Covid-19 Essential Workers Check-in Thread

I work for a local credit union. Our branch’s lobbies are close and pretty much everyone that isn’t management or a teller is taking calls at home or in the office. I’m still coming in basically doing all the stuff that can’t be done at home. Cutting checks, mailing documents ect.

I work for a local credit union. Our branch’s lobbies are close and pretty much everyone that isn’t management or a teller is taking calls at home or in the office. I’m still coming in basically doing all the stuff that can’t be done at home. Cutting checks, mailing documents ect.
Girl in avy?

NT’s (soon to be)Undisputed Most Attractive Woman. Katya Elise Henry.
BF0E3A46-C9A9-42E8-BD86-D2EE70780F7B.jpeg

The Championship is still happening. Please vote for Katya.
Peace.

NT’s (soon to be)Undisputed Most Attractive Woman. Katya Elise Henry.
BF0E3A46-C9A9-42E8-BD86-D2EE70780F7B.jpeg

The Championship is still happening. Please vote for Katya.
Peace.
Kyle a fool for letting her go

Photojournalist here in MA

I’m lucky enough to be a staff photog though it’s been really tough outdoors. Some colleagues I know from different states have been laid-off/furloughed due to the lack of assignments (like sports, etc.). Routine’s been drastically changed; can’t interact with subjects without practicing social distancing, and I’m just limited with certain angles.

Recently received a notice about a source of subsidy from the government for journalists here but that’s 50/50.

It’s ****ing tough man, but I’d like to give a shoutout to all the healthcare workers out here! I have family members who are nurses, and they’ve shared stories about how this pandemic has changed their POV regarding their careers.

Dermatologist (formerly internist/ hospitalist) checking in. Wanted to show my support for all the essential workers on NT still working with the public on this thread. I'm still seeing patients for skin emergencies and trying to do my part to keep most skin disorders out of the hospitals and keep the burden off my colleagues in the emergency department. For others still working with the public, strongly consider obtaining or making your own masks to protect yourselves and others. It seems the CDC might have been wrong about the suggestion that masks should only be worn by those with the virus. Please reference the article below which highlights why parts of Asia, like South Korea and Hong Kong have been able to control the spread of the virus and still manage to go about daily activities without the fear and panic gripping NYC, New Orleans and several other US cities.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/01/asia/coronavirus-mask-messaging-intl-hnk/index.html

"Writing last month, Adrien Burch, an expert in microbiology at the University of California, Berkeley, noted that "despite hearing that face masks 'don't work,' you probably haven't seen any strong evidence to support that claim. That's because it doesn't exist."
In fact, there is evidence of the exact opposite: that masks help prevent viral infections like the current pandemic.
Burch pointed to a Cochrane Review -- a systemic analysis of published studies on a given topic -- which found strong evidence during the 2003 SARS epidemic in support of wearing masks. One study of community transmission in Beijing found that "consistently wearing a mask in public was associated with a 70% reduction in the risk of catching SARS."

1. Pharmacist at Northwell and Rite Aid in NYC

2. Yes hazard pay, bonuses, and a raise

3. No traffic (been a blessing in disguise, usually takes me 1 hour drive, now 20 min)

4. Hospital turned into COVID only. Went from 1-2 deaths per day to 10+ now. First to know and verify any new treatments for COVID patients so always looking forward to the next "what if this works". The retail pharmacy side has been absolutely insane also. Busiest its ever been, people rushing in for refills, positive mild/moderate patients come to us first with symptoms for consultations before heading into the ER. Been doing between 5 and 7 day 12 hour shifts straight since this started.

5. Grateful to have a job and be appreciated during these times, but I myself got knocked down a little and on quarantine for 7 more days now.

I work 6, 6 hour shifts a week now. Instead of 5 by 8 before. Do maybe 10 percent of the work and the time drags on. I'd rather be home but each dollar is one step closer to retirement even if its decades away. They take our temperature at the door when we arrive and leave.

Work in cellphone retail we are deemed essential.
At first I was kinda annoyed I had to work (aren’t working full hours but we’re still getting full salary compensation)

my location along with 1 other store is open.
Only essential things and we keep our distance.
No lay-off/furlough in sight.

they did however announce some people will have the choice to work from home doing tech support/customer service .
I’m cool with coming to work since my hours are less and we’re getting paid the full amount regardless. There’s rumblings that it’s not by choice that they’re doing that.

I’m on the fence about it because I have enough vacation time/money saved up to take the month off if need be. Not sure if I want to work from home to be honest especially doing those things.
I’m grately to have a job and a company that looked out especially during these time where people don’t have a choice, but I deep down dislike talking on the phone and I can’t imagine doing those things.

Back
Top Bottom