CORGI SHOE's stash (world's largest private collection) for sale piece by piece

Originally Posted by DublBagn

hey corgi.....how did you get the blog started, I know I have been saying I would eventually buy something from you and I still will (tuned air's to be exact), but I think I am going to try and do what you are doing. I have around 500 pairs, no time to wear them all, and more important things that need tending to (house, dog, soon to be wife, and a new car)....I was just wondering how you got the word out about your blog? any info would be great....
this may take a while. And with the normal lunacy and tangents.I started the blog because eGAY is a joke. Im not even talking about the absurd fees and 3 skillion rules. I wanted to sell my shoes. I had 100% feedback but never had sold anything. But had bought plenty so i had over 500 positives and 0 negative. So i list shoes and all off a sudden they wont let me list more than 10 or 15 "nike" shoes. This is because of two reasons. Ones there rules are absurd and they claim to be preventing fraud when its tough to find a pair of nikes that isnt fake on ebay for the most part. And two, there were two sellers who have been selling on ebay for a long time and unfortunately make their living from it. Or whatever they feel is a living by reselling shoes on ebay for a few bucks here and there while they still live at their parents house. (nothing wrong with that by the way). I lived with my mom for two years recently trying to get back on my feet. Point being they are jerkoff power sellers or some garbage like that. So they have a voice on ebay and there complain will be heard. Anyways, ebay stops me from using "nike" "air force" "dunk" "sb" "air" "jordan" in any auction title until i sell the shoes up and have positive feedback. Which i did of course so i go to list again and im still blocked because eGay is still looking into 2 filed complaints by resellers who didnt want me selling my shoes on ebay. So eGay finally says i can sell but can only list 5 or 7 "nike" shoes a month for the next 90 days until another review period.  So i decided to go to wordpress.com and do a blog. And i had advice and fine tuning from a few people as far as listing shoes by style size and category on the right hand column of the blog so anyone can search a particular category and sub category and size. Basically i just went to flightclub.com and ripped what they do although its not rocket science or unique to them but because i have a pretty large collection and its made of many styles i could create my own flight club.
I also wanted to try and sell my shoes on NT but the rules are craze and i didnt have any post count and it was just too much. Same with i.s.s but they removed the "corgi is selling his shoes" post because of sniffles teardrops and feelings over past interaction with myself and several over there. Nothing shady. Just vastly different opinion on whos doing what, how its being done, peoples agenda/intentions, a very very very very low low lowball offer and so forth.
The mods on NT have been very good in letting this thread run. And many of you on NT have been real supportive. And a very special thanks  again to Ruffin51 for getting this thread started. Also the hundreds did a post about the blog and otherwise its just been word of mouth. For s many people that know, theres 100 that dont. So each day i get a new person who is happy they stumbled upon it. I think i could be much more proactive with it as far as sneaker shows, being active in other message boards, or even NT. I seldom venture out of sneaker showcase. And contribute less and less. But the word spread by all of you here on NT. Simple as that. Without NT i would just be selling shoes on a blog that gets some visitors. But its growing daily and i am very fortunate to have some solid supporters of me and how i do things and how i run the blog and selling of my shoes. The word is still getting out. And its also funny that some people dont really wanna share the blog because then they may have competition for a shoe or miss out on a shoe and so forth. But the blog is in its infant stages so at some point like it or not i hope rthe blog becomes very well known and i can turn it into more than just a simple wordpress blog where i sell shoes. But something bigger. Not sure what but i have a few ideas. But that wont be for a good while since i still have 2000 or so pairs to sell. I always had underestimated what i had. But i think i was closer to 3000 pairs than 2000.
my advice is just be professional, curtious, humble, and appreciative of anyone who checks your blog or emails.

Originally Posted by jwdanklefs

Originally Posted by BubbaEla1

Originally Posted by jwdanklefs

Oh ya man, it was this passed Sunday and it was very successful...
Maybe 800 or a 1000 people came through...
We definitely had the most fun we have ever had as well as had the best displays...
Some AMFAM came in as well...
It was great...
Pics will be up soon...
sweet. glad the event was a success because i know you guys (and girls) put a lot of work into it. Thats a large turnout. Good to see lots of shoe enthusiasm in san antonio and the surrounding areas. You starting on next years already!? Let me know when the pics are up on your blog/NT
and for the skillion $ question....what shoes did you wear? and did anyone switch shoes and wear multiple pairs like a bride at a wedding does with dresses.
To answer the skillion $ Q - I was the most understated of everyone I think, I just wore my 03 retro neon 95s...
Some people were twisted when I didnt come in wearing some kinda of crazy "heat" but I figured what the hell, can't go wrong with neon 95s...

As for someone changing during the show, not to drop him in the grease but I think Fred (T21D) changed at some point... The god father can do that though...
 the skillion $ question is the money shot. Its crazy that a neon 95 from 03 meaning a nice clean version of the OG is understated. its crazy to me the direction things have gone. Anyone named the godfather can do whatever they want. They can wear two different colorway shoes like tmac circa the 03 all star game!

Jake - '03 neon 95's are nicer/cleaner looking than the majority of what a lot of people consider "heat". I think you were probably shutting it down with the size of the bubbles alone, haha.

Originally Posted by airberg

i think the Command Forces you had up recently are my favorite so far. keep up the good work.

i was surprised the command forces were in that condition. i call em pristine. Sometimes the shoes hold , sometimes they dont. I never do anything special to store the shoes. I truly dont think keeping them in ziplock bags does much because then theres no air so the shoe will just dry out and crumble. Or acid free paper or silica packs, etc etc. One thing i do know is that at some point they always turn bad. So wear em or sell em before they do. But point being command forces are a pretty cool shoe and even better when after 20+ years they still look brand new
Ah! I had an email written out to buy them and discuss a price. Decided to look at them again and saw SOLD and cringed
roll.gif

Wouldn't happen to have any thing else like that in store eh?
grin.gif
  Can't wait till I refresh the page and see a pair of Air Force 5
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by mitysneakrjunky

where's the heat....I didn't see any pics.
do i pass the "heat" test. in my mind i do because every shoe i have bought or came across is (i hate this term) "heat". As should 123% every single pair that you have ever bought or anyone for that matter. And if every shoe you buy isnt "heat" then theres a big problem. And if you cant buy a shoe you like because its not deemed "heat" by the shoe gods and message board peanut galleries then thats an even bigger problem.

Originally Posted by denverairforce

Jake - '03 neon 95's are nicer/cleaner looking than the majority of what a lot of people consider "heat". I think you were probably shutting it down with the size of the bubbles alone, haha.

very well said

DAF: those are pretty much phenomenally disturbing. Looking super clean on the midsole which is very tough for a burst. Thats a great pick up. congrats

G tothe A./D.A.F. if you gave me a choice between the air max 24/7 or the burst pictured or a burst in general from pre 2003 id much rather have the burst. Thats just my personal preference and taste. I still am amazed at the lack of interest in shoes like the burst. Or the total lack of interest/acknowledgment of shoes like the air max triax, air max deluxe, air max sirocco. The deluxe was an amped up 97, the sirocco was what led to everyones favorite air max plus with the tuned air, and the air max triax will always be a staple of the nike visible air bubble program. And the burst...well the burst was that shoe with the huge air unit before anything else. Good stuff everyone. Thanks for your thoughts and contributions. Anyone have questions for me whether you agree or disagree with me or thoughts or wanna show a shoe please feel free. This trread is for the people. Thank you mods for allowing it to be what it is.

vegetaray123 sorry for not getting back to your post. i did see a great running write up. what happend?

Comp took a nose dive and lost everything...I'll get it re-posted at some point as I've fallen in love and subsequently out of love with Asics yet again...Thinking NB's are the only sneakers I was destined to wear for eternity...At any rate free bump for Corgi...

OOOPSSSS...Double Post...Comp still not running right...Or was this user error?...The world may never know...

Originally Posted by vegetaray123

vegetaray123 sorry for not getting back to your post. i did see a great running write up. what happend?

Comp took a nose dive and lost everything...I'll get it re-posted at some point as I've fallen in love and subsequently out of love with Asics yet again...Thinking NB's are the only sneakers I was destined to wear for eternity...At any rate free bump for Corgi...
No worries sir. Thanks as always for the support. Asics are great runners. Id say right up there with new balance as long as it suits your foot needs. But quality and durability are the same. Also Brooks has some great shoes. Case in point. Look at the shoes at a marathon. You see the swoosh. But for the most part you see asics, new balance, brooks, saucony, etc etc. Then you'll see reebok, adidas, and nike.

G tothe A./D.A.F. if you gave me a choice between the air max 24/7 or the burst pictured or a burst in general from pre 2003 id much rather have the burst. Thats just my personal preference and taste. I still am amazed at the lack of interest in shoes like the burst. Or the total lack of interest/acknowledgment of shoes like the air max triax, air max deluxe, air max sirocco. The deluxe was an amped up 97, the sirocco was what led to everyones favorite air max plus with the tuned air, and the air max triax will always be a staple of the nike visible air bubble program. And the burst...well the burst was that shoe with the huge air unit before anything else. Good stuff everyone. Thanks for your thoughts and contributions. Anyone have questions for me whether you agree or disagree with me or thoughts or wanna show a shoe please feel free. This trread is for the people. Thank you mods for allowing it to be what it is.
of course i have to agree.  I tend to search for the less acknowledged models in an attempt to bring them some more appreciation.  I've been picking stuff up the past year or two that nobody really cares about, which is fine by me as prices stay nice and cheap.  here's a few of my less popular nike running purchases:

bfa25b5ea6459c07a8eaba5a7f5a07f8124cb5c.jpg

DAF. one mans trash is another treasure. And you are very fortunate thaht you were able to swoop on all those treasures.
those air max from 99 correct?
and the triax from 96 i believe are such a great model.
Those pics make me want to go check ebay now!
Thanks for sharing with me and with NT

DAF. one mans trash is another treasure. And you are very fortunate thaht you were able to swoop on all those treasures.
You and me both!
If you are referring to the blk/yellow Air Max I'm pretty sure those are the Air Max '00 - It's kind of a mystery since they only say "Air Max" on the box tag. I used to have that same pair. Such a comfortable and highly underrated shoe.

You and me both!
If you are referring to the blk/yellow Air Max I'm pretty sure those are the Air Max '00 - It's kind of a mystery since they only say "Air Max" on the box tag. I used to have that same pair. Such a comfortable and highly underrated shoe.

Back
Top Bottom