"Cough Drop" Foamposite APPRECIATION

Originally Posted by kopNkicks

I still don't understand why people judge a pair of kicks based on sales???

What does sales have to do with you liking a shoe?

PEWTERS SOLD QUICK....I still passed cause I wasn't really feelin the colorway, but that's me!

I feel too many people buy off hype either hoping to resell or to brag about the "heat" they have.

IMO if it dropped in the last 5 years, chances are......real collectors don’t think it's "heat" anyways.

I buy what I like...I could careless what my kicks are worth or if anyone else likes them or not.

I wish more of the new breed would just be true to themselves and not worry about hype.

END RANT...LOL

CO-SIGN

Originally Posted by kopNkicks

I still don't understand why people judge a pair of kicks based on sales???

What does sales have to do with you liking a shoe?

PEWTERS SOLD QUICK....I still passed cause I wasn't really feelin the colorway, but that's me!

I feel too many people buy off hype either hoping to resell or to brag about the "heat" they have.

IMO if it dropped in the last 5 years, chances are......real collectors don’t think it's "heat" anyways.

I buy what I like...I could careless what my kicks are worth or if anyone else likes them or not.

I wish more of the new breed would just be true to themselves and not worry about hype.

END RANT...LOL

CO-SIGN

I appreciate them..copped from the outlet and regret not doubling up.  Can wear these without any worries in any weather

ive always liked these...

like everyone else, i copped from a outlet too. april '11. $100. They had the black/purple penny 1s too for $120. wish i would have got those too now. ahh well. that's' neither here nor there. cough drop foams appreciated :smokin

This is my go to winter shoe bought at the philadelphia premium outlets for 89.99 and I think Nike had a coupon as well. Now that the weather is starting to turn in Pa gotta break these out. Probably the last time for awhile a foam will hit the outlets.

Originally Posted by CharmCityKid

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by UPandCOMING32

^ code expired on monday.

all the hate on these but people were BEGGING nike in 07/08 to release TRANSLUCENT black/red foams
laugh.gif

glad people slept. was able to a get a couple pairs for dirt cheap and will pickup 1 or 2 more later on
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

solid reds were so much better though....hind sight is 20/20

ftr, ppl such as myself def. complained about the '07 black/reds. i scoffed at them as well as cactus'. i hated the solid soles, i really did (or so i thought?). i wanted translucent soles. in baltimore, in '07-'08 both pairs were basically discounted down to about $100. literally SAT on shelves! i STILL didn't cop. in hindsight, it was def. pretty foolish no matter how u look at it.

anyway, fast forward to whenever the "cough drops" 1st released as HOH only, i went to PG and copped. honestly, i was INSTANTLY disappointed, but i copped anyway. afterall, they had finally granted us our wish of translucent soles so how could i possibly not cop?? so i waited in a line of over 100-200 ppl. but as i finally was able to get in the store i had to go thru several boxes to find a pair that looked even remotely acceptable. the pair i got i wasn't even really happy with as far as the "indentations" and quality, but they looked better than the previous 4-5 pairs i had just looked at and there was still a ridiculously long line of folk waiting to cop. now, i know there are those here that will say, "oh that's too picky", ..."always crying about quality", "blah, blah, blah..." but when i'm spending 2 bills on whatever i wanna make sure it looks and is the way it should be. in short, i had just then realized this was in fact NOT what we had all asked for. it was a cheap-looking, sloppy, poorly executed "rendition" of what we all knew it should have been. the molds...
sick.gif
. the "indentations", or lack thereof
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif
like i said, i was the fool really b/c regardless of all that i still copped..

all that said, i just copped a fresh '07 pair from an NTer so there will be no need to keep these "couphdrops", def. not appreciated.
wink.gif

(end rant)
smile.gif

cough-drop-nike-foamposite.jpg
  > Solid Bottoms.

These Were Jus Poorly Executed... They Shoulda Jus Left Them A HOH Exclusive.... They Messed Upp By Releasing Them As A GR And Over Producing These...
nike-air-foamposite-one-black-red-615x383.jpg

quantities had nothing to do with why they were inferior...da grooves of a cough drop are shells of their former glory compared to da solid reds.

solid reds are TRUE tanks of a sneaker, all weather, no yellowing, no warping near da soles due to weight. made in taiwan...nuff said.

nike-air-foamposite-one-black-red-615x383.jpg

quantities had nothing to do with why they were inferior...da grooves of a cough drop are shells of their former glory compared to da solid reds.

solid reds are TRUE tanks of a sneaker, all weather, no yellowing, no warping near da soles due to weight. made in taiwan...nuff said.

i refuse to believe this.
i believe foambs were an elitist sneaker and not erry one was on them back then.
The solid bottoms rotted away (along with the cactus jawns) on shelves. (they never moved like that)

But dont forget that the "cough drops" (i cringe at the nick name) were first a HOH exclusive and dudes went ape for these.
Had erryone talmbout we finally got a translucent sole and it was a limited release.
sighssssss
They rereleased them as a GR and they just sat. The hype train was not yet running....

same thing happened with the pearls.
first released as a HOH limited release and cats went ape.
released as a GR and they just sat.

the whole quality thing between solid bottoms and cough drops are an elitist mentally. I wish the coughs had that quality but regardless
coughs w/poor quality(not that big of a diff) >>>>> solid red bottoms
icy red bottoms were sick and still are.

Back
Top Bottom