Courtney Lee... the next John Starks?

Originally Posted by damnTHOSEjs

Lebron blocked him once already, one on a FB and one from the weakside.

I didn't know he's only a rookie...guy's got a good future for sure.
are any of those blocks you speak of, from when Lebron clearly goaltended his shot and it wasnt called

Originally Posted by StephonUrkel

Originally Posted by Infinite04

sorry don't really see the comparison....Starks was simply a streak shooter and sucked otherwise....Lee is for real....plus like most was a huge Bulls fan in the 90's so I had to hate the Knicks and Starks was at the top of the list
sick.gif
post in sumone elses thread...

if u werent born on or before like 87-88' exit now... u know nothing of mr. starks...

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/john_starks/index.html

look at the PLAYOFF numbers...

O and did anyone notice last night after the second time he piped on Bron and they actually showed it on TV (replays) he came back in the 4th quarter without the mask? his agent/marketing ppl are on point
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

your kidding right your taking a guess at my age based on what trust me I've seen enough games to know....just to let you know I'm not even an 80'sbaby.....and Lee is gonna be a better player than Starks no doubt he's still a rookie

Originally Posted by NoneOfYours25

Originally Posted by SHUGES

Originally Posted by NoneOfYours25

he easily turned out being top 3 rookies this year
nerd.gif

maybe I'm being bias because I really like his game and maybe top 3 is a bit of a stretch, but besides OJ and D-Rose what other rookies had a strong impact on his team this year?

Lee has played good defense all year and his offense has improved alot and not to mention hes been hittin big shots all thruout the playoffs
Rose, Juice, Beasley, B-Lo, Westbrook, Rudy I'm taking before Lee. Maybe Eric Gordon too.
Some might even say Gasol and Love (though I personally wouldn't go that far).
Lee is in the same tier as Morrow, Jason Thompson, the Prince, DJ, etc.
And in the long-run, I still love Batum's game & potential.

No knock on Lee though. Cuz the tier that I lumped him in with is pretty damn good.

Originally Posted by The Wizard

John Starks was not a legit 2 option though. He could never help shoulder the scoring load, that's why we never won a title. Starks is what Mo Williams is to LeBron right now in the playoffs.
Underline: He just wasn't consistent. Starks = Mad Max = JR Smith = (Ariza next) in the sensethat they were/are explosive players who started their careers as slashers but fell in love with the 3.
Bold: Good call.

Originally Posted by iM COOL C

i kept saying he's like a next latrell sprewell...
I don't see this one at all. Lee isn't as explosive as Spree was imo. And I'm not sure Lee is that nice on D either. For those whonever saw Spree in his prime, he was an absolute BEAST. We're talking All-NBA 1st team and All-Defensive 2nd team by his second year.

i cant believe this guy is a rookie. whenever a rookie plays for a championship contender and is a STARTER, you know he is GOOOOOD.

Originally Posted by jville819

Originally Posted by The Wizard

i'd say Starks was a much better passer, while Lee is a much better shooter and is more athletic.

John was a combo guard, while Lee is a natural 2 guard.

I don't see much of a similarity between of the two besides their skin color.
nailed it
and Johns passion for the game/hustle... unmatched by any
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by StephonUrkel

o and he didnt dunk on jordan... he dunked on horace grant, jordan jumped late to meet him on the reverse attempt but he jus exploded to the rim over horace suprising everyone

I was waiting on somone to say this... QFT.

My $0.02:
Lee in the long run will be better than John Starks

THis thread makes me wonder, WHY DID THE HORNETS NOT TAKE HIM IN THE DRAFT... they were/ are missing a guard who can play defense and creat his own shot offthe dribble

Originally Posted by itsphillthy

C Lee is playing good solid basketball, but its hard to gauge his talent when he played his rookie season alongside four all stars.

He's a fundamentally sound bball player with a good IQ, and the Magic are a good fit for him....

but overall he's not even a good a player as Pietrus, let alone a John Starks.

C Lee comes nowhere close to matching Starks intensity or tenacity on the floor.

I'm not big on crowning rookies who play alongside stars either.

I mean look at Daniel Gibson. A couple years ago you guys were thinking he was gonna be Lebrons sidekick, a pure knockdown shooter.

We see how THAT turned out.
ohwell.gif

laugh.gif
as a starting sg....CLee >>> Pietrus...Pietrus can come offthe bench and play sf or sg, so he's a better fit for 6th man...and also it sounds like you're just watching the playoffs, because Lee has been waymore consistent than Pietrus, and Lee's a rookie which mean he'll only get better (hopefully) so I don't see how he'll have a drop off to nextyear.
my man CL Smooth reminds me of Roy to me...very fundamental but have explosion to thier game and can get their own shot...if we ran the offense through Lee hecan definitely get his shot

I definitely see the Brandon Roy comparison.They almost have the same personality. He's good in every aspect of the game. He's a competitor anddoesn't back down from anybody. He will be an All-star.

P.S. Stop dunking on my boy Lebron, damn.

I dont know....but with a healthy Jameer Nelson, this team cannot be taken lightly......Even tho i think this is the last year that Turkey will be there.

Seriously, it's sad how some of yall can't accept that Lebron got dunked on.C. Lee yammed on him twice, get over it.
Originally Posted by damnTHOSEjs

Lebron blocked him once already, one on a FB and one from the weakside.
1 + 1 = 2. And besides, that block on the fastbreak was a clear goaltend.

Originally Posted by itsphillthy

C Lee is playing good solid basketball, but its hard to gauge his talent when he played his rookie season alongside four all stars.

He's a fundamentally sound bball player with a good IQ, and the Magic are a good fit for him....

but overall he's not even a good a player as Pietrus, let alone a John Starks.

Pietrus. PIETRUS??!?! PIETRUS?

Back
Top Bottom