Couple chose to pray over child with pneumonia instead of seeking medical attention, child dies

How does that prove God is responsible at all? There's a host of scientific reasons or just medical spontaneity for these things happening that I'd be more inclined to believe before a blanket statement without a shred of evidence....or even people being frauds (not saying all those instances are but its definitely happened).
Medical spontaneity can't be miraculously initiated by God?

You all need physical proof of everything. When it comes to miracles physical proof often is impossible.

You are so warped by the lies that the devil has pulled over the eyes of society that when God does move and perform works you immediately say it's impossible because science and physical proof says it's not possible. With God ALL things are possible.

I have a friend who is a missionary/preacher and he has preached all over the world. It is absolutely amazing the things he tells me that God has done in the lives of people all over this planet.  From unheard of physical healings to financial blessings that seem to just fall out of the sky. God is real and he heals.

I know people in my own life that were struggling financially and had payments beyond their means. They needed a certain amount of money to make an important overdue payment. They never made a big deal of it to their friends and family and prayed and asked God for direction and trusted that he would provide. There were doubts of course but they stayed strong in their faith and trusted in God and knew that no matter what happened it was in God's hands. When it came down to crunch time, they were coming home one day wondering what they were going to do. When they arrived at home there was an envelope with the exact amount of money waiting for them in their mailbox. There was no trace of where or whom it came from.

Where that money came from is not what is important. That money could have came from someone who overheard them talking and wanted to bless them in the form of a gift or God could have just had some random person drop the money off.

The important thing is that they stayed strong in their faith. That obedience to God was rewarded with them being able to pay that debt in full. That's how God works.

Last edited:
How does that prove God is responsible at all? There's a host of scientific reasons or just medical spontaneity for these things happening that I'd be more inclined to believe before a blanket statement without a shred of evidence....or even people being frauds (not saying all those instances are but its definitely happened).

You all need physical proof of everything. When it comes to miracles physical proof often is impossible.

You are so warped by the lies that the devil has pulled over the eyes of society that when God does move and perform works you immediately say it's impossible because science and physical proof says it's not possible. With God ALL things are possible.

I have a friend who is a missionary/preacher and he has preached all over the world. It is absolutely amazing the things he tells me that God has done in the lives of people all over this planet.  From unheard of physical healings to financial blessings that seem to just fall out of the sky. God is real and he heals.

I know people in my own life that were struggling financially and had payments beyond their means. They needed a certain amount of money to make an important overdue payment. They never made a big deal of it to their friends and family and prayed and asked God for direction and trusted that he would provide. There were doubts of course but they stayed strong in their faith and trusted in God and knew that no matter what happened it was in God's hands. When it came down to crunch time, they were coming home one day wondering what they were going to do. When they arrived at home there was an envelope with the exact amount of money waiting for them in their mailbox. There was no trace of where or whom it came from.

Where that money came from is not what is important. That money could have came from someone who overheard them talking and wanted to bless them in the form of a gift or God could have just had some random person drop the money off.

The important thing is that they stayed strong in their faith. That obedience to God was rewarded with them being able to pay that debt in full. That's how God works.

View media item 424512

Last edited:
God was too busy making tornadoes to answer that prayer.
Please leave a message after the beep
oh its THAT kinda day on NT huh?
laugh.gif
mean.gif

Last edited:

I need proof and evidence because that's how you support claims. Theres tons of factors, self limiting illnesses, placebo effects, psychosomatic disorders where you almost make your brain believe that you have symptoms, pain perception can also be altered depending on your mind state. THose aren't made up those are scientific facts that have research to support the claims.Thats how things are proven in courts of law, scientific fields, and even just statistical analysis.

This is probably the only area where people can make claims without any true evidence or research to support claims or statements and not get looked at sideways. I'm a Christian too, but faith healings make me skeptical to say the least.

And we're warped by the devil :lol: So if someone told you that "God spoke to them and claimed the world was flat" and you had no prior knowledge, then you would just accept it as fact with no other evidence backing the claim? Everyone is taught in school to question the validity of statements or claims. There's a such thing as luck or good fortune...all doesn't need to boil down to God if you can't think of or find the true tangible reason for it. If this thought process were prevalent in the rest of our lives and culture then it'd be a pretty strange society, where people could just make boundless claims and chalk it up to a higher power b/c they don't know why or how. That money didn't appear from magic...it was from the generosity and kindness of another individual most likely, that is significantly more plausible than saying it was from God.

But back to this story, to rely on faith and not take medical precaution is incredibly naive and stupid...how many people "pray" for things to happen every day? Do many of them actually end up happening exactly how the person wants, no way.

You're not offending me by your lack of belief. You're spitting in God's face.

:rofl: c'mon man...so did God just not feel like these kids were worthy of saving then? they were physically sick children...their immune systems weren't even fully developed to combat disease...yet with simple medical care they likely could've been saved but its better to leave it up to a "prayer"? :rolleyes

How do you know it's a miracle? If it is a miracle, how do you know that it's your god that's responsible for it? 

It's not like Christians are the only religious people in the world that claim to see miracles. 

You can't just get upset because people don't take your claims without proof. If I were to tell you that I can jump 20 feet into the air, what would your response be? My guess is that you're not going to believe me. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dropten  

God was too busy making tornadoes to answer that prayer.
Please leave a message after the beep

Last edited:
Reminds me of the parable about the guy who was drowning & waved off 2 different boats that came to save him because, according to him, he was waiting for God.

Then he drowned, went to Heaven asked God what happened. God said, "Dummy! I sent you TWO boats!"

The lulz.

roll.gif

So did some old white dude with a big *** check come to their door? Or you're really going to stick to that story?.. haha

Back
Top Bottom