Corner Store. Liquor Store. Or Bodega

Corner store. Florida

I get Funyuns, Ritz soda (champagne, pineapple, or strawberry) powdered donuts, Laffy taffy...... and my ALL-TIME favorite

042E233E-59CC-47D2-B365-ED9694B2803A.jpeg
booooy if you never ate a pack of these or a banana moonpie and a off brand coke after playing ball outside
we have nothing to talk about

Not to be racially insensitive, but we call corner joints habibi’s if its owned by non hispanic brown people.

If its owned by papi, we call it the bodega.

Just to be clear, nothing but love to all brown people.

Liquor Stores are their own thing :lol: corner stores/bodegas to me are spots I can run into for a bottle of water, soda, Gatorade, etc + chips and ****.

The store we used to go to had Boudin with chips for $2. Or, hot sausage on a bun with chips for $2.

Your store ain’t hood if you didn’t have store credit :lol:. I had about $50 store credit, they kept a book.

Then all the sudden, some Chineses opened up a store on the next block. We called it “China Sto”. :lol: They had a full pledge buffet running in there...

This was back in 98. Those stores are still there :lol: different folks now.

The store we used to go to had Boudin with chips for $2. Or, hot sausage on a bun with chips for $2.

Your store ain’t hood if you didn’t have store credit :lol:. I had about $50 store credit, they kept a book.

Then all the sudden, some Chineses opened up a store on the next block. We called it “China Sto”. :lol: They had a full pledge buffet running in there...

This was back in 98. Those stores are still there :lol: different folks now.

Man this one store I used to go to all the time, Korean dude was legit. He'd always give me a patty and a soda for free. "Hey big guy, you hungry?". I was hungry even when I wasn't hungry :lol:

Dude used to get rid of the video tapes whenever there was a fight or some **** :lol:

I've been in LA for a little over a year after being in NYC for 11 years. I still call it a bodega.

The ahki or the sto. Cleveland.

And it’s no disrespect to the Muslim brothers. My older brother Sunni Muslim. We always called dude that owned it ahk. Eventually the spot became the ahki.

Boston

Corner store
Store

I personally call the one by my house “lil peach” because that’s what it was when I was growing up. Now it’s a 711

Shout out tedeschis

I remember I visited NY last Labor Day. We were getting drinks, and my boy wanted a black, he asked the bartender where the nearest corner store was. Bartender looked at him like he was crazy, and asked him to repeat himself. Bartender looked him dead in his eyes and said, “There’s a store on every corner!” :rofl:

Had me dying in there.

Back
Top Bottom