and all.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by TMcGrady1

EVERYONE STOP USING THE WORD MINES UNLESS YOU'RE REFERRING TO THOSE THINGS THAT EXPLODE OR A PLACE WHERE YOU FIND COAL!  Talking about a pair of your kicks and calling them "mines" is something you should have realized was wrong in the 3rd grade.  
indifferent.gif

Anyway, to the OP, you're nuts for balling in 9-10 year old shoes.  What did you expect?

eyes.gif

Originally Posted by stevesteve72

EVERYONE STOP USING THE WORD MINES UNLESS YOU'RE REFERRING TO THOSE THINGS THAT EXPLODE OR A PLACE WHERE YOU FIND COAL!  Talking about a pair of your kicks and calling them "mines" is something you should have realized was wrong in the 3rd grade.  
indifferent.gif

Anyway, to the OP, you're nuts for balling in 9-10 year old shoes.  What did you expect?

eyes.gif

What a contribution to the thread!  Why the eye roll anyway?

indifferent.gif

eyes.gif

laugh.gif

How ironic is it that you critique him about his contribution to this thread when you didn't make any significant contribution to this thread either 
eyes.gif

Side Note:

Glad you used the proper spelling of "you're" and not "your" like everyone else. 
laugh.gif

indifferent.gif

eyes.gif

Because I though its pretty funny how you come in here and tell everyone how to talkIf you don't like it that's fine but who are you to tell people how to talk.But I'm not here to start anything its not a big deal
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by aphexacid

Originally Posted by optimusp517

I dont recommend Gorilla glue for clear soles, it dries white. Unless theres a clear one i've never seen. Shoe goo sucks.

Take it to a shoe repair that will fix it properly with professional stuff. I had a pair of Jams fixed, and you cant tell they were repaired at all.

Cost me a whole $25.

Wow really! Do you know what they use and how it usually takes?
I have no idea what they use. I doubt they'd be very willing to tell a customer.

It took about 3 days total. It looks and feel exactly like its supposed to. Its not stiff or anything like that. The shoe bends exactly how its supposed to.

I know a lot of guys on here will think $25 is too much to fix 1 shoe. Yeah, you can try to do it yourself, but not only is it time consuming, theres a 99% chance it will come out jacked up.

The repair man told me the glue will last longer than the original, and it can get wet and all that.

Its totally worth it.

So here's the thing. I just took it only to one shop just now and they refuse to do it cause they can do the bottom, but not worth their time to do the sides as well. Did you get any hassle at all when you did yours and also was your whole sole separate or partially separated?

I need to go around and ask a few more shops and see who's wililng to do it.

Yes folks, they are old, but they are still basketball shoes with little wear over the past 10 years. I actually hoop in my Mikes once they have been worn enough. There are some that still haven't seen the court (23s for example)...and I never implied they were the '10 version.

I will likely take them to a shoe repair shop as I don't have the time or patience to repair the shoe.

Originally Posted by Me4u2Night

indifferent.gif

eyes.gif

laugh.gif

How ironic is it that you critique him about his contribution to this thread when you didn't make any significant contribution to this thread either 
eyes.gif

Side Note:

Glad you used the proper spelling of "you're" and not "your" like everyone else. 
laugh.gif

Now THAT'S ironic, lmao. 
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I dont recommend Gorilla glue for clear soles, it dries white. Unless theres a clear one i've never seen. Shoe goo sucks.

Take it to a shoe repair that will fix it properly with professional stuff. I had a pair of Jams fixed, and you cant tell they were repaired at all.

Cost me a whole $25.

Wow really! Do you know what they use and how it usually takes?
I have no idea what they use. I doubt they'd be very willing to tell a customer.

It took about 3 days total. It looks and feel exactly like its supposed to. Its not stiff or anything like that. The shoe bends exactly how its supposed to.

I know a lot of guys on here will think $25 is too much to fix 1 shoe. Yeah, you can try to do it yourself, but not only is it time consuming, theres a 99% chance it will come out jacked up.

The repair man told me the glue will last longer than the original, and it can get wet and all that.

Its totally worth it.

So here's the thing. I just took it only to one shop just now and they refuse to do it cause they can do the bottom, but not worth their time to do the sides as well. Did you get any hassle at all when you did yours and also was your whole sole separate or partially separated?

I need to go around and ask a few more shops and see who's wililng to do it.

Better that they were honest. I didnt get a hassle whatsoever. I took them in, showed the man what happened and he took them right away. We small talked a little bit and i asked him questions about how sturdy they'd be etc.
He said you can wear them like you would a brand new pair. They look and feel 100% the same as when they were new. I wore them about 12 times, and havent had 1 problem. Until the left one separates as well lol. At that point i'll take it to him and get that one fixed too. 

I have 3 pair of original Jams. All of different yellowing levels. But the shoes themselves are in mint condition. You cant help this when it happens. Its inevitable. Glue gets old and brittle. Some last longer than others. Good thing about 11's is that theres nothing to actually deteriorate or crumble. All that can happen is separation, and its easily fixable.

Seaglow will make them separate early too. It does something to the glue. I've never seaglowed any of my 11's and never will. The yellow doesnt bother me at all. its just going to keep coming back anyways.

Keep trying shoe repair shops until you find a place that knows what they're doing!

some of you all are forgetting Jordan's last game in MSG as a Bull...those were old and saw a lot more performance than my CGs did

Originally Posted by NY GIANTS 11

Originally Posted by supreme x jdm

send nike or jb a letter with pictures. tell them to step their game up. its sad to see people are spending $150+ on these shoes and they crap out quicker than $10 payless shoes. now thats fail.

WE WANT EARLY 2000's QUALITY! NON OF THIS #!%%$+ ECONOMY CRAP!
You do realize these ARE early 2000 quality?

roll.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif

NICE!!!!

Man thank goodness the shoe repair shop next to my house will do them and only for $19.95! I'm so happy. Less work for me and more professional job! Maybe I should take apart my space jams and have them redo them again.

Man thank goodness the shoe repair shop next to my house will do them and only for $19.95! I'm so happy. Less work for me and more professional job! Maybe I should take apart my space jams and have them redo them again.

Why dont you ask them if they can do that for you too? Taking it apart i mean. I dunno, i just dont like messing with this stuff at all. I've seen people do some pretty stupid stuff to their shoes trying to be a shoe repair commando.
Congrats btw. post pics if you have them.

I'd take pictures of mine, but i dont have 'before' pics, and the 'after' just looks like a regular space jam, so its pointless 
pimp.gif

^^ I did some sole swap. It was a PITA, but who knows. taking them apart might be some work for them cause it's pretty glued onto there

I've been thinking of sole swapping my 01 cg with my 2010 cg, but I just don't know

Back
Top Bottom