Could we finally see a return of the Swoosh to NBA apparel!?...

toosmoove29,

Were we separated at birth my man? I am all about the Sony stuff too!! And I wear Nike cause I got a narrow foot and the shoes match and fit me very well. Inever said Nike is the best for anyone, just for me! And I cannot stand when I see a dude with a Reebok hat, Nike shirt, new balance shorts, and adidas shoes,its like, pick an f'in brand and stick with it!! But again, it's everyone's opinions, if you wanna rock different gear, that's yourprerogative.

^ LMAO, yeah man, watch out, haha. Even though at 5'8", dunking on someone for me is about as likely as Steve Nash doing that to Kobe.

Originally Posted by MP23

toosmoove29,

Were we separated at birth my man? I am all about the Sony stuff too!! And I wear Nike cause I got a narrow foot and the shoes match and fit me very well. I never said Nike is the best for anyone, just for me! And I cannot stand when I see a dude with a Reebok hat, Nike shirt, new balance shorts, and adidas shoes, its like, pick an f'in brand and stick with it!! But again, it's everyone's opinions, if you wanna rock different gear, that's your prerogative.
and thats the point, its all your choice, its your perspective...some people find it wierd some people don't. but for me I appreciate bothsides....but its just a personal choice- for me I dont mix. for those who think it ain't a problem and saying we're going too far, we also thinkyou're going too far to be rocking an LA new era fited, with a Reebok Hawks jersey from a few seasons ago, Adidas bottoms and Nike shoes! people who havefavourite brands will stick to that brand as much as possible, whether by choice or circumstance like with toosmoove29 saying his dad worked for GM so all their cars are from there as well. just how it is..

I actually don't mind JB shoes with Nike apparel. A full adidas jumper suit with some Nike dunks ain't really happening. A jersey is a jersey tho. Themajority of ppl buy jerseys for events, and for support, not for casual wear.

And I have a Sony plasma with a Toshiba surround system btw.................................. Doesn't bother me.

I don't really see a big deal with wearing an adidas jersey with Nike kicks-- does the small logo on the jocktag bother you that much?

Nomad... you have to realize... people identify with a Brand or have loyalty to a Brand since their youth.

Some parents use only Similac compared to Infamil. Your mom may use Rago instead of Classico. I personally get a Chuckle when I see a dude on the court wearinga Champion Tee, Adidas Socks and Nike kicks.. with Hurley Shorts...

I aint saying look like that whack dude who wears the Sheen Shimy Jordan Jersey Shorts Socks and Shoes...and still the last picked.. and Im not the FashionPolice.. cause some dudes over do it.. but yes.. Im brand loyal and I havent bought any ******** or Lakers gear OR Texas A&M gear with the Stripes on it.

I think since my youth I have identified and been identified with Nike so much that if I wore anything else casually people would be shocked.. lol Now I didfor the first time buy my daughters a Puma Pink Sweatsuit.. but it was sooo tight and Puma makes some great Womens gear...

My boys when they are with their mom dont allow their mom to buy them Adi or Reebok. Cause they have seen nothing but Nike... so its different things fordifferent reasons. If you have the First Sole Collector Jordan Edition.. read my article... it will shed light on why some stick to certain brands.

Originally Posted by GIveMEshoes

Can they !%$+@#* make a size 36 already in authentic jerseys so I dont look like I'm wearing a damn dress in the smallest size!! I'm 5'10 btw! But i like my jerseys to fit me!
son said size 36
roll.gif

NBA players themselves wear da jerseys long i don't see how this is a problem.

Personally i like to match (i try to avoid wearing jordan and nike together), and like Rock said alot of people have a personal attachment to Nike like myself.I have always felt like their apparel was always ahead of the game as for as looks and comfort. I tried adidas stuff every now and again when i was younger,but i never truely liked it. The college unis back in the day were the best, and i love S.O.D unis now, so i see no reason to switch ship.

I can understand being "attached to Nike" so to speak, as through my lifetime I've mostly worn Nike's, and the performance has been solid. and to add I also have narrow feet as well

but there's just so many other athletic brands out their .. why be limited? Climacool and cool max for example are just 2 pretty neat technologies thatNike doesn't have

and I'd rather not limit myself to just one brand

**and if the only way you can identify the clothing as Nike is the tagging on the inside of the waistband .. is it really that big a deal? I can see in some cases it being "bad" tomismatch where the logo is clearly displayed .. but what if that isn't the case?

no problem with people having favorite brands, but does it have to be "head to toe" in Nike?

I can understand not wearing a New Era LA hat with a Reebok Hawks jersey .. because besides 2 different brands it is 2 different teams

wouldn't say I switched ships, but I caught some good deals in buying the Lightning Creator + Crazy 1 which I would have otherwise missed out on had I beenexclusively Nike.

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Can they !%$+@#* make a size 36 already in authentic jerseys so I dont look like I'm wearing a damn dress in the smallest size!! I'm 5'10 btw! But i like my jerseys to fit me!
son said size 36
roll.gif

every player has long jerseys only for the reason that it has to be tucked in and the longer the jersey the better it tucks and stays tucked in.

I don't mind wearing my Adidas Lakers jersey with my Nikes.

But the combo of Nike+Adidas casual apparel is not happening for me.

and does this apparel extend to plain white t-shirts?

as your telling me to match a pair of green nike shorts with a white shirt

that given the 2 choices

1. a non discript $4 or $5 white shirt made out of 100% cotton

vs

2. a white Nike shirt w a logo that costs say $35

you'd take choice #2 simply on brand loyalty? if so, wow I can see why some of these brands got so popular.

that given the 2 choices

vs

you'd take choice #2 simply on brand loyalty? if so, wow I can see why some of these brands got so popular.

Originally Posted by Mateen Cleaves

Originally Posted by ninjahood

son said size 36
roll.gif

every player has long jerseys only for the reason that it has to be tucked in and the longer the jersey the better it tucks and stays tucked in.
i wouldnt mind a 40 or 42 in jerseys, whats earl boykins size?

Originally Posted by Foam shox

that given the 2 choices

vs

Bro.. I usually NEVER have a Nike T on because I have so many T's I've cut the sleeves off and wear those for ballin in. Plus T'scome a dime dozen.. I'd take the Non Brand T over any Brand T.. anytime..

Plus theres always Marshalls, Ross or TJ Max.. cause if you are payin 35 bones for a Nike T... I'd like to be hired as your personal shopperplease..
laugh.gif

^ uh there's actually a couple tee's on nike.com that cost in that range (of $35) and your more then willing to check if you doubt me .. in fact somet-shirts even cost more then $35. I agree it is a laughable price.

and even on eastbay most are in the price range of $20 and up which is still pretty expensive for a t-shirt IMO

agree again, I take full advantage of those stores (as well as Target) as you really get your value for the money

***just testing to see how many Nike heads are willing to rock all one brand ....

but I'd figure the cross branding is worse when the logos are clearer on display.

How far do some of you go with this brand loyalty deal?

^^ Oh I know there are some outrageously priced Tees... thats why I say its crazy for folks to pay the full price for them... Sheer madness.

Originally Posted by MP23

toosmoove29,

Were we separated at birth my man? I am all about the Sony stuff too!! And I wear Nike cause I got a narrow foot and the shoes match and fit me very well. I never said Nike is the best for anyone, just for me! And I cannot stand when I see a dude with a Reebok hat, Nike shirt, new balance shorts, and adidas shoes, its like, pick an f'in brand and stick with it!! But again, it's everyone's opinions, if you wanna rock different gear, that's your prerogative.
LOL. Probably so man. Sony is pricey but their product is on point to me. Same with Nike. However, not EVERY Nike. I tried on the Hussles& they don't work; neither do the Hyperizes. But you hit it on the head with I never said Nike is the best for anyone, just for me!

Originally Posted by Foam shox

that given the 2 choices

vs

#1 for me.

I love Target, Walmart, and anywhere they have cheap shirts/clothing. I can care less what I'm wearing up top, it's all about the feet.

Originally Posted by ZombieJesus12

Originally Posted by Crazy EBW

I saw a Bobcats Jordan Brand t-shirt the other night during the game. Actually made me want to cop a NBA t-shirt for the first time in years.

I don't wear three stripes...
What do you want, a cookie? You're like the George W of Nike Talk. You think being obstinante and close minded and sticking to your guns with no regards for facts or reality is a good thing. Ridiculous.
eyes.gif
eyes.gif
eyes.gif
eyes.gif
THIS guy.

I just don't like anything Adidas has put out over the last 5 or so years. What are you even talking about with "facts" and "reality"?Where does your angle go from here? I'm DEFINITELY not a Nike only guy, just very anti-Adidas (and REEBOK).
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

If you're going to try and use big words, try spelling them correctly.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

It's funny, why are dudes bashing other dudes for being loyal to Jordan Brand, and Nike.

Take a close look around and see where you are.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

^^ Say word ... and I'm still waiting on those figures about the # of domestic vs. international companies that Adidas deals with ... sounds inflated to me... but I'll accept it if its fact

Back
Top Bottom