"Cough Drop" Foamposite APPRECIATION

Originally Posted by CharmCityKid

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by UPandCOMING32

^ code expired on monday.

all the hate on these but people were BEGGING nike in 07/08 to release TRANSLUCENT black/red foams
laugh.gif

glad people slept. was able to a get a couple pairs for dirt cheap and will pickup 1 or 2 more later on
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

solid reds were so much better though....hind sight is 20/20

ftr, ppl such as myself def. complained about the '07 black/reds. i scoffed at them as well as cactus'. i hated the solid soles, i really did (or so i thought?). i wanted translucent soles. in baltimore, in '07-'08 both pairs were basically discounted down to about $100. literally SAT on shelves! i STILL didn't cop. in hindsight, it was def. pretty foolish no matter how u look at it.

anyway, fast forward to whenever the "cough drops" 1st released as HOH only, i went to PG and copped. honestly, i was INSTANTLY disappointed, but i copped anyway. afterall, they had finally granted us our wish of translucent soles so how could i possibly not cop?? so i waited in a line of over 100-200 ppl. but as i finally was able to get in the store i had to go thru several boxes to find a pair that looked even remotely acceptable. the pair i got i wasn't even really happy with as far as the "indentations" and quality, but they looked better than the previous 4-5 pairs i had just looked at and there was still a ridiculously long line of folk waiting to cop. now, i know there are those here that will say, "oh that's too picky", ..."always crying about quality", "blah, blah, blah..." but when i'm spending 2 bills on whatever i wanna make sure it looks and is the way it should be. in short, i had just then realized this was in fact NOT what we had all asked for. it was a cheap-looking, sloppy, poorly executed "rendition" of what we all knew it should have been. the molds...
sick.gif
. the "indentations", or lack thereof
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif
like i said, i was the fool really b/c regardless of all that i still copped..

all that said, i just copped a fresh '07 pair from an NTer so there will be no need to keep these "couphdrops", def. not appreciated.
wink.gif

(end rant)
smile.gif

cough-drop-nike-foamposite.jpg
  > Solid Bottoms.

These Were Jus Poorly Executed... They Shoulda Jus Left Them A HOH Exclusive.... They Messed Upp By Releasing Them As A GR And Over Producing These...

Originally Posted by UPandCOMING32

^ code expired on monday.

all the hate on these but people were BEGGING nike in 07/08 to release TRANSLUCENT black/red foams
laugh.gif

glad people slept. was able to a get a couple pairs for dirt cheap and will pickup 1 or 2 more later on
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

ftr, ppl such as myself def. complained about the '07 black/reds. i scoffed at them as well as cactus'. i hated the solid soles, i really did (or so i thought?). i wanted translucent soles. in baltimore, in '07-'08 both pairs were basically discounted down to about $100. literally SAT on shelves! i STILL didn't cop. in hindsight, it was def. pretty foolish no matter how u look at it.

anyway, fast forward to whenever the "cough drops" 1st released as HOH only, i went to PG and copped. honestly, i was INSTANTLY disappointed, but i copped anyway. afterall, they had finally granted us our wish of translucent soles so how could i possibly not cop?? so i waited in a line of over 100-200 ppl. but as i finally was able to get in the store i had to go thru several boxes to find a pair that looked even remotely acceptable. the pair i got i wasn't even really happy with as far as the "indentations" and quality, but they looked better than the previous 4-5 pairs i had just looked at and there was still a ridiculously long line of folk waiting to cop. now, i know there are those here that will say, "oh that's too picky", ..."always crying about quality", "blah, blah, blah..." but when i'm spending 2 bills on whatever i wanna make sure it looks and is the way it should be. in short, i had just then realized this was in fact NOT what we had all asked for. it was a cheap-looking, sloppy, poorly executed "rendition" of what we all knew it should have been. the molds...
sick.gif
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

all that said, i just copped a fresh '07 pair from an NTer so there will be no need to keep these "couphdrops", def. not appreciated.
wink.gif

(end rant)
smile.gif

> Solid Bottoms.

These Were Jus Poorly Executed... They Shoulda Jus Left Them A HOH Exclusive.... They Messed Upp By Releasing Them As A GR And Over Producing These...

Originally Posted by Rod301

sick.gif
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

wink.gif

(end rant)
smile.gif

> Solid Bottoms.

but these sat as "hoh exclusives" for months upon months upon months...granted GR'ing them later on in the yr wasnt that great an idea but they were dead in the water from jump

sick.gif
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

wink.gif

(end rant)
smile.gif

> Solid Bottoms.

but these sat as "hoh exclusives" for months upon months upon months...granted GR'ing them later on in the yr wasnt that great an idea but they were dead in the water from jump

I still don't understand why people judge a pair of kicks based on sales???

What does sales have to do with you liking a shoe?

PEWTERS SOLD QUICK....I still passed cause I wasn't really feelin the colorway, but that's me!

I feel too many people buy off hype either hoping to resell or to brag about the "heat" they have.

IMO if it dropped in the last 5 years, chances are......real collectors don’t think it's "heat" anyways.

I buy what I like...I could careless what my kicks are worth or if anyone else likes them or not.

I wish more of the new breed would just be true to themselves and not worry about hype.

END RANT...LOL

I still don't understand why people judge a pair of kicks based on sales???

What does sales have to do with you liking a shoe?

PEWTERS SOLD QUICK....I still passed cause I wasn't really feelin the colorway, but that's me!

I feel too many people buy off hype either hoping to resell or to brag about the "heat" they have.

IMO if it dropped in the last 5 years, chances are......real collectors don’t think it's "heat" anyways.

I buy what I like...I could careless what my kicks are worth or if anyone else likes them or not.

I wish more of the new breed would just be true to themselves and not worry about hype.

END RANT...LOL

Originally Posted by TypeRPinoY

whats the going rate for these in stores right now? lookin for a cheap pair to ball in.

under retail sometimes alot under retail the cheapest i seen them for was at ntny 
and i have seen mom and pop shops this past week asking for way above retail 

trying to take advantage of the foam hype 

whats the going rate for these in stores right now? lookin for a cheap pair to ball in.

under retail sometimes alot under retail the cheapest i seen them for was at ntny 
and i have seen mom and pop shops this past week asking for way above retail 

trying to take advantage of the foam hype 

i know theyre under retail. cheapest i saw was $130. i was just wondering if anywhere else has them for less than that. thanks tho.

i know theyre under retail. cheapest i saw was $130. i was just wondering if anywhere else has them for less than that. thanks tho.

sick.gif
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

wink.gif

(end rant)
smile.gif

> Solid Bottoms.

Didnt they pull the same move with the pearls and also the royals ? they be a HOH exclusive and then the follow up year they be released in alot of quantities (GR)

sick.gif
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

wink.gif

(end rant)
smile.gif

> Solid Bottoms.

Didnt they pull the same move with the pearls and also the royals ? they be a HOH exclusive and then the follow up year they be released in alot of quantities (GR)

thats the cheapest i seen em  

thats the cheapest i seen em  

All this bashing makes me want them even more. At least it's gonna be cheaper than the Black/Electric Green foams.

All this bashing makes me want them even more. At least it's gonna be cheaper than the Black/Electric Green foams.

Originally Posted by just another pair

yeah man those are nice, i just dont know why they're sitting everywhere?

they sittin cause they ain't these. really, it's the mold that kills it, as we all already know. when i compared the 2, the difference was pretty unbelievable. i'll just put it like this, coughdrops almost look like str8 fakes when next to these. i'll have comparison pics up in the next day or so.

2j1akv7.jpg

2mhirt2.jpg

Originally Posted by just another pair

yeah man those are nice, i just dont know why they're sitting everywhere?

they sittin cause they ain't these. really, it's the mold that kills it, as we all already know. when i compared the 2, the difference was pretty unbelievable. i'll just put it like this, coughdrops almost look like str8 fakes when next to these. i'll have comparison pics up in the next day or so.

2j1akv7.jpg

2mhirt2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom