CORGI SHOE's stash (world's largest private collection) for sale piece by piece

the black pair with the yellow/grey 3m cross hatching on the side is from 2000, part of the Alpha Project. and yup it's one of those pairs that was just called "Air Max". no tuned logos on the box or anywhere on the shoe, even though the bubble/sole are the same as the Alpha Project Air Tuned Max (the white/black/grey/orange peel pair, second row, on the left, from 1999). same for the grey pair with the neon bubble, looks like a "Tuned" shoe but it's really just another 2000 "Air Max" from the Alpha Project.

the Structure Triax are from 94 (the white with black mesh and lapis/salsa red accents). I love the phylon midsoles from that era with the cool contouring and texturing, like on the '95 Windrunner (the USA pair). the other pairs i posted, in order afte the first 4, are '97 pegasus, '96 tailwind, '95 USA Windrunner, '95 Icarus, '94 Air Max, and Huarache Light Bursts from '04.

thanks all, happy to share. this is a great thread because corgi is down to talk about anything, and anything goes (within the confines and limitations of what's allowed on NT, of course). always a fun place to come and share something and bump the corgishoe blog!

Originally Posted by jwdanklefs

Some nice stuff rolling through here... I hadnt been in here in a while...

Corgi whut up...

thanks for checking in jake. things are well. Just been going to laker and dodger games (no more knigs since vancouver bounced them) and to concerts. Sellin shoes too. And actually buying a bit also.
hows things in SA

It's hot brother... You know my line of work, energy bills go up, I bring them down, my paycheck goes up... From 8 - 8, Monday through Saturday, I'm stacked...

I'm still checking your blog daily... Waiting for you to uncover something I can't pass up... lol

What shows have you been seeing?

8-8 m-f x stacked sounds good to me. bl;ogs goin good. cant complain
lets see recently in the past 10 days. drake, a ha, converge, dodgergame, minus the bear, ok go, marquez v vasquez fight, and freightend rabbit tonight. good times

denverairforce thanks for clearing that up. How could i forget the silver box was the alpha project. Those 97 pegasus are they retroes from the original pegasus version with the air unit? There was anoher great shoe to come out of the alpha project with both zoom air and an air sole unit but i cant remember the name. Very unique looking runner. Im sure it will come to me. IT just did. the air citizen! alpha project shoe
this thread is for anyone and about anything. I try to give my 2 cents on it all if its in here. So im very appreciative for you and all others that post pics and contribute and what not.
abernja  im telling you man, seeing those pics make s me want to spend a few minutes on ebay doing some searches and see what pops up. IO definitely think i will.

yes, citizens!  I been searching for a pair, didn't even put 2 + 2 together to realize they were Alpha Project.  I have only been able to find small sizes so far, but here's a couple pics from a japanese site:

madadaptable88-img600x450-1261966121wexm1k63832.jpg

madadaptable88-img600x450-1264653410x1xzsw98828.jpg

and a couple pics fro ma few years back in the AM Fam thread:

(pic: Mr KBiZZLe)

041107nv0.jpg

(Pic: rap and sneakz)

oh and the pegasus, I don't think they are retros, just a later model of the shoe.  I don't think they had any visible air up until that release though.  I can't really say I'm familiar with any pegasus models between 93 and 97 though, so maybe they did some with air bubbles before this one, not sure. 

Originally Posted by BubbaEla1

G tothe A./D.A.F. if you gave me a choice between the air max 24/7 or the burst pictured or a burst in general from pre 2003 id much rather have the burst. Thats just my personal preference and taste. I still am amazed at the lack of interest in shoes like the burst. Or the total lack of interest/acknowledgment of shoes like the air max triax, air max deluxe, air max sirocco. The deluxe was an amped up 97, the sirocco was what led to everyones favorite air max plus with the tuned air, and the air max triax will always be a staple of the nike visible air bubble program. And the burst...well the burst was that shoe with the huge air unit before anything else. Good stuff everyone. Thanks for your thoughts and contributions. Anyone have questions for me whether you agree or disagree with me or thoughts or wanna show a shoe please feel free. This trread is for the people. Thank you mods for allowing it to be what it is.
Now see, I knew I liked this guy
laugh.gif
  You just listed several of my all time favorites, most of which are very underappreciated in my opinion.

2zs2slt.jpg

nq8lrk.jpg

The Air Maxes with Tuned Air weren't the most popular, but they were some of Nike's best as far as materials and quality go.  And in my opinion, the AM Deluxe was far superior to the AM97.  The Deluxe did everything the 97 did, but better. They're much more comfortable, better overall feel, but their styling just didn't appeal as widely. 

Corgi, thanks for keeping it real.  You're point of view is respected and for good reason.   I'm always glad to hear from guys with real knowledge about shoes.

denverairforce   thanks for the zoom air citizen pics. When that shoe first came out i just didnt get it. Looked different. Strayed from the conventional large air units of that time. But it was a pretty tech shoe for nike. As far as air units used, profile, materials, etc. The alpha project made serious impact. Moreso in basketball but still nonetheless it was a time of innovation. The citizen, esp in the wht/blu/blk, was a great colorway on a truly unique shoe. Im just glad that some people on NT remember it. As always thanks

Imagine all the fun eBay and I are gonna have over the next few months!!!! - Glad I changed my mind about throwing these out a few years ago.

^ DUUUUUUDE!!!
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Awesome man, I've only got a handful left but they're some good ones.  Most are around '96 and '97 and are packed with good stuff.  I've got a couple in that pile of yours as well.  If you ever get the urge to let some go, let me know
nerd.gif
.  I'd pay good money to have more of them.  They're such good resources for all kinds of info, not to mention overall fun to look at.  My favorite covers are the older ones with the crude cartoon illustrations
laugh.gif
.  Good stuff bro
pimp.gif

abernja  I still to this day enjoy going through easybay. 10-15 years ago the "sale" /"final sale" edition had insane pricing. But eastbay was always a great source of info. Thanks for showing those. Appreciate it

larrivee7   Thats triax pic is epic. One of my favorite years for the triax right there. I remember buying a few of those colorways at champs and the nike outlet.
interesting point you bring up about the deluxe. Indeed it may be a bettershoe. It was evolved from the 97. But with a more technical performance aspect. So i really think you are not off base for stating that the deluxe is superior to the 97. Definiteloy from a technical and quality standpoint. But looks wise it didnt do it for the masses. But i have always appreciated the less commmon air max models beyond the 90, 95, 97, which were the standards. Although now the am1/87 of course have picked up steam and the tuned air max has always been an attention grabber. But its great to see appreciation and photos of the shoes youhave. Im glad you found this thread and posted. Please do anytime, because i love seeing the shoes you all have. or pics of the shoes that we can talk about.
respected or not i always say how i feel. Its being honest to myself and people who have a common interest as me. I dont see why so many others sorely lack that. I dont need people to agree with my opinions/rants but i think its good when people take a few seconds to read it and formulate their own thoughts. Hopefully in some way shape of form when they look at their collection its not a bunch or regrets, mistakes, and wasted $$$.
thanks again to all of you.

^ Your statement right there summed up what I've been preaching on here to the hypebeasts for years.

And as far as the Eastbays go, they won't prob ever be for sale or given away. I WILL however do a special topic on them in the near future. Will prob take a month to finish, but when I get done the post will be of EPIC proportion.

BTW - Those wht/blk/roy Air Citizens are DOPE!!!
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

and word to citizens. such a dope and under appreciated shoe. pissed i missed the white/black/royal just recently

What up Corgi!

Thought I'd throw em up in here.
I knew you'd appreciate em.

I know at least a couple pairs came from you. Thank you!! Lovin em.

Buy this man's shoes. Classic, beautiful stuff on his blog.

-Andrew-

Originally Posted by abernja

^ Your statement right there summed up what I've been preaching on here to the hypebeasts for years.

And as far as the Eastbays go, they won't prob ever be for sale or given away. I WILL however do a special topic on them in the near future. Will prob take a month to finish, but when I get done the post will be of EPIC proportion.

BTW - Those wht/blk/roy Air Citizens are DOPE!!!
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
very much looking forward to your eastbay post. Please if you can let me know when its up.

Originally Posted by jamesyo

yo corgi amazed you still have these

http://corgishoe.wordpres...sh-vars-royal-sz-9-2000/

don't know what people are thinking sometimes when they let certain shoes pass by. and this is only the second time i have ever seen pocketknife's on the net. the first pair i saw was in a diff c/way though. nice!

http://corgishoe.wordpres...pocketknife-b-2001-sz-9/
JY, hoep all is well. I am a bit surprised too on the BWs . But its been a matter of 2 buyers falling through and then just stuff like $40 and $50 shipped offers. Im patient. I've had the shoes this long. Its not a firesale. I dont need top dollar but whenever i wanted a shoe, i knew that the only way to get it is to pay a fair value. Because back then there werent too many sellers trying to do you a favor. Let alone a seller who doesnt know you and owes you nothing...not really prone to give you a unreal deal because they are nice. I think all the people looking for the best deal ever and a favor should take the bull by the horns and sell their shoes to me at a fraction of the going rate because they are nice, have a lot of shoes, and i will tell them what a nice person they are on message boards!
I beleive it that you have only seen the pocketknifes 2x. Its such a unique acg shoe by nike. I have about 6 or 8 pairs of them in random sizes ranging from sz 6 to 12. Just found a person selling them and bought them all years back.
But to add onto the pass up on/price thing..i also always tell everyone if you arent comfortable with the price dont buy the shoe. Nothing worse than buying a shoe and not being able to rationalize what you spent in your head and having it in your mind over and over. undoubtably you wont be happy. But also when buying, be honest. Be real. Ask yourself  if i was the seller, "would i sell the shoe to this buyer at the price i just offered". More than likely you wouldnt so more than likely the seller wont. Dont get upset. Just be honest. If you want a shoe chances are you know what you are going to have to pay to get it or if its a shoe like the pocketknife and you have only seen it twice on the internet than it may be a good idea to think that you might not be seeing it much beyond this time. thus it might be wise to engage in dialogue and be realistic about the price and try to get something done thats good for the buyer and seller.
JY, always a pleasure. Thansk for the contribution in this "for the people" thread of mine!

Originally Posted by Cleveland222

What up Corgi!

Thought I'd throw em up in here.
I knew you'd appreciate em.

I know at least a couple pairs came from you. Thank you!! Lovin em.

Buy this man's shoes. Classic, beautiful stuff on his blog.

-Andrew-
epic epci epic burst shot. you know i am one of the biggest burst fans out there. You and i both. Whether they are "the it shoe" or just another shoe, they will never be anything less than an incredible very significant nike runner to me. Such a clean shoe. Great toe box. And you cannot beat the heel air unit. Just imagine this shoe when it first came out. If you were able to see it at that time it was truly amazing. One of these days when i have it all posted on the blog i really wanna see how many pairs, and moreso how many colorways i had. I bet i have atleast 35 colorways. I think the main reason i liked the burst is because it always looked good on my foot. Some shoes just fit and look better than others to each individual. The burst was just spot on for me as far as looks and how it wore on my foot. From shape to looks it was just the cream of the crop.
A, enjoy the stickers. Thanks for the email. Gotta get on that reply back to you asap.

Originally Posted by jamesyo

not sure what your thoughts are on footscapes corgi but they are on of my personal favorites.

mystic teals along with these are my personal grails. wouldn't happen to have any in your stash would you?

http://page10.auctions.ya....jp/jp/auction/m68528022
jy, i have never really been a fan of the footscape or another shoe people seem to really like, the spiradon. Just never liked either. Or shall i say, i always preferred other shoes over them. whether it be a windrunner or pegasus, epic, or the mystery shoe...pocketknife.  or something of that nature. But i know i have an OG footscape/og box in the dark blue with black accents. Its a size 12 though. I remember i just found it on a whim in the stockroom at a mom and pop shop that ive had a long relationship with and of course im not going to pass up on it. Nothing against the footscape and i definitely appreciate them more now than ever as many shoes including jordans as time has passed. But you are definitely on the right track looking at yahoo.jp.  If you are friendly with the rif la dudes or just shoot em an email i think they can definitely send word to their japanese partners and see whats out there. Otherwise just keep punching in various ebay searches and as i have always found, no matter what the shoe, it always will become available at some point.
Anyone in this thread who can help jamesyo out with his efforts would be greatly appreciated. This would be a good chance to put him in contact with someone who may know someone etc etc and see if it happens. you dont always have to middle a deal. And usually thats theeeee worst position to be in. Middlemen are the worst for shoe sales. They have no ownership and just want to be a part of something like they are really doing anything besides being selfish and usually disrupting a potential sale by trying to make a profit when the margin isnt there.

loving the alpha project appreciation on the last page, as well as the zoom citizens....been after those for a while. never seen a 12 or anything close
frown.gif
nerd.gif

dope eastbays Jared!
pimp.gif

Drew, you already know those bursts are ridiculous
eek.gif
pimp.gif

Corgi, how goes it? been a while since i dropped you a line, trust i still check the blog regularly! i'm hoping you have some air max 98's in your stash
devil.gif
smokin.gif

Mayhemgatz   appreciate you dropping in. You said it best "loving the alpha project appreciation on the last page, as well as the zoom citizens"
things are well. Sometimes im more motivated than other times to do updates. Views are still increasing so i cant complain. Im just taking it slow and steady. I am a big max 90 fan so theres a lot more coming. Thanks again

Originally Posted by BubbaEla1

Mayhemgatz   appreciate you dropping in. You said it best "loving the alpha project appreciation on the last page, as well as the zoom citizens"
things are well. Sometimes im more motivated than other times to do updates. Views are still increasing so i cant complain. Im just taking it slow and steady. I am a big max 90 fan so theres a lot more coming. Thanks again

nerd.gif
nerd.gif
What up Corgiiiiiii?? Came by the store a week or so ago but you were not there, hope all is well!

for sure corgi. those two models are definitely ones that people either love or hate. there is no inbetween. especially when it comes to the footscape, and i'd say there are more who don't then do. hahah. on the spiri note, that is also another one of my favorite runners. the varsity maize and concord og's have been eluding me for sometime now but i am sure they will pop up at some point. i kinda find it surprising that you aren't overly affectionate of those two models considering the praise you have given certain windrunners, triax and other air max models, but hey, it's all personal preference right.

definitely appreciate the rif info and trying to connect me with people. us 10 mens is my size incase anyone has some info. and i'll definitely be on the look out for those og varsity blue footscapes, as my bigger footed friend would love to get a hold of them.

easy all and enjoy your weekend

Back
Top Bottom