Couple chose to pray over child with pneumonia instead of seeking medical attention, child dies

And btw, this has NOTHING to do with religion. This is just complete and utter ignorance, and ignorance is NEVER a good thing.

R.I.P
This has nothing to do with religion... except that the parents were following the teachings of their religion. 

Praying to get better and not going to a doctor is a lot like praying to get a job and never putting in an application.

On... ******g... POINT.

This is a horrible situation and you know damn well what's coming next...

"God had other plans for him"

How does that old saying go?

"Prayer/or faith WITHOUT WORKS (

The Bible does not say that anywhere.

Stop making stuff up.
laugh.gif
God will honour and bless those who put in a whole hearted effort. Why should God bless someone who sits back, does nothing and feels that they should be blessed just because they say so?

This is a prime example of parents being ignorant. God still heals though miracles every day but God has also given us talented doctors and medicine so that we may use those for our benefit and health. Sitting back and telling God to make a child better when there is a solution readily available is foolish.

God didn't kill that child. I don't think murder is the right term for it but those parents most certainly let that child die.

In 1974, the FCG Church’s stand against all insurance stated in a document that none of its members carry health, or any other type of insurance, as the entire system is against the principles of Bible teaching and practice—depending on a human plan that is seen and signed, instead of trusting on the living God who is unseen by faith.

http://www.fcgchurch.org/Messages/Pages/Purchase Insurance or Trust God.html

Crazy how people are brainwashed like this and actually believe it's for their own good! I can understand if we're still in 1974 or you live in some remote village with no access to medical care.. but COME ON it's 2013 and we live in the US. Even the illegals are getting free health care for crying out loud :smh:

Stop making stuff up. :lol:

God will honour and bless those who put in a whole hearted effort. Why should God bless someone who sits back, does nothing and feels that they should be blessed just because they say so?

This is a prime example of parents being ignorant. God still heals though miracles every day but God has also given us talented doctors and medicine so that we may use those for our benefit and health. Sitting back and telling God to make a child better when there is a solution readily available is foolish.

God didn't kill that child. I don't think murder is the right term for it but those parents most certainly let that child die.

agreed. Maybe a wreckless manslaughter charge would be appropriate

The parents didn't "do nothing." They put their faith entirely into God to save their children. God let their first child die, yet they still whole-heartedly believed in Him to save their second child. Do you know how much faith that takes? God decided to let their second child die as well.

If you think it was the parent's fault, why should the kids have to die for their parent's mistakes? That's not right.

Isn't it funny how God's medical "miracles" are only as good as our current understanding of health and medicine? Let me know the day when God gives an amputee his legs back.

Last edited:

Stop making stuff up. :lol:

agreed. Maybe a wreckless manslaughter charge would be appropriate

The parents didn't "do nothing." They put their faith entirely into God to save their children. God let their first child die, yet they still whole-heartedly believed in Him to save their second child. Do you know how much faith that takes? God decided to let their second child die as well.

If you think it was the parent's fault, why should the kids have to die for their parent's mistakes? That's not right.

Isn't it funny how God's medical "miracles" are only as good as our current understanding of health and medicine? Let me know the day when God gives an amputee his legs back.

that sounds like: The parents didn't "do nothing".... they did nothing. How is sitting back and putting your faith in God not doing nothing. That's like saying, "nah, b- i'm just gonna sit back and not study at all for this test, God's got me ont his one"

They prayed to God to save their children. That had to count for something, right?

Unless prayer actually does nothing....

Last edited:

They are praying to God to heal their child but the entire time they were praying God was SCREAMING, "Go see a doctor you fools! A solution to this ailment is RIGHT THERE!!!" 

You need to step out and take responsibility and be a parent. Love isn't all about gimmie gimmie gimmie. Work needs to be done. God isn't in the business of giving free handouts just because you think you deserve it. God will heal when your heart is in the right place. He doesn't need to perform a miracle when the parents can go for a short drive to fix the ailment. If these parents were living in the bush 500 miles from the nearest doctor then praying for healing would be a very good thing to do.

These kids obviously did not have fit parents. As said before, skipping to the front of the line and not even having to live this life has them in a place of absolute perfectness.

http://www.fcgchurch.org/Messages/Pages/Purchase Insurance or Trust God.html

Crazy how people are brainwashed like this and actually believe it's for their own good! I can understand if we're still in 1974 or you live in some remote village with no access to medical care.. but COME ON it's 2013 and we live in the US. Even the illegals are getting free health care for crying out loud
mean.gif
That's what I'm saying. I am not being one bit facetious when I say that these people deserve sterilization if not the death penalty. They let TWO kids die this way, that's ********.

Assuming there is a God, I'm sure he wouldn't want you to let your kid starve to death in a grocery store, which is more or less what happened here. Truthfully, I wouldn't want to worship a deity that in any way discouraged me from seeking obvious solutions to treatable problems like he gave me the mental capacity to do. I just don't get it. I really don't. Faith is one thing, blind stupidity another.

They are praying to God to heal their child but the entire time they were praying God was SCREAMING, "Go see a doctor you fools! A solution to this ailment is RIGHT THERE!!!" 

You need to step out and take responsibility and be a parent. Love isn't all about gimmie gimmie gimmie. Work needs to be done. God isn't in the business of giving free handouts just because you think you deserve it. God will heal when your heart is in the right place. He doesn't need to perform a miracle when the parents can go for a short drive to fix the ailment. If these parents were living in the bush 500 miles from the nearest doctor then praying for healing would be a very good thing to do.

These kids obviously did not have fit parents. As said before, skipping to the front of the line and not even having to live this life has them in a place of absolute perfectness.
You might think this, but they obviously did not. You think that you are right and they thought that they were right. 

You might think this, but they obviously did not. You think that you are right and they thought that they were right. 
no, the only thing they thought was that faith alone was gonna get them through something that reality could have helped with.  there's faith, and than there's crazy.  god helps you through your own actions.  it was nuts not to seek medical help and there's no way to defend that 
laugh.gif

no, the only thing they thought was that faith alone was gonna get them through something that reality could have helped with.  there's faith, and than there's crazy.  god helps you through your own actions.  it was nuts not to seek medical help and there's no way to defend that 
laugh.gif
I wasn't defending their actions. My point was that we have different people trying to state what god is trying to tell one another. Everyone thinks they're right about something that can't be verified. 

Disregarding the fact that he said amputee (and was careful to phrase it that way), how do you know God was responsible for that?
A re-growing of a limb is not a healing.

The person without the limb could be in perfect health.

I know God was responsible because people who haven't been able to walk for years don't just jump up and start running around. 

Disregarding the fact that he said amputee (and was careful to phrase it that way), how do you know God was responsible for that?

I know God was responsible because people who haven't been able to walk for years don't just jump up and start running around. 
I could provide a response to this, but your rebuttal is inevitably going to be "how else could it have happened?" (argument from ignorance logical fallacy) or "can you prove that it wasn't god?" (lacking understanding of how burden of proof works), so I'm just gonna end this before it gets too stupid.

Last edited:
This is absolutely wild smh...I agree wholeheartedly with Comparison Ford....its one thing to have faith if you are indeed religious but to sit back and do nothing proactive and rely on some external factor that literally can not be proven is ridiculous :smh: RIP to those children....those parents need to seriously evaluate their mentalities in prison

So when you can't explain something due to glaringly apparent ignorance you just say GOD did it.

How does that prove God is responsible at all? There's a host of scientific reasons or just medical spontaneity for these things happening that I'd be more inclined to believe before a blanket statement without a shred of evidence....or even people being frauds (not saying all those instances are but its definitely happened).

Last edited:
these parents are morons!   They should be put in prison and should not be allowed to have anymore kids. 
mean.gif
   This is just a lame excuse for child abuse.   God gave us minds for a reason. lol to use it!   I know some of you don't believe in God and this is just gonna be another reason to say why religion is fake and dumb etc etc.....  But the parents should have brought the child to the doctors and they could have still prayed for their child to get better like any normal person would do who believes in God. 

I wasn't defending their actions. My point was that we have different people trying to state what god is trying to tell one another. Everyone thinks they're right about something that can't be verified. 
welcome to the essence of religion i guess 
tired.gif

Pay my respects to the kid first.. Sucks he had to die for his parents beliefs, and ignorance.

I feel that, if God really did exist and he being God already knows the ways of the parents, then he should of healed the kid miraculously, pretty much why I feel there might be a higher power, but who ever is watching over us, if anyone, they aren't there to step in on minuscule things like human life. People die and people live on our planet, we have a huge population and a lot of systems in place to prevent death, but life/nature equals death to whoever is at the wrong place at the wrong time. Meaning the kid who shoots his friend in the head on accident, the car that runs over and kills a pedestrian, the gay person that gets murder for their lifestyle, the baby born with.. you get the point.. relativity.. bad things happen, good things happen, and everything else. No God, just life..

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom