Cowboys Receiver Terry Glenn on the verge of coming back! (Haters be scared)

DETROIT - Terry Glenn is another step closer to potentially returning from his Sept. 13 knee surgery this season.
The Cowboys' veteran receiver has begun running routes during his rehab exercises and caught some balls from practice squad quarterback Richard Bartelduring a productive workout this past Friday.
There's a chance Glenn could participate some in this week's practices, though Cowboys owner and general manager Jerry Jones said evenif he did Glenn wouldn't be ready for next Sunday's game against Philadelphia. The team's Dec. 22 road game at Carolina is apossibility, however, Jones said.
"He's working his tail off and they're doing a good job on him," Jones said of Glenn's diligent rehab with Cowboys assistant trainerBritt Brown and the rest of the Cowboys' training staff. "No one knows, but from where we are right now relative to what we've got planned for himthis week and next week, I'm positive."
Jones said he expected Glenn to practice some this week for the first time since suffering a second, though unrelated, right knee injury this summer. Glenn hadtwo options at the time of the second: Undergo season-ending microfracture surgery that would promote growth of new cartilage, or simply have the looseparticles removed to maintain hope of returning this year.
Glenn chose the latter, even though the scope is a short-term solution that doesn't guarantee a full recovery. While there's no timetable for hisreturn, the strength in Glenn's quad has improved and he hasn't suffered any setbacks during his recent workouts. The Cowboys have held ontoGlenn's 53-man roster spot with optimistic hope he'll be able to return this year. Jones said earlier this week Glenn still could be a factor comeplayoff time even if he doesn't play in the regular season.

we're 12-1 without him and dominating....lord knows how explosive our offense will be when he comes back

If this man can get right and give Romo another weapon . . .
grin.gif

Thats good and all, but I dont think Terry Glenn is that great. If we do use him, he needs to be our 3rd option at receiver. T.O. and Crayton are doing justfine.

I agree with Trelvis. However, Ive been a Glenn fan the past few years, and next year, if he's still in Dallas, he will be the number two option. But forthe rest of this year, Terry should be the number three guy behind TO and Crayton...

Will be sad to see Hurd be put in the number four spot tho
frown.gif
I like Sam Hurd's game.

Terry Glenn
pimp.gif

Defenses better pray he don't come back...T.O., Glenn, Crayton, Witten? Its damn near unfair...

I say bring him back 12/30
devil.gif

Your offense isnt short of weapons...its that defense that needs some help

Yeah i read it this morning , He'll be the 3rd wr because he has to get worked in tto the offense and get used to game speed ,ut if he is Back in time forthe skins thats would be nice . The Cowboys are giving DB's enough trouble as it is he get back in form its gonna get real ugly .

Terry Glenn
pimp.gif

Defenses better pray he don't come back...T.O., Glenn, Crayton, Witten? Its damn near unfair...

I say bring him back 12/30
devil.gif

yeh ima miss Hurd too. Even Miles Austin. he showed promise in that Packers game. he looks like he cud be that deep threat if Glenn is gone next year.

Originally Posted by NyRapisBack

we're 12-1 without him and dominating....lord knows how explosive our offense will be when he comes back

Buzzer beater against Kitna = dominating?

Originally Posted by PlatinumFunk

so i guess the Pats arent dominating because they've had 3 close games right?

and notice i said offense. our offense IS dominating. We never score on kick/punt returns and rarely ever score on defense. Our offense puts up the #'sunlike certain other teams in the conference.

Originally Posted by 1NyRapisBack

and notice i said offense. our offense IS dominating. We never score on kick/punt returns and rarely ever score on defense. Our offense puts up the #'s unlike certain other teams in the conference.

You didn't say offense. You said "we are 12-1 without him and dominating". Then you said your offense will become more explosive.

If that last statement was a crack at the Packers offense...
laugh.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif

We have put up less TD's overall then you have, but our offense still produces quite a bit, I'm not going to get mad that you just said our defensecreates points as does our special teams (word to Blackmon
pimp.gif
). I'mjust nitpicking though, It'll be interesting to see what Dallas does with 4 deep threats.

P.S. I just looked at the stats... you guys have put up 60 more points then us, but we've allowed 50 less than you have.

i am also ready for glenn to come back. it will cut down on the doubes that Owens and Witten. it will also make teams go to more of two deep sets that willopen up the running game. i would like to see him back on the 22nd against Carolina maybe only a around 10 plays in a little garbage time. with him as the 3rdreciever he will be able to dominate 3rd corners and backers. the practice tume and the bye week will allow him and Romo to get their timing back.

Originally Posted by 1NyRapisBack

and notice i said offense. our offense IS dominating. We never score on kick/punt returns and rarely ever score on defense. Our offense puts up the #'s unlike certain other teams in the conference.

You didn't say offense. You said "we are 12-1 without him and dominating". Then you said your offense will become more explosive.

If that last statement was a crack at the Packers offense...
laugh.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif

We have put up less TD's overall then you have, but our offense still produces quite a bit, I'm not going to get mad that you just said our defense creates points as does our special teams (word to Blackmon
pimp.gif
). I'm just nitpicking though, It'll be interesting to see what Dallas does with 4 deep threats.

P.S. I just looked at the stats... you guys have put up 60 more points then us, but we've allowed 50 less than you have.
But what was the point of your first post? you just tryin to start S!!! Fall back.

Terry Glen was the DUDE pre T.O. days I cant wait to see him back!!! Its the best year to be a cowboy fan!!!! I hope we keep it up!!!!!!

Terry Glenn easily has top 3 hands in the league! Please don't argue!

If if coming back as just a possesion reciever to take some pressure off of Witten so Romo doesn't have to force it to him sometimes!

lmao at this dude posting at every cowboy-related threads and starting something..
tongue.gif

Originally Posted by BallinBoykz

I agree with Trelvis. However, Ive been a Glenn fan the past few years, and next year, if he's still in Dallas, he will be the number two option. But for the rest of this year, Terry should be the number three guy behind TO and Crayton...

Will be sad to see Hurd be put in the number four spot tho
frown.gif
I like Sam Hurd's game.

Yeah but i think Gleen would be a huge contributor. This would put us in the top recieving core with NE.

In time Hurd will get his chance, but you just can not start him over any of the three. This will only help us come playoffs.
pimp.gif

T.O and Glenn should be the number 1 and 2 receivers. Glenn is quicker, runs better routes, and has better hands than Crayton. But Crayton isn't too badeither. Having Glenn back will only help no matter what. T.O, Glenn, Witten, Crayton, Barber, JJ, Romo awwwwwwwwwww shucks!!!

im sick of these packer fans getting all jumpy just cause favre is having one last hooraa ... i pray to the lord that we see them in the playoffs and beat themjust so they can hold balls ... and as for the point of this post, Glenn is that dude

i meant our offense is dominate. we are behind NE offensively in just about every statistic except yards per completion which Romo is NUMBER ONE. Glenn canonly help us get better.

Crayton is koo but I see him becoming a Freddie Mitchell

FWST: JENNIFER FLOYD ENGEL: You can expect some 'wow' moments with Glenn's return
You can expect some 'wow' moments with Glenn's return

By JENNIFER FLOYD ENGEL
Star-Telegram Staff Writer

IRVING -- My last chat with Terry Glenn admittedly was a little on the abbreviated side.

Mostly due to the fact he had just finished a pretty serious workout.

It was a week ago, at Valley Ranch, your typical training for a player rehabbing an injury, but his balky knee appeared to be awfully sturdy. He looked, Idaresay, ready to go streaking past a cornerback that second. So I asked.

Me: "How are you?"
Him: "Fine."
Me: "Fine FINE? Or Fine fine?"
Him: "Really, I am good."
Me: "I've been telling everybody you are going to play again this season and be a factor. Please don't make a liar out of me."
Him: "I don't want to make a liar out of me."

He said this last part so earnestly that I made a note to myself: Big finish for T.G. Prepare to be wowed.

What once seemed like a pipe dream, Glenn playing this season, feels like a foregone conclusion now, what with him returning to practice this week and OwnerJones gushing on just how far he has come since having knee surgery in September.

The big question has become: Just how good will Glenn be?

And on this matter, I defer to my notes. Prepare to be wowed.

This is a group of about 10 of us who think this way, I realize. Hardly anybody believes Glenn is going to play this season and those who do are prettyconvinced he is going to be bad.

What little we have learned about Glenn in his fifth Cowboys season is he personifies a game player. This was a favorite term of Bill Parcells, his way ofsaying you can trust this guy. He is going to be with you on Sundays.

Glenn has not worked this hard to limp out and be a nonfactor. He is going to be there on Sundays. And this is a good thing.

I included the last part because apparently there is some debate about whether adding a player like Glenn into this Cowboys juggernaut poses a problem.

What can I say? The idiot faction is out in full force this week.

Feel free to question if this Cowboys running game has regressed in recent weeks. Go ahead and wonder whether "Mr. Fix It" has enough tricks to patchthis defense by playoff time. Even talk amongst yourselves about whether Coach Wade looks like Captain Kangaroo when fist-pumping on the sideline.

But questioning if Glenn returning is a good thing is the height of stupidity.

This is a Super Bowl-caliber team we have developing in Dallas. Forget winning a playoff game. Anything short of The Game is going to be viewed as a failure.

What is equally true, and underlined Sunday in Detroit, is the offense is the way, the how, the true path to this end game. The 2000 Ravens, they aren't.They may have to beat Green Bay and everybody else in their path 45-44.

So remind me again why giving the redheaded genius another weapon to unleash is a bad thing.
And Glenn is a weapon.

He had 70 catches for 1,047 yards and six touchdowns. Math has never been a strength but that is something like 15 yards a catch. Even if a step has been lost,which I doubt, Glenn is still faster than most, and thereby is able to stretch a field with both 40 time and reputation. He has phenomenal hands. He is anoutstanding route runner.

Is Glenn the third receiver? Or does he return to his regular spot in two-receiver sets?
Who knows. Who cares.

He becomes their second-best receiver upon impact, especially with Patrick Crayton's foot being booted and questionable.

Best case has them going T.O., Glenn, Crayton and Witten and double-dog daring Green Bay and anybody else to try to stop them.

At the very least, teams will have to think twice about pulling a Lions on them.

The Lions sold their defensive soul to stop T.O., keeping a linebacker underneath, a cornerback in coverage and a safety over the top. They did, and Wittenbeat them.

Now imagine JG has Witten and Glenn.

And let me save all of y'all T.O. haters a lot of time and trouble by addressing what is likely to follow, this idea that if Glenn returns and if he'sa big factor, freakshow T.O. is going to blow.

What if Glenn takes away T.O.'s touches, right?

This might carry even the slightest bit of weight if not for Sunday, when he didn't touch the ball in the first half, where he finished with three catchesfor 21 yards and where afterward all he kept saying how happy he was the team won and how he understands his role.

Why is simple? T.O. is getting older and the Cowboys are close.

So is Glenn, for that matter.

Both have seen enough in this league to know you don't get endless kicks at the can. Nothing is guaranteed. And when you get a shot, you do whatever ittakes to take advantage.

This is why Glenn did not opt for the season-ending microfracture surgery.

This is why he was at Valley Ranch on a Tuesday working his butt off with trainer Britt Brown.

And this is why he is not content just to come back as a sideshow but as a playmaker.

Prepare to be wowed.

Jennifer Floyd Engel, 817-390-7760
jenfloyd@star-telegram.com

Back
Top Bottom